Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

No Centre back

Knowing NCFC don''t disclose any dealings and have expressed interest in VVD, do you think there''s any chance we might have struck a deal with Celtic, aggreeing to allow and announce it after Celtic''s qualifiers?

Samwam27 wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 10:25 PM:

Knowing NCFC don''t disclose any dealings and have expressed interest in VVD, do you think there''s any chance we might have struck a deal with Celtic, aggreeing to allow and announce it after Celtic''s qualifiers?

If we have, Southampton don''t appear to have heard about it.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Knowing NCFC don''t disclose any dealings and have expressed interest in VVD, do you think there''s any chance we might have struck a deal with Celtic, aggreeing to allow and announce it after Celtic''s qualifiers?[/quote]

For me that''s unlikely. We''re quiet about unfinished deals. If your theory were to be true we would of announced it already, much like the signing of rvw

I agree with an earlier poster regarding defending as team - made more difficult now with the loss of Mulumbu. We''re now relying on Tettey as the only fit recognised DM - having lost one of AN''s "2 for each position" for a chunk of the season.

This will inevitably put extra pleasure on the defence and it does concern me that two of our back up central defenders are Turner and Bennett. We definitely need an improvement here.

Southampton have made a £7m bid for Celtic''s 24-year-old central defender for Virgil van Dijk, who has also been linked with Arsenal and Manchester United. (Daily Express)

Getting more unlikely by the day. But that said, Southampton have already got Caulker, so whether there''s any truth in this

A number of fans have said we should not go for him with others interested.

Why shouldn''t we have a tussle?

There must have been interest for Collins to go to the press, I hope we are still in this race. Certainly we are looking at options and this has been the most prominent.

Striker and centre half were always the key additions. Let''s hope we highlight why playing for NcFC is a great option.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Knowing NCFC don''t disclose any dealings and have expressed interest in VVD, do you think there''s any chance we might have struck a deal with Celtic, aggreeing to allow and announce it after Celtic''s qualifiers?[/quote]
no. what would happen if he ruptures a cruciate or breaks a leg in a qualifier?
once we buy him he''s ours...B****ks to Celtic

Today is the evidence. Shocking defence. Can''t really blame Brady but Bassong is the only one that warrants a place. At least we have 3 weeks to rectify the problems!

Id this is true, then I am shocked. Im a big fan of Russ Martin, but, he just isnt great at CB, makes far too many mistakes and they are basics which makes it infuriating. I would much rather see him at RB.

Turner and Bassong are too slow for the Prem, and both make alot of mistakes, however, I do feel that Bassong has the experience to get himself out of trouble.

IF these are the players we have for the defence, then I would go for Wisdom, Bennett, Bassong, Brady. But can you leave out the Captain?

I''ve been saying it since we got promoted, if we don''t sign a new centre back we will get relegated, we had the same back four last time we were in the prem and they got ripped apart so what changes from now and then? We need quality at CB and we only have bassong on his day, if he did get injured with the back up we have we will have no chance!

Signs a few CB