Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

OT - Ashes going Well!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thank god football is starting again and people don''t come on here talking about bloody cricket.

I had thought that this series would be decided at the toss given the flat surfaces so far and forecasts of decent weather for the Summer.

This match so far defies that opinion, although Edgbaston is, by tradition more lively. Claaaaake chose to bat though.

I was glad Fiin was picked, despite rating Wood. The latter needs a series or two against easier opposition to become the finished article, whilst Finn has got big wickets against the Aussies in the past and now has something to prove.

Andy is unplayable in the right conditions, still.

Accumulate a decent first innings lead and the match is ours for the taking.

Our incredibly long batting will see us to a decent lead.

They will then be up against it in their second innings and the match could be over long before this thread is consigned to the desert.

If, weather permitting we keep our heads in the first session tomorrow the shackle draggers could be in big trouble.

A team does not score 136 in their first innings and win. We can get 300 and then let nature take its course. Brilliant day for England today.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I had thought that this series would be decided at the toss given the flat surfaces so far and forecasts of decent weather for the Summer.

This match so far defies that opinion, although Edgbaston is, by tradition more lively. Claaaaake chose to bat though.

I was glad Fiin was picked, despite rating Wood. The latter needs a series or two against easier opposition to become the finished article, whilst Finn has got big wickets against the Aussies in the past and now has something to prove.

Andy is unplayable in the right conditions, still.

Accumulate a decent first innings lead and the match is ours for the taking.[/quote]

Who the hell is Andy?

"Who the hell is Andy?"

Anderson.

Stuart Broad referred to him as such in an interview prior to the last Test.

Andy, Broady, Cooky, Ding Dong? Who cares as long as we win it.

Big days for Bairstow Buttler Stokes and Moeen. One or more needs to score a fifty if we are to get a winning lead. Australia won''t bad as badly the second time and I think we will need a minimum 200 lead to be confident of victory.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Big days for Bairstow Buttler Stokes and Moeen. One or more needs to score a fifty if we are to get a winning lead. Australia won''t bad as badly the second time and I think we will need a minimum 200 lead to be confident of victory.[/quote]

I agree Bor... will be interesting to see how Bairstow gets on and another good tally from Root would be good. Glad to see Bell do well with a half century yesterday.

Yes, not going as good this morning. Would have hoped we batted a little better. We couldn''t cope with Mitchell Johnson and his high bouncers...

Disappointed for Bairstow - hoped he could come in and hold down a middle order spot this time.

If only we had a world class middle order batsman doing nothing at the moment that could come in...

It''s looking like a 150 lead will be a great score at the moment. The bowlers have been very good this morning.

I would certainly take a lead of 150 if we can get there. Lyons is turning the ball on the second day so we do not want to be chasing too many in the last innings.

It might have been Austarlias morning but it was our day yesterday, and it''s our match to lose.
Anything close to 125-150 lead is a big margin in this match

Can''t see this one lasting past tomorrow (Friday). So looks like no cricket to watch this weekend. So I guess I''ll have to go to the Brentford match on Saturday instead...

Plenty to do yet, expect we will end up chasing 130 or so and that''s no gimme in an Ashes battle. Johnson will come out swinging for a few.

Now that was a good days cricket.Anybody who says it''s boring should check out the last two days highlights.

Bit worried about Anderson though.