Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Top tips for fantasy team players

Does anybody have a good tip for fantasy football players please?

I''m not looking for obvious ones like Aguero, Rooney etc.

Who do you think the "dark horses" are and why? Thanks.

I always finish nearer the bottom than top so not much point listening to my views!

its finding that low value goal scoring midfielder or striker (kane/ings last season) maybe its grabban or BJ this season?    My tip is steven berghuis for watford.  

Look for players who are listed as a defenders but who actually play in midfield. In his first season, Jon Arne Riise was one of the highest scoring players apart from the forwards.

Richie at Bournemouth scored both goals and ridiculous numbers of assists last season; depending on which version of Fantasy league you;re playing Walcott is possibly undervalued as he missed a lot of last year injured; same with Kompany; Redmond we know all about; plus as MF goals are worth more than FW goals, then any midfielders who score regular goals are worth the money - there are even a couple of players listed as midfielders who more often play up front...

Keepers: Either pick a top keeper from one of the big four/five and just ignore them all season unless injured, or pick a couple of cheap keepers (usually around the 4.5 mil price in FPL) and rotate them based on fixtures.Defenders: Generally I prefer an approach where you select 2 defenders from better sides (e.g. Arsenal, Chelsea etc) then 2 ''cheap'' defenders (back to the 4.5 price again) and 1 rock bottom priced played who''s never likely to be used, with the main 2 defenders playing each week with 1 of the 2 cheap options taking the 3rd spot in a 3 man defence. Ideally you want to pick either players who have a good chance of clean sheets (e.g. Mertersacker) , or players who contribute with assists and goals (such as Baines and Ivanovic).Mids: 3 bigger names, 1 decent name and 1 budget player, e.g Hazard, Cazorla, Firmino, Sigurdsson, Wanyama.Forwards: It''s all about if Aguero is fit and playing well, and then who else has form tbh. I personally take an approach where I usually have 1 top priced striker (Aguero or similar), 1 at around the 7-8.5 price mark and 1 cheaper (less than 6).Options to consider:Yaya - A monster when on form and attacking, expect a good season if injury free.Walcott - Could well spend most of the season as Arsenal''s main striker against slower opponents and is listed as a midfielderRitchie - The outstanding player for Bournemouth last season and if he steps up could be a legendary choiceSakho - Stood out in a rough West Ham side, showing major scoring ability yet still maintains a good priceMane - One of Soton''s best players last season when given a run, if he can continue to score at that rate he''s a must haveRose - If Spurs can improve defensively then Rose is a great option. Creates chances and helps attacks.Van Aanholt - As with Rose, a very attacking full back with great assist potentialJerome/Grabban - Both budget striker options worth considering if money is tight for a 3rd choice strikerRedmond - Could excel for us this season and at a good price is worth a cheeky puntDepay - Likely to be playing in the no 10 role behind Rooney, could easily hit double figures for goals and assists each.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Jerome/Grabban ???????? 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅[/quote]There isn''t a better option available in FPL for 5.0 and under than either of our main two strikers IMHO, with someone like Ighalo being the next best option on a budget.

Memphis Depay is classed as a midfielder where as I think he will be part of a front 3. More likely to get goals from there than a standard wide position. I may be wrong though, I often am with this.

Must have: Hazard, Rooney, Costa (when fit)

Gamble: Walcott, Depay

Bargain: Courtois, Mertsacker

I usually sacrifice defenders for top earners (Aguero,Sanchez,Hazard) but as two out of the three won''t start I''ve gone with a 4-5-1 I''m banking on my midfield for points.

Courtois

Bellerin, Jagielka, Mertsacker, Clyne

Hazard, Fabregas, Walcott, Depay, Henderson.

Rooney

Worth noting high flying Arsenal are playing a West Ham team just back from Europa League duty in the arse end of Romania.

Remember when Ronaldo was there! £14m and he was still too cheap!

Anyway, agree with most above. The key is getting players who play more advanced roles than their listed position says.

To add to that, be mindful of double game weeks.

My Norwich tips would have been Olsson and Jerome but we don''t know when Olsson is back so probs not him yet! When it becomes clear who is starting on Sat vs palace (if it does in time) out of grabbs and Jerome, they are a great shout as their price will mean you can slot aguero and hazard alongside them seamlessly.

Last tip, save your wildcard until either the Jan window or a big double game week.

Barahino on most is undervalued and is a good second striker to go with one of Aguero/Rooney etc.

Depay could be a good investment BUT we''ve currently got no idea where he''s going to play.

One of Carzola and Courtinho are a good shout.

Mane at SOTON another undervalued player.

Clyne in defense is another undervalued.

[quote user="AJ"]Depay could be a good investment BUT we''ve currently got no idea where he''s going to play.[/quote]True, but every indication we''ve had so far is that he''s likely to be playing off Rooney, with Young on the left and Mata on the right, potentially even playing upfront if Rooney is injured.Considering his ability, the current signs and the potential on offer, I personally think it''s worth the gamble, especially when his price is fairly reasonable based on what could be.

Fair point Indy - I''ve gotta say I''m struggling to decide between choosing Walcott or Depay.

Walcott lowered in price but not sure how often he''ll start, whereas Depay is an unknown but with a lot of promise. Decisions, decisions!

I take the best goaly in the league (courtois) and then the cheapest as his back up.def is normally bargain players from teams like stoke, cheap and decent record for clean sheets, or goalscoring cheap defenders2 strikers I think will be the best in the league, followed by the third being the cheapest I can findand use the rest I have to get the best goalscoring midfielders/wingers (mostly wingers)It''s a high risk - high reward strategy. there''s not much forgiveness for injuries or suspensions, but you put that in to consideration when you pick your top players