Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Is Kyle Lafferty's injury just a cover to mask his impending departure?

The Kyle Lafferty situation really is a curious one, it seems as though Alex Neil sent him out loan almost as soon as he could last season. Therefore, it seems hard to believe that Lafferty will now get a chance this season. The question is why send him out on loan so quickly? One wonders if there is something Alex Neil doesn''t like about him!

Personally, I would be surprised to see him in a Norwich shirt again. Here are some of my further thoughts on the matter: https://www.the-newshub.com/football/kyle-lafferty-sheffield-wednesday-ready-to-offer-striker-escape-route-from-norwich-city

No because someone on twitter was saying they saw him couple weeks ago in the city with a knee brace on.

This guy is league 1 bottom half of championship. It was a stupid signing and another where we will suffer a financial it. There is no way this guy will make an impact in the EPL he hardly got a game in the championship

Never really understood why the guy wasn''t even the slightest sniff at playing up top on his own, he looked an absolute beast for Northern Island, and possesses surprisingly quick feet for a tall lad...

I would think if we were wanting to shift him we would rather demonstrate he is fit.

It looks like we need to sell before we can buy. If we don''t get rid of deadwood like Lafferty, RVW and Grabban then we''ll be buying nobody, at least nobody good enough for the PL. We should have sold them as soon as we won the playoffs.It''s like a repeat of 2005. We get promoted, but end up getting relegated because we failed to spend in the summer.

Presumably Alex Neil didn''t think he was very good. We were also hardly struggling for goalscoring strikers last season either.

Wouldn''t be surprised to see a mutual termination before the season is over. You don''t loan out a player when you are pushing for promotion unless they''re really quite poor.

I think Lafferty explained the loan saying he had a chat with Alex Neil about whether he would be playing regularly. When AN said that Grabban and Jerome were his first 2 choices, Lafferty asked to go out on loan so he could play games.

He was worried about losing his place in the NI team - the manager of which has been very clear that to play for him, you have to be playing regularly at club level.

Of all the things you can have a dig at Lafferty with, and there are a lot, he has shown he''ll go almost anywhere to play first team football. Something which has to be respected.

The injury obviously isn''t a cover up - but I still expect him to be off when a move can be arranged. Probably a loan to the Championship, maybe not until after the window has closed.

Don''t see any logic to fabricating an injury in order to cover up a departure. As others have said, if anything it would likely put possible suitors off.

That said, I think most on here are in agreement that we won''t see him in a Norwich shirt again. Difficult to see how he fits into the 25 man squad, let alone the matchday squad.

He will be desperate to play first team football, which he isn''t going to get here. A move to the Championship/SPL/abroad would suit all parties.

I agree 100% and understand his decision to move abroad in loan, I just don''t think Neil would havd sanctioned the move unless he felt that Lafferty wasn''t adding anything to the team.