Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

norwich make offer for porto's juan quintero

If this came off I would be gobsmacked and unbelievable impressed. Going from being linked with tomlin to this guy is a massive difference. Very highly rated and still very young at just 22. Linked with arsenal just last season.

[quote user="Cerberus"]Can I be the first to make the prediction that this years Quag wont make it to a 100+ pages thread?[/quote]Sorry the honour of this years "Quag" thread has already gone to Tom Cavendish''s (currently) 22 page laugh-a-thon about City relocating to a ground share with either Norwich United at Plantation Park or Norwich RFUC at an unknown site somewhere near Sprowston Manor.As for Norwich signing Juan Quintero. I very much doubt we would be prepared to meet the £32million release clause Porto have written into his contract.

There''s real substance in this one; I saw his agent quoted as saying "A lot of clubs have shown interest in Juan, but he''s told me not to give any encouragement to the likes of Arsenal and Southampton. He has his heart set on a move to Norwich City. He can''t explain it, he just feels that''s where he wants to be."

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]There''s real substance in this one; I saw his agent quoted as saying "A lot of clubs have shown interest in Juan, but he''s told me not to give any encouragement to the likes of Arsenal and Southampton. He has his heart set on a move to Norwich City. He can''t explain it, he just feels that''s where he wants to be."[/quote]I heard that he was amazed by our new kit and that he cant wait to try it on.

[quote user="USA Canary"][quote user="chuggs"]Where is the link please[/quote]

Here is a link:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/04/report-norwich-city-table-offer-for-porto-midfielder-juan-fernan/[/quote]

Can anyone tell me how you insert a clickable link into a posting? Thanks

It seems that his stock has declined dramatically over the last 12 months, as Arsenal were reportedly interested in him. However its now us and Chievo the two clubs interested...

He failed play a single full 90 mins last season for Porto with mostly subs appearances. However the fact that he has a good number of Columbian caps (not just a couple like RVW) at just the age of 22, would suggest that he is a very good young prospect and talent. The sort of player that could become our star man, and with age on his side be worth a lot more in years to come.

I would trust AN to know that he would suit our style of play and be capable of the premier leagues demands.

Two random items today linking us with attacking midfielders Quintero and Maxim.

I have had a funny feeling that something is going on in the background re Virgil Van Dijk and that Hoolahan plus RVW will be going to Celtic in part exchange for him.

An attacking midfielder to replace Hoolahan ????

Didn''t have a drink last night either !!!!

Whatever happens, Wes must not be used as makeweight in ANY deal...he''s very light you know.

By the way, if we sign Quintero, i''ll be astounded, poss loan swap for RVW, with each Club paying their contracted players wages , could be a goer, so Porto get RVW on Quinteros wages and we get Quintero on RVWs. Win Win all round, cos i doubt Quintero is on as much as RVW is.

Be very surprised if Wes was to leave this window - get rid of our most technically gifted player? More importantly, Alex Neil seems to rate him so it would surprise me. But, these links with attacking mids do make you wonder. Up until Mulumbu''s injury I''d had a sneaking suspicion that Howson would be sold for some weird reason.

Why would Wes want to leave and why would we get him go? Never in a million years.

Unfortunately Wes won''t play that often in the Premier League, yes he undoubtedly possesses the quality to find that killer ball but he is too one footed and predictable for the Premier League. Great player in the Championship, gets found out in the PL. Also I would argue that he doesn''t score anywhere near enough goals for an attacking midfielder, his stats for his last season in the Premier League where 16 appearances and 1 goal...

Also at 33 he''s not getting any younger. Not that I know much about the Quintero bloke but at 22 and 13 caps for Colombia he doesn''t sound the worst replacement for Hoolahan...

The Walking Man wrote the following post at 04/08/2015 10:18 PM:

Unfortunately Wes won''t play that often in the Premier League, yes he undoubtedly possesses the quality to find that killer ball but he is too one footed and predictable for the Premier League. Great player in the Championship, gets found out in the PL. Also I would argue that he doesn''t score anywhere near enough goals for an attacking midfielder, his stats for his last season in the Premier League where 16 appearances and 1 goal...

Also at 33 he''s not getting any younger. Not that I know much about the Quintero bloke but at 22 and 13 caps for Colombia he doesn''t sound the worst replacement for Hoolahan...

I recon you might see him score a few more this season, from what I''ve seen of him recently he seems much more keen to shoot, as a first reaction, than he has done in the past.

I assume this is a result of what AN has told him and he has been working on in training.

Hoolahan was a revelation last year, under both Adams and Neil.  He has developed significantly over the last couple of years - and his confidence and maturity are at the stage where he is able to produce the best football he has ever done.  At 33 and fit, he is imo a force to be reckoned with this season.  A couple of years ago, I would have said not - too ineffective too often -  but he has kicked on in his career development and under Neil he has become a more consistent and effective player.    When he stepped up to take that penalty against Ipswich, I was genuinely concerned - but the way he tucked that away showed his state of mind and state of purpose.   A key player for me this season.

We were in the Championship last year - something would have been horribly wrong had our supposed PL players not looked good at that level. Wes played a decent role for us, and looked good, but was still not selected for a fair number of games (I think he started 28?). Signing an upgrade should hardly be seen as a bad thing, were we to go down that route.

Bp I agree.

I will add that I am a critic of hoolahan but last season he did prove his worth.

I do hope we look for a replacement as it is a key position if we continue with 1 upfront.

But we knew he''d prove his worth in the championship as he''s a unique player in that league. In the PL however he''s always blown hot and cold throughout the season.

How can Hoolahan have been "a revelation" when we''ve had him for years and are all fully aware of what he can do. The pattern always repeats itself with Wes. New manager comes in, tries to play without him for a bit and then realises we are a much, much better side with him in it than not. And that includes in the premiership where most of our decent runs saw Wes in the team. Indeed I would argue his game is far more suited to the premier league than the championship. Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Wes or that he shouldn''t play much this season has some funny views on football.

Twitter rumours have Quintero as nothing more than Agent speak, trying to force through another deal.

Norwich do seem the ''go to'' club to push through moves in Italy these days - used by Defrel''s people, used by Nagatomo''s people (not that he has actually moved yet) and now seemingly used by Porto - to get Bologna or Cheivo to hurry up.

One day Norwich might actually sign a player from Italy (or one an Italian club is chasing) and that will be the real shock.

we must have some contacts in Italy for these rumours to keep popping up

but you are right it would be nice to one day sign one of these linked players

Don''t think it has anything to do with Norwich really, just the fact they are a Premier League club of the right size.

Not so big it makes other teams feel hope is lost, but still have all the riches associated with the league.

Want a bidding team to up the offer for a player - tell them a cash rich Premier League team are also considering an offer.

Want a club to offer your client more wages - tell them a Premier League team are considering making an offer.

If someone looked I imagine other teams are also getting linked to lots of random players they have no interest are in - we just notice these ones as it is Norwich.