Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

norwich make offer for porto's juan quintero

The counter argument is how good is this guy. A couple of years ago a few top teams were linked with him but non followed up. he is in the Portuguese league where RVW blossomed and he struggles to get a game. add to this his recent international caps have been a tad sparse. could it be he is Portos RVW and he may or may not come off with a move away. If it is a lot of cash then it represents a huge risk and anyway i though CB and big striker were our priority

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/nacional/1a-liga/porto/detalhe/norwich-tenta-quintero-966862.html&prev=search

Google translation:

Norwich is the latest club to express interest in hiring Juan Quintero, who is looking for placement after being waived by Julen Lopetegui. The midfielder, 22, was placed by Tuttomercato site on the route of the English emblem, which has fierce competition from a host of Italians, with Genoa, Chievo Verona, Sampdoria and Palermo in a race to sprint.

The fact that a lot of people interested in Italy has to do with his time at Pescara, in the 2012/13 season, before arriving at FC Porto, where he spent two seasons with little brilliance.

Once you have purchased initially 50 percent of the pass for 5 million euros, the SAD dragons acquired the other half at the end of last year by 4.5 million. A global investment of EUR 9.5 million that the Dragons are now seeking to recover. The goal goes through the average yield, so that you can show up elsewhere.

Would love to sign him has real ability and would be an exciting player to watch but I just can see it happening, he is being put in the shop window by his agent and will take the best offer avaliable.

[quote user="tricky974"]he is being put in the shop window by his agent and will take the best offer avaliable.[/quote]And what makes you think that it wouldn''t be ours?

Bolognas deal that collapsed earlier this summer was a loan with an option to buy for 16m euros so about £12m i think.

Makes me think the loan fee would be at least £2m.

Do you think this will be instead of Mbokani or whoever or as well as.

I don''t think it would be instead of Mbokani, as I don''t think Norwich are interested in Quintero at all.

If Norwich are going for such a player, there would be more than one link from a dodgy Italian website. No one in Colombia is reporting any new information on this and all the reports that have been made are just rehashes from the one source. There isn''t one quote from the player or his agent on this story, which should always ring alarm bells.

The main reason I don''t think this is true, is the player is the complete opposite of what AN appears to be looking for in new transfers. Quintero is known to enjoy partying and doesn''t look after himself (he was tweeting at 2:30am which doesn''t suggest he''s preparing for the new season in the best possible fashion), he never tracks back and offers nothing defensively and he is useless at keeping in a team''s shape. That doesn''t sound like an AN player to me - who if the stories are true rejected Laverriy at the death due to his attitude.

Whilst I think if would be affordable for Norwich, especially a loan deal with an option after one season, and I think the player himself wouldn''t object to a move to the Premier League to try and respark his career - I just don''t see him and Norwich being a good match right now.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="tricky974"]he is being put in the shop window by his agent and will take the best offer avaliable.[/quote]And what makes you think that it wouldn''t be ours?[/quote]

Because that would require too many people at NCFC, including DM, to take leave of their senses.

Next thing I would expect to hear would be that we''ve offered to take Balotelli off Liverpool''s hands.

In many cases there''s no smoke without fire so despite others comments I''m still hopeful there''s something in this. Norwich are an attractive club. Spent 3 of last 4 years in the prem about to enter our 4th in 5 years. We can attract players of this calibre

I think you''ve got it bang on there Bethnal, we''ve got 7 pages here of mainly understandable excitement at the prospect of us signing a player of known calibre (the quote that he has the potential to be the new Lionel Messi has not helped either), but I fear when this doesn''t materialise it''ll just be used as a stick to beat David McNally (and probably Russell Martin) with, when it''s actually ourselves that have hyped this up and not the club. Be very interesting IF it did happen, but I agree with Bethnal''s reasons above and I just can''t see it materialising.

I think if this summer has shown anything (along with other summer transfer windows when Norwich have been in the Premier League) is that 9 times out of 10 there is a lot of smoke, and no fire at all.

You only have to trawl through the pages of this message board to see the dozens of names Norwich have been linked with, with about zero truth in most of them. From McArthur to Jazz Richards, via Jahanbakhsh and Yedlin, detours through N''Doye, Baffo and Guidetti. Exotic getaways in Nagatomo, Silmani and Mbodj. Don''t forget Mbemba, van Weert, Defrel, Djuricic, Ibrahim or the many other names that have come and gone.

