Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 1

Hi all its great to be back. cant wait for the footy to get started. my first pick is ARSENAL to beat the hammers

Great to see the PUPs thread up and running again. : )

I''m going for a home win for Partizan Belgrade v. Spartak Subotica.

Partizan are W2 D0 L0 F10 A0 at home and Spartak are W0 D0 L1 F0 A2 away.

Good Luck, Tilly.

As for the Norwich bet ~ I''m sticking with Howson to score any time!

Good Luck, Crabby!

Nutty ~ my tenner will be on it''s way to you over the next few days.

Well now, I was up in Scotland in June and through the Scotch mist I thought I saw Tilly swimming in the Loch. That could be a good omen as it''s my buddy Tilly''s picks this weekend. So I''m suggesting that he returns north of the border with......

Aberdeen          v           Kilkmarnock          Home Win.

For Crabby I''m suggesting both teams to score in a Norwich Win.

Absolute joy to have this thread back - good to see Pups new and old joining in!Before we start the season, a big big huge thanks to Nutty Nigel for continuing looking after this thread, fantastic job as ever. And a massive thanks to our mysterious benefactor for continuing to add a little spice to the bets and encouraging new Pups to be able to have a pick.I''d also like to give a thought to the great man who started all this off - Arrdee, Ray Ducker. For those that didn''t post back then, check out the Remembering Arrdee subforum to see some of his classic stories.There''s also an unsung hero of Rays Funds - Billy Dixon, the original Bookie who funded Rays dream in the first few seasons. Without Billy this would never have taken off, but I''m kinda glad he doesn''t sponsor the thread anymore cos I would have felt guilty taking so much money off such a nice fellow.Billy always came to the Bayer for a drink on presentation night and beat us all at darts. Early doors the form is impossible to predict so my Gravy loving buddy Mr Tilson I''m going to suggest going to Ligue 1 in France for MARSEILLE v Caen - HOME WIN 4/7For Crabby and the match bet - Time of first Norwich Goal 31st min - Half time @ 11/2Good luck all - see some of you in The Nelson after the game I''m sure.Leedscanary

Happy New Season one and all

This week Im going for our beaten playoff finalists Middlesbrough to win away at Preston.

For the Norwich bet I would love Ricky to grab a goal.

Good luck Crabby, Tilly and all, hard always on the first week.

Also thanks to Nutty for keeping this thread going.

Great to be back. Special thanks to the anonymous one. [:)]League One where Colly Who often seem to start well, [:$] entertain basket case Blackpool (I see the poison coming from the club has got into their water now). Colchester v Blackpool.......Home win.

For the Norwich bet I''m going for a City win with Johnson to score.Good luck Tilly and Crabby. [Y]

Welcome back everyone - Not been on the forum all summer so interesting to come back to a slightly different format! Almost forgot to have a look at the thread, just remembered in time.

Karlsruhe should beat Reutlingen in the German Cup

Best of luck all.

Will look to arrange tenner in coming days

Welcome back everyone - Not been on the forum all summer so interesting to come back to a slightly different format! Almost forgot to have a look at the thread, just remembered in time.

Karlsruhe should beat Reutlingen in the German Cup

Best of luck all.

Will look to arrange tenner in coming days

Good afternoon Tilly and Eddie,

You have a new joiner this season!!

I''ll go for Arsenal to beat West Ham.

For the Norwich pick, I''ll go Norwich to win and Cameron Jerome to score.

Eddie I''ll give you some money when I see you next.

I too must add my admiration and thanks to NN for keeping this thread going.

For Mr Tilly I''m going to offer yet another different selection.

Oxford to beat Crawley

And for Crabby I''m going for HT/FT City/Draw @ 15/1

good luck to all.

Plainly Tilly still doesn''t have a wide enough choice, so to the Etala section of the Finnish Kakkonen third tier.Gnistan to win at home aganst Nurmijarven Jalkapalloseura.Gnistin, with a 6-1-1 and 13/4 home record, still have a chance of overtaking Honka for the title.Nurmijarven Jalkapalloseura, with a 2-1-6 and 9/22 away record, are close to being doomed to relegation. Current odds are 1/6.---For the NCFC bet I like the look of Redmond to score anytime, at 5/1.Good luck to all!

Thank you everyone. I am going to have to submit my thoughts in the next hour or two as I have been invited out to a Beer festival tonight, so better do this before , rather than later!
Nutty, how do you want them? Shall I just post them on here or PM you?

Hi folks - as the English leagues seem to be starting before most of Europe this year I''ll stick with the PL and go for Everton to beat Watford at 7/10.

