Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

City in for Edin Dzeko

My nephew''s wife works in the Manchester City team canteen (it''s more of a gourmet carbohydrate buffet, really) and apparently we''re in for Edin Dzeko on the understanding he is first choice striker and not a part-time squad player.  If City can''t land Sterling from Liverpool then Nathan Redmond will be going the other way as part of the deal, otherwise £12m cash will seal it.
Not overjoyed if true as Redmond will be useful, but Dzeko would be a definite upgrade in terms of leading the line.  In my opinion.  Hopefully we get Dzeko and keep Redmond too.

Meh, overrated, keep Redmond, one for the future!

I would love to think there is even a scintilla of truth in this as I feel Dzeko is greatly underrated. Unfortunately there''s not a chance that he would come to us nor could we afford even half his likely salary at the Etihad.

If this is true (and it sounds like a pretty reliable source, a mole within the club as it were), that''s exactly the sort of marquee signing we need to revive our top flight status.

Wait a moment... Was I the only one laughing at this? Has the Internet turned me into someone that assumes everything is fake? Dzeko is leaving but most likely for AS Roma to team up with Pjanic.

Serious excitement about this in the grit household. Just told my son the news and he actually paused gta 5 to listen.

Let''s just hope that mole in the canteen at man city doesn''t turn out to be a rat in the kitchen.

At first i thought it couldnt happen becuase he''s on 90k per week. But get rid of a few unwanted players on decent salaries such as O''Neil, Turner etc it could definitely happen. How sure is your mate about this?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We are not going to pay someone £90k a week SA[/quote]

Which is why we are never going to be a top 6 premier league side. The club would sooner see us strike a 20mil deal with the genome analysis centre up the n&n, genetically modifying pie pastry for delias than actually invest in a marquee stalwart the club so desperately needs. We''re a joke.

BREAKING: Juventus have agreed a £10.7m fee with Atlético Madrid for striker Mario Mandžukić. [Sky Italia] http://t.co/gzvOGsCHu6

We could afford that easy... This is what annoys me.

What we can''t offer True Grit, is Champions League footy. We may be able to afford the fee, but that''s only half the problem. Enticing someone like Mandzukic isn''t going to happen unless we''re in Europe.

Someone like Dzeko, good player in the reserves of a big club and career faltering, is more realistic (although I think that''s pretty unlikely). Berbatov went to Fulham in similar circumstances, albeit he was a bit older, and they were more established in the Prem (We finished 11th, they finished 12th the season before Berbatov signed for them).

Apparently Man City want Whitts and Hoolahan in a swap deal which will see Zabaleta and Silva move to Carrow Road. This is why Dzeko is interested in possibly coming too. It''s all because City are in deep trouble with UEFA of FFP and also need to boost the number of home grown players.

I don''t know about Dzeko - perhaps we''re closer to signing Dicko?

Here''s a tweet earlier today:

Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9 · 8h8 hours ago

Norwich are close to completing a deal for Wolves striker Nouha Dicko. The deal would cost £4.5million #wwfc #ncfc

OP is a grade A pen*s - the first to jump all over anybody else''s rumours or gossip he comes out with the biggest load of utter boll*cks yet! Even Tom Baker is pi**ing himself laughing - having to sit alongside the text!

True Grit wrote the following post at 18/06/2015 9:51 PM:

BREAKING: Juventus have agreed a £10.7m fee with Atlético Madrid for striker Mario Mandžukić. [Sky Italia] http://t.co/gzvOGsCHu6

We could afford that easy... This is what annoys me.

------------------------------

Surely you can''t be this stupid to not understand why Mandzukic hasn''t signed for Norwich?

If we offered him a marquee contract he would come. Spend money to make money. Buy cheap, pay twice.

CL counts for a bit but cash moves everyhing around us.