So much smoke you could run the smokehouse at Cley for a year, but not enough fire to cook a sardine on.

I believe we''ll get this guy about as much as I believe we''ll get van Dijjk. It''s just not going to happen.

That said, he looks absolutely class and I would love to be proven wrong.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I think if this summer has shown anything (along with other summer transfer windows when Norwich have been in the Premier League) is that 9 times out of 10 there is a lot of smoke, and no fire at all.

You only have to trawl through the pages of this message board to see the dozens of names Norwich have been linked with, with about zero truth in most of them. From McArthur to Jazz Richards, via Jahanbakhsh and Yedlin, detours through N''Doye, Baffo and Guidetti. Exotic getaways in Nagatomo, Silmani and Mbodj. Don''t forget Mbemba, van Weert, Defrel Djuricic, Ibrahim or the many other names that have come and gone.

So much smoke you could run the smokehouse at Cley for a year, but not enough fire to cook a sardine on.[/quote]

Does it matter that people like to speculate? We''re back in the top league and supporters enjoy talking about possible new players. Sure, a lot are probably out of our league but I''d rather be discussing a Colombian World Cup player than, say, Luke Varney someone our friends down the road have been talking about.

I love speculation as much as the next man - made a living off it for a while working for a tabloid - but as Alex says, there is a risk people start to believe it. When Quintero inevitably signs for Pescara again, or Bologna or Verona people will use it as a stick to beat the club with. Cries of ''no ambition'', ''can''t even outbid a small Italian team'', etc.

I was responding to a comment that there is no smoke without fire, but this is untrue with transfer speculation. So felt it was worth pointing out so people don''t start to expect Quintero and are disappointed that it doesn''t happen.

Highland Canary wrote the following post at 05/08/2015 9:32 PM:

But can he play at RCB?

Maybe AN considers him a better option at the back than our current defenders.

Another non story.

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 06/08/2015 12:11 PM:I love speculation as much as the next man - made a living off it for a while working for a tabloid - but as Alex says, there is a risk people start to believe it. When Quintero inevitably signs for Pescara again, or Bologna or Verona people will use it as a stick to beat the club with. Cries of ''no ambition'', ''can''t even outbid a small Italian team'', etc.

--------------------

I can hear Waveney sharpening his knife now

http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=5&id=563987

A- A + A

Juan Quintero, médio colombiano dos dragões, é pretendido pelos ingleses do Norwich, como pode ler esta quinta-feira em A BOLA. Juan Quintero, Colombian midfielder of dragons, is intended by the English Norwich, as you can read on Thursday in THE BALL. Depois do interesse do Chievo, a nova proposta pelo internacional de 22 anos chega agora de Inglaterra. After the interest of Chievo, the new proposal by the International 22 years now comes from England. De acordo com o site TMZ , o Norwich terá feito uma oferta economicamente forte ao FC Porto para um empréstimo de duas épocas, com opção de compra. According to TMZ, the Norwich have made ​​an economically strong offering to FC Porto for a loan of two seasons with option to purchase. Os azuis e brancos pretendem vender Quintero nesta janela de transferências, uma vez que não entra nos planos de Lopetegui, sendo a base mínima de 12 milhões de euros. The blue and white Quintero intend to sell this transfer window, as it does not enter the Lopetegui plans, with a minimum base of 12 million euros.

Alex Neil not interested in tiny lightweight skillfull but doesnt trackback foreign player shocker.

Scene: The Porto boardroom (10 or so days ago)Chairman: Some great news, we have signed Dani Osvaldo. BUT it is now even more essential that we offload Juan Quintero. There''s been zero interest so far. Nobody leaves this room until we find a solution.Long, long silence, broken suddenly by a shout of "Eureka!" from the Director of Football:Remember two years ago. Sporting were in dire straits and were saved by selling van Wolfswinkel for an abolute bomb to some flush EPL club with more money than sense. £8m GPB up front in January (gasps followed by hoots of laughter round the table).Board secretary consults his iPad: Norwich City AND they''ve just got back into the EPL. They''ll be looking for another "marquee" signing.Chairman: Brilliant, brilliant. Let''s put out a rumour in an Italian media outlet that Norwich have shown interest. Lightning can strike twice you know, and even if it doesn''t it might create some interest in Italy. Well done everybody, Meeting closed. I suggest we crack a bottle and drink to Norwich City FC (laughter).