For our game Palace HT Draw FT is 14/1

Buonasera tutti!! Ma che gioia...il ritorno del "Rays Funds", the best thread in town and all selflessly managed by the bravissimo Nutella. Well done he and well done to you all for participating and contributing...

In the spirit of far-flung adventure and derring-do I''m off to one of my favourite places in support of my friend Yuriy, the awesome Kazakhstan..

Away win please for FK Kaspyi Akatau...and camel milk tea and plate of horse meat to you all.

Lashyn Taraz v FK Kaspyi Aktau - away win

In bocca al Lupo to Til, who won fair, square and handsome last time out. Everything looks like a short-odds banker in retrospect.....not so easy in practice...

As for the Norwich bet, that is a little more tricky for Granchio Canarino...quite like Norwich to win the second half, something specific might yield more interesting returns on an unpredictable day, so let''s try...

A penalty to be awarded

Referees are often instructed to lay a marker down early on in the season, England has been lax in the award of penalties compared to Europe, plus a little attention-seeking on the big is fairly common n''est-ce pas?

Parma

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Thank you everyone. I am going to have to submit my thoughts in the next hour or two as I have been invited out to a Beer festival tonight, so better do this before , rather than later!
[/quote]

Post them on here will be fine buddy. I''m out tonight so will put the bets on when I get home.

Fantastic effort from you PUPs. So many different selections!

Welcome CarrowCanary, ClareW and Strawman.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Thank you everyone. I am going to have to submit my thoughts in the next hour or two as I have been invited out to a Beer festival tonight, so better do this before , rather than later!

[/quote]

Post them on here will be fine buddy. I''m out tonight so will put the bets on when I get home. Fantastic effort from you PUPs. So many different selections! Welcome CarrowCanary, ClareW and Strawman.                  

Cheers Nutty.

Thank you for all the help people. Here we go. Please can we have;

£2 on Cameron Jerome to score anytime.

£2 on a Norwich 2-1 win

£2 on H/T Draw F/T NCFC win

£1 on H/T NCFC F/T Draw

£1 on 1-1

£1 on 2-2

£1 on Redmond to score anytime

29 different picks from 38 pickers.

Looks like time to make my selections so as with Kathy''s selection I will take no notice of late comers. [:P]

Back in a few minutes.......

After weeks of nonsense since Wembley , sanity finally returns to the Pink''Un messageboard in the form of the Rays Funds thread.

As mentioned already, huge thanks to Eddie for putting in such an effort to keep this running for so long, and well done to everyone for making the effort to support this great cause.

For my pick, well West Ham may have been resting players during their rather short Europa League campaign but I think they are going to struggle all year. A home win for Arsenal please at 3/10.

For the Norwich bet, I think this has 2-1 written all over it, a view shared by many it seems.

Good luck Tilly and Crabby, and good luck all PUPs.

Not done this before, hope this isn''t too late.....Bristol Rovers to beat Northampton (27/20 @ Bet365)It''s not easy to come straight back up after relegation from League Two, but the Gas had an excellent maiden season in the Conference. They finished 2nd, losing the fewest games (5) and conceding the least number of goals (34), going up via a penalty shootout in the playoff final. They have a real momentum and excellent home form for both the season (17,4,2) and the last 6 games (5,0,1).When Rovers got relegated just over a year ago, Northampton finished just 2 places and 3 points above them. They managed a mid table finish after a new boss arrived in late January and lifted them off the bottom, but their form tailed off in the last quarter. They managed just two draws in their last 6 away games.Bear in mind the fact that the top of the Conference is of a standard that''s comparable to the league above. The Pirates have been rejuvinated while Northampton have been stuck in the mud, and a home win seems a ''safe'' punt. The odds look reasonable given the disparity in form and momentum.

Norwich 2 Palace 1 (10/1 @ Bet365)It''s about time we won an opening fixture. It''s tempting to go for a 1-1 or 0-0 draw as I think Alex Neil won''t want to lose the opener, but I think we might nick this one.

Right eyes down look in Nutty.

Home win for ARSENAL v West Ham. ( Redders Right Foot, Bor, Twidio, GregT and ClareW.)

Home win for EVERTON v Watford.   ( Hissing Sid, Carrowcanary and Splutcho.)

Home win for OXFORD v Crawley.    ( The Great Drinkell.)

Home win for PORTSMOUTH v Dagenham & Redbridge. ( Wazzock )

Away Win for CELTIC at Partick. ( GMF )

Last but by no means least the PUPS current champion [;)] goes for ..........

Home win for ATHLETICO MADRID v UD Las Palmas.

Too late for the Norwich bet but I fancy a draw for what it is worth.

Evening Gents,

Best of luck to all, can I have Bayer Leverkusen please.

Top job Nutty, will bob a tenner over!