Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

A New Stadium at Broadland?

Well now this has put the cat amongst the pigeons.........http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/cost_of_ndr_rockets_by_an_extra_30m_to_more_than_178m_1_4189085The council now have to find another 30 million before work commences in October and BBC Look East tonight were told there is no idea where it is coming from !!Over to you Tom. [;)]

I was loathe to add to this thread but as a couple of you have I may as well. The recent announcement of a shortfall in funding for the NDR pefectly demonstrates why you should not place to much emphasis on the contents of strategy documents and the like, it will be intersting to see whether the scheme passes the HM Treasury value for money test. The feasibility study for the project came in at £10M, we could have had a half decent public transport infrastructure in Norwich for that...........

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"] The feasibility study for the project came in at £10M, we could have had a half decent public transport infrastructure in Norwich for that...........[/quote]

And bright new plastic seats[:D]

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Great idea Ricardo, or maybe I could get Coral to sponsor my new seat.......

With regards to money for the A47 I would imagine £15M of it has been earmarked by NCC for its part of the £30M shortfall in the budget for the NDR.......[/quote]

£300M allocated to and ring-fenced for the A47 by "Call me Dave" a few weeks before the Election !!