Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Norwich City Fans Social Club

Thought it was time to give you an update about our Norwich City Fans Social Club.

If you remember I posted back in Feb about the idea I had and how I had talks with the club who thought it was a great idea and said they would fully support us. After that meeting I advertised for help and  was lucky enough to get a group of 16 enthusiastic volunteer fans from a cross section of ages and backgrounds and together  we’ve all been working hard to get this social club off the ground for you fans.

We have in the past 3 months, had 3 further meeting with the club  and they have been absolutely brilliant with us, they have helped to guide us through the process, they have provided rooms  for all our meetings with free refreshments, they are giving us access to several first team players for our first fans forum plus  providing us with raffle prizes including a big star prize.

They are going to advertise all our events on their website and twitter account and if  that wasnt enough they keep in regular contact with us to check if we need any help.  I just can’t put into words how overwhelmed we have all been with the support they have given us, we just couldn’t have got this far without them.

Think I mentioned in my last post that we have chosen the CSF for our charity to support, one of their representatives came to our last meeting and explained how the charity works and how the money is used. They also showed us a video of what they have achieved the past 12 months and that video brought home to us that our social club, just like the pinkun pups, can make a real difference with the money we can raise for them.

We are also going to forge close links with all the other fans groups both in the UK and abroad and one idea which the club suggested to us was that when some of the overseas  fan groups come to visit for a weekend our social club could host them for an evening which we think is a great idea.

As the name suggests, the club is open to everyone who is a fan of Norwich City Football Club; whether a season ticket holder, member, someone who attends occasionally or a faraway fan who listens via canaries.co.uk in the middle of the night! There’s no official membership list – so there’s no fee to join.

So where are we now, our website, twitter/facebook  will go public at 8pm tonight.

Our first fans forum with first team players will be on the evening of Wednesday August 19th, we have a quiz night lined up for October, another  fans forum pencilled in for the winter with special guests and lots of other ideas for events which we think you’ll enjoy.

What was an idea a few months ago has turned into reality thanks to our wonderful club and loads of other people who have supported us with advice &  encouragement.

So in summary, the Norwich City Fans Social Club has been set up by fans, for fans, with the simple aim of getting the yellow army together for fun activities, we hope that you’ll support our events.

Norwich City Fans Social Club will advertise events on www.canaries.co.uk , on its own website www.ncfsc.co.uk, on twitter @NorwichCityFSC and on facebook so if you want to get involved, have a chat or suggest an event, the club’s volunteer group can be easily reached.

Diane (on behalf of the team of volunteers)

Thanks everyone.

Really pleased with how far we''ve come in such a short time.

Launch has gone well with officials from Norwich City retweeting the launch to thousands of followers and then to see we''d made http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-fans-social-club-launch-2539549.aspx we''re all a bit overwhelmed tbh

Hope to see loads of you at the first fans forum on Wednesday August 19th 7pm

Great stuff Diane/CA, well done, with the club backing your excellent plan I''m sure it can only make for success. I''m aiming to get to the August meeting :).

Great stuff and well done guys on getting this far, if it wasn''t for work commitments I''d love to have been more involved. My only comment would be that the venue of the Fans Forum isn''t made very clear on the website.

But if work permits, I will see you all there

Can any City supporters join or do the board inner circle have to nominate, second and put it to committee to join?

And imoy having fun before we get be tour of shape!

Great stuff and well done to those who put this together,never easy arranging thing like this.

[quote user="Indy"]Can any City supporters join or do the board inner circle have to nominate, second and put it to committee to join?

And imoy having fun before we get be tour of shape
!

Great stuff and well done to those who put this together,never easy arranging thing like this.[/quote]

You''ve done a ''daft thing''.

What a great launch that was, far exceeded our expectations [:D] and didn''t I sleep well last night lol
So an update for you all
Our launch went live on www.canaries.co.uk at 8pm front page - didn''t expect that thanks everyone at ncfc
Our website www.ncfsc.co.uk has had over 330 visitors since 8pm last night
Our twitter account @NorwichCityFSC had got 342 followers including ncfc, pinkun, officials at the club and some of the players
Our facebook has got over 550 likes
Thanks to Pete Raven we got an article on the pinkun online http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/fans_set_up_new_norwich_city_social_club_1_4148713 
and on the EDP http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/fans_set_up_new_norwich_city_social_club_1_4148713
plus we''re in the EDP newspaper today.
Us volunteers are overwhelmed by the support we''ve had from the NCFC, Archant, fans, friends and family, so a big thankyou to everyone.
See you all at the first fans forum with 3 of our first team players on Wednesday August 19th at Carrow Road, doors open at 7pm, event will start promptly at 7:30pm so come early to get a seat and to say hello.
There''s a free raffle ticket for everyone to win a star prize donated by ncfc and there will be other raffle tickets at £1 strip for lots of other prizes, some donated by the club, some donated and some from us.
Look forward to meeting some of you and thanks for all the nice comments on here, us volunteers really do appreciate them.
Diane (on behalf of our brilliant volunteers team )

You must be on cloud nine my little Angel ( see what I did there ? )

710 Facebook Likes in 24 hours is most impressive.

May I add my tuppence worth.  Many congratulations to CA and her band of helpers.  Very well done.[:D]

Its brilliant Tilly, we''ve also now had over 500 visitors to our website and have over 420 followers on twitter, thanks to the ncfc tweeting about us again tonight to their 247k followers.

We''ve all been overwhelmed by how the social club has taken off, I think back to Feb when it was just a dream and now it''s reality.

Big thank you again to all of you who believed in this idea right from the start and had faith in me, I just knew this would work, just didn''t realise how big it would be.

See you all on August 19th lol

Your next step CA is to turn Likes and website visits into bums on seats but I just know it will happen as NCISA forums with players and management was always a room filler. I have an idea for a competition to run for a season to help raise money if you give me a ring  on 07714216616.

Can''t be with you for the first forum as we all need a holiday.

I just wanted to add my best wishes to all concerned and hope to meet you all at the numerous events in the future.

OTBC

700 visitors since Friday night to the website too which is impressive.

As has been said it''s just matter of converting all those great stats to bums on seats but we''re confident that with having had no players forums for ages and with 3 of our first team players coming to answer questions that we''ll get a good turnout. I gather the last few forums have averaged between 150 to 175 ish people, we are confident that fans will support this event and that we''ll exceed that number.

Any ideas/feedback please contact us via the website, we''d love to hear from you, already had some good ideas for events and competitions which we will discuss at our next meeting.