Sign in to follow this  
e

2 Concerns going into the new season

I only have 2 concerns going into the new season

1) We haven''t strengthened our Centre Backs nor signed an experienced back up keeper. I am worried we will leak to many goals

2) we haven''t signed a proven top class striker that can tackle out Achilles heal last time we were in the prem.

Apart from those 2 issues I think we are good to go

These are my concerns too at this stage. I can''t decide which will be our downfall if any this season. Either we''ll concede too many or not score enough.

Obviously I hope we do fine! Still a long way to go in transfer market and in Alex Neil we trust.

My only concern is that when I turn up next Saturday I find the whole stadium has been moved to the Broadland Growth Triangle.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"]My only concern is that when I turn up next Saturday I find the whole stadium has been moved to the Broadland Growth Triangle.[;)]
[/quote]

Don''t panic, there''ll be a bus that will drop you off outside the new ground.

[quote user="ricardo"]My only concern is that when I turn up next Saturday I find the whole stadium has been moved to the Broadland Growth Triangle.[;)]
[/quote]

Should this turn out to be the case in the future, Ricardo, I would be concerned that your Saturday match report doesn''t show up until Sunday.

AN has made it clear that another keeper coming in is one of his priorities so I''m not particularly concerned about that. As for getting enough goals, I''m convinced that Jerome will do well this season as he is playing in a system that suits him and that will now be improved by the addition of Mulumbu and Brady. At Stoke, he was either shoved out wide or came on as a late sub in games and that accounts for what looks like a low scoring rate. I think he''ll get 10-12 goals. Grabban is also looking sharp and played well as the lone striker against FC Augsberg and he is also a great impact sub to broing on. Hooper is a good option as a third striker.

[quote user="e"]I only have 2 concerns going into the new season

1) We haven''t strengthened our Centre Backs nor signed an experienced back up keeper. I am worried we will leak to many goals[/quote]

True, although I think Wisdom will help. Would still like to see another top class defender; and would be very happy if we spent the 10m rumoured for Van Dijk. Well worth the money.

Backup ''keeper, I just don''t get the point at all. Ruddy is going to play every game he''s fit, that''s 100% nailed on. Rudd is good enough to cover for a handful of games if he gets injured, I think most people would agree with that. The chances of both ''keepers being injured at the same time are extremely tiny...In the event of an injury to one or other of them, why cant we just stick our academy keepers on the bench? a new 3rd keeper would literally do nothing other than bench-warm and waste money on wages.

[quote user="e"]2) we haven''t signed a proven top class striker that can tackle out Achilles heal last time we were in the prem.[/quote]

True, but I''m less worried about this than last time... Jerome looks a much better player than he was last time he was in the PL; we know Hooper can score at that level; Grabban has the potential although i''d say he is our weakest option up front, and RVW is the big wildcard - most people expect him to flop again; but there''s that tiny glimmer of hope that he could prove everyone wrong and be the star signing that he should have been 2 years ago...

Dont get me wrong, I''d love a new player in both of those positions, but I''m not in panic mode if we don''t sign anyone there. Still a month to go until deadline day too, remember...

I agree. Centre Back should be our priority, followed by a proven striker at this level who can play up front on his own, then a back up goalie.

The frontline is my concern. Jerome is a little bit fragile. Hamstring just about hanging together last season, and already taking time out this season with his foot injury. Grabban, Wolf & Hoops just not good enough up front on their own at this level.

AN has said he wants/will bring in a striker - so the only worry there is who it will be.

He has also indicated that he wants to bring in another player other than a striker, this may well be at CB. I too hope it is.

So basically don''t be too concerned until you see the signings and it turns out to be of the same standard that we already have (when in these positions we need a slight upgrade).

We also have to hope that one of these two signings that AN has said doesn''t include the 3rd choice GK that we''re in for...

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We also have to hope that one of these two signings that AN has said doesn''t include the 3rd choice GK that we''re in for...[/quote]An extra CD or striker, yes. Another GK, no!  I think this might prove to be a big error.

[quote user="Canary Legend"]This thread hits the nail on the head proven by today''s performance[/quote]You would say that Waveney, seeing as it''s your thread......Of course, you could have argued with yourself, would have been more convincing. [:S]Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend