Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Norwich City Fans Social Club

Wes Holy Fan - Lets judge the lad  on what he does in his social club role rather than on  pinkun posts that he did years ago as a teenager.

Moving on .....................
We should be able to confirm the names of the players attending the fans forum on Wednesday August 19th very soon, so watch this space, hope you''ve all got the date pencilled in your diaries. 
Clare and myself have been invited to appear onto the Nick Conrad show on August 5th which will give us a chance to tell fans what we''re all about and what events we have planned, so have a listen. Neither of us are used to giving interviews but we''ll do our best to avoid the umms & pauses, get our message across and do our social club proud.
Any questions or ideas for events please contact us via our website www.ncfsc.co.uk  we would love to hear them.
Do remember that any profit from any raffles or competitions we run will go to our chosen charity the CSF a really worthy cause ( for more 
information on what the CSF do please see our website )
Diane ( on behalf of our volunteers )

Yes it''s the Nick Conrad show on Radio Norfolk, he''s a big Norwich City fan so was eager to help us publicise our fans social club.

We''ve also been invited onto the Scrimmage in August by Chris Goreham so hopefully with the help of those two presenters and our friends at Archant, who kindly advertised our launch in the EDP we should reach out to any fans who don''t get online

Well it''s been 2 weeks since I last did an update so thought it time to fill you in on the busy 2 weeks we''ve had. 
Clare and I did the Nick Conrad show on Radio Norfolk last week to speard the word about our new social club
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02xb10l 
Then last night we were invited onto the Scrimmage which was a good laugh though I was naughty and asked Chris if he''d had a bollocking instead of had he been told off, forgot I was on the radio oops
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02xb10l 
Today we released the names of the players who will be attending the fans forum to answer fan''s questions who are Bassong, Martin and Mulumbu  ( subject to change ) and we''re delighted to have legend Darren Eadie host the event for us. 
Full details can be found here on the pinkun -  thank you Pete
http://www.pinkun.com/norwichcity/russell_martin_sebastien_bassong_and_youssouf_mulumbu_to_take_part_in_norwich_city_fans_q_a_session_1_4194414 
and here 
http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-fans-social-club-first-event-2619307.aspx  - thankyou Norwich City. 
So its all going well, our facebook page is thriving, our website has a regular stream of visitors and twitter is working well for us. We tweeted out today re the fans forum and it has already been retweeted by several officials of the club, ncfc main twitter acc ( 260k followers) Simon Thomas (144k followerss) Nick Conrad, Chrissie Jackson, Dan OHagon amongst others, so we''ve had a lot of help to spread the word. 
So just leaves me to say on behalf of the volunteers, please come and support us, its our first event and we''d love to get a good crowd. All our raffle proceeds are going to our chosen charity CSF so its going to a great cause. 
Door open at 6:45pm forum starts ar 7:30pm sharp 
Can''t finish without saying a big thankyou to everyone at ncfc, the help, advice and guidance they have given me in starting this social club has been overwhelming, nothing has been too much trouble and us volunteers wouldn''t have got this far without them
Diane ( hope all the links work )

Thanks Nutty for putting the links up, its hard on Chrome to set everything out properly.

This should be an even better night on the back of yesterday''s win. And with Russell Martin on the panel fresh from scoring. I wonder if he''ll talk us through his goal?!

Shhhhhh ... I''m on the door so if you tell me your Pink Un name I''ll let you in at a PUPs price of £3 for adults and £1 for accompanied under 16s....

Can''t beat that value for an event hosted by Darren Eadie with Russell Martin, Youssouf Mulumbu and Sebastien Bassong* answering your questions and talking about our beloved club!

*I have to put that star there just in case one of the players can''t make it and someone wants to sue me. [:O]

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-fans-social-club-first-event-2619307.aspx

Got some lovely raffle prizes for Wed nights fans forum plus picked up the signed shirt today which is hanging up ready to be presented to it''s new owner. Everyone will get a white free raffle ticket to win the shirt and the other raffle tickets for the prizes are £1 per strip, all profit going to the CSF who do lots of great work for disadvantaged adults and children.

Top of the Terrace - Doors open at 6:45pm, so come early to drink and chat before it starts

Do we have a date? lol

Diane

Don''t forget this event all you guys and gals. It''s been years since current players have been at an open forum and those of you who attended the club roadshows around the county and the old NCISA nights remember how good they were.

I''ll be there with several family so who else is going from here?BTW, which shirt is it, home - away - or the other one?

I ll be there Lapps lol

The shirt is the new home shirt and it''s signed by all the players, its hanging up in my bedroom at the moment but will be with it''s new owner tomorrow night.

Hope lots of you are coming to chat to Darren Eadie and the first team players.

Think there were about 175 at the last players forum so we''re hoping to smash that figure.

[quote user="cityangel"]The shirt is the new home shirt and it''s signed by all the players, its hanging up in my bedroom at the moment[/quote]Did all the players come to your bedroom to sign it? [:O]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]The shirt is the new home shirt and it''s signed by all the players, its hanging up in my bedroom at the moment[/quote]Did all the players come to your bedroom to sign it? [:O][/quote]This reminds me of the Kathy and Grant Holts flip flop story but the thought of all the players in City Angels bedroom comes in the category of too much information.Just maybe they turned up one at a time for about a fortnight. [:D]

No unfortunately the players didn''t all come to my bedroom to sign the shirt lol

Not sure how many people will turn up but if we crash through the 200 barrier we''ll be very happy.

Can''t believe that my dream back at the beginning of the year has turned into reality. Couldn''t have done it without my brilliant team of volunteers, friends & families support and ncfc who have been brilliant with us.

See you all later, come early doors open at 6:45pm.

Gutted I''m not going to be there. Was really keen to meet Sebastien...

Big thanks to the great organisers of this new initiative. Hope the evening goes well.

Really disappointed we wont be there (promised Mrs L a night out) but work stops me getting back in time, will make it a mission to be at the next one, bets wishes to Diane and the rest of the team for getting it up and running, sure it will be a massive success.

Sorry not not be there, but my best wishes to all who will be.  Special congratulations and best wishes to Diane and her volunteers for putting the whole thing together, and I know it will be as successful as she hopes it will be.  OR xx

Just a quick note to say thank you to all you pinkun posters who came to our first fans forum tonight.

We had some great feedback from people attending and there''s loads of feedback on twitter tonight.

Darren Eadie did a great job hosting and the players were great answering questions and having their pictures taken afterwards with anyone who asked.

Lappin got a birthday cake presented to him by one of the players and going by the smile on his face it made his night.

We hope to have pictures and a summary of questions on our website www.ncfsc.co.uk some time over the weekend.

Next event is a quiz night so come and pit your wits against the ncfc management team and a players team, full details to follow in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for your support on here, much appreciated

Diane ( on behalf of the volunteers )

Enjoyed last night, including the bottle of wine I won in the raffle ! Had a chat with Mulumbu outside the ground, came across as very down to earth and happy to talk, probably told me a bit too much, including a player that has phoned him to ask what is it like at Norwich!