Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

dieumerci mbokani close to signing

Google translation:

Sounded in Malaga in Spain and elsewhere in Europe, Dieumerci Mbokani went for the English league by signing, to 29 years in Norwich City, where he joined his team-mate rd-Congo, Youssouf Mulumbu. The striker rd-Congolese Dieumerci Mbokani has just begun with the formation of Norwich City, newly promoted English Premier League club. Norwich City purchased the contract between the Congolese to 29 years in Dynamo Kiev with a sum of 5.5 million pounds. One is tempted to believe that the Congolese international midfielder and captain of the Leopards, Youssouf Mulumbu played a role in the arrival of Mbokani on the side of England. Indeed, Youssouf Mulumbu -which was late contract with West Bromwich Albion where he played since 2009- has also signed there a few days at this promoted English D1. And Mbokani who once said in the press his desire to play in England has the opportunity to assert his talent as he gradually approach toward the end of his career. The player left from Dynamo Kiev, where he was even dismissed the occupational group following an open conflict with the coach of the Ukrainian club. The sports president of Dynamo tried unsuccessfully to persuade the player to stay in Kiev. But without success. Former striker and AC Belor Mazembe in the country, passed by Standard Liege and Anderlecht in Belgium, France and Monaco in Wolfsburg, Germany wanted to change air, who has played very little at Dynamo Kiev. And the English challenge has always tried. Dieumerci Mbokani was part of the epic Leopards (Captain Youssouf Mulumbu, who played the first game of the group against Zambia before being injured in second day against Cape Verde) in the finals of the African Cup of Nations in 2015 in Guinea. The DRC was awarded the bronze medal and Dieumerci Mbokani escaped with three goals contained in the regular team of CAN 2015 according to experts Canal +. It therefore has a challenge on landing in the English Premier League in order to avoid a flop like in Monaco where he had registered a goal in less than ten appearances and no goals during his time in the Bundesliga (German D1 ).

DEB, how reputable is this link? The term "blogspot" in the web address suggests it is a blog as opposed to an article written by a journalist with a source?

Hot news DEB and sounds full of credibility.

Not over the moon with the idea but, as ever I will convince myself that he is just the man.

Some things stand out:

(1) A dispute with the Kiev manager? Any clues? On the surface that seems a bit dodgy but there are two sides I suppose.

(2) Mulumbu''s influence? Seems creditworthy and would also be a positive.

(3) £5.5m still seems a bit steep considering his age and lack of experience in our game. Sterling or Euros? If it is the latter we could wait a week and get him for a couple of quid.

(4) The President tried to persuade him to stay! A very good sign.

BRING ON MBOKANI.

I initially thought that BYG.

However, there is a lot of insider information given and why should somebody bother?

We will know within the hour.

Insider information is only insider information if it comes from an ''insider'' otherwise it is just words. It''s easy to make stuff up that sounds credible.

As for why someone would bother, I have no idea. Guess it gets him hits on his blog.

Look at the 100s of Twitter accounts that claim to be agents or are ''In The Know''. Someone has gone to the effort of having two accounts recently, both claiming to be In The Know about Norwich and they regularly have weird fake conversations. If someone has time to do that, someone has time to re-write a few newspaper stories claiming Norwich have had an offer accepted.

Why will we know within an hour?

BYG.

I realise all that, but it still seems rather protracted effort if to no particular avail.

However, not using Twitter, I would tend not to know much about fakers.

Why do they bother?

According to the PinkUn "Rumour Mill" we have already had a bid for the player rejected. Kiev are holding out for £5m apparently.

A lot adds up. There is clearly some smoke.

Presumably, if it is true, then it will be speedily released through some other source, if only Sky News.

All these stories are emanating from one original story written in the Belgian press - everything else is a simple rehashing of that. A lot of sites/papers report on what others are reporting - the PinkUn isn''t saying Norwich have had a bid rejected, but they are saying someone else has said that. There is a big and very important difference.

Mbokani has been link to Premier League clubs every season for the last 6 season, obviously with no move actually coming off.

It does appear Norwich are interested in him, but there isn''t any clear indication of how far along they have taken this interest.

I''m not saying the whole blogspot is some fabrication or just a joke/waste of time - but it is an uncredited site where everything is written by one person who appears to be a fan of DR Congo.

Why this site would have a ''scoop'' over writers based in England, Belgium and Ukraine is the question you have to ask yourself.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]All these stories are emanating from one original story written in the Belgian press - everything else is a simple rehashing of that. A lot of sites/papers report on what others are reporting - the PinkUn isn''t saying Norwich have had a bid rejected, but they are saying someone else has said that. There is a big and very important difference.

Mbokani has been link to Premier League clubs every season for the last 6 season, obviously with no move actually coming off.

It does appear Norwich are interested in him, but there isn''t any clear indication of how far along they have taken this interest.

I''m not saying the whole blogspot is some fabrication or just a joke/waste of time - but it is an uncredited site where everything is written by one person who appears to be a fan of DR Congo.

Why this site would have a ''scoop'' over writers based in England, Belgium and Ukraine is the question you have to ask yourself.[/quote]

The only thing I could think of is if they were friends with Mbokani himself or with a family member or Mulumbu or something who has told them their info.

Looks like something might be happening with regards Mbokani - It is being reported that Anderlecht have received outstanding payments on their transfer of the player to Dinamo Kiev:

Anderlecht had more than a few hundred thousand dollars outstanding from Dinamo Kiev for the transfer of Dieumerci Mbokani in 2013. Among other was such payment being postponed by the war in Ukraine, but Roger Vanden Stock reached with Kiev colleague Igor Surkis an agreement the amount will be deposited.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150630_01755357

looks like this transfer could be back on, reports both clubs in talks over fee and mbokani heading to norwich

Ugh, I really hope not.As mentioned on another thread, I think he''s bang average at best (and that was in weaker leagues), has an attitude problem, has no resale value and simply isn''t any better than what we already have.I''d rather play RvW than spend the money on this guy...

This is an extract from Russian papaers;-

The people of Kiev agreed to release 29-year-old national team player DR Congo English club for six million euros, as the head coach Sergei Rebrov does not see it in our team. Although previously white and blue for the striker demanded no less than 12 million euros. It is expected that in the near future Demersi Mbokani come to England for a medical examination and signing a contract.

Mbokani came in the "Dynamo" from "Anderlecht" in 2013, provdya for the club 46 matches in all competitions and scored 19 goals.

I would imagine Mulumbu would give AN a heads up over and above whatever the scouts have said ?

I don''t know enough about him to be able to judge. But to be fair, if that quoted 6 million euro figure is accurate, I''d say that''s shrewd business. Roughly works out to just over £4 million and for that kind of money, what have we got to lose?

Would rather this than someone like Gestede who would have cost at least double that and is just as much, if not more of a risk than Mbokani. We''re never realistically going to have the financial clout just now to bring in a proven Prem Striker which would cost in excess of 10 million at the very least. I think we have good options with Jerome, Grabban, Hopper and RVW already. Throw Mbokani into the mix and I think we''re well set, albeit I wouldn''t be surprised if either of the latter two was moved on. Hope not though.

Hopefully the relatively low fee quoted would also mean that we have good money to put towards a quality centre back. Still wishing for van Dijk . . .

Well, I finally succumbed & watched his goals on YouTube.

The goals looked good. None too sure about the defending though.

Even so, I do feel sure he''d do better than RvW, who''s unfortunately done a Torres.

Defending on youtube goal compilation videos will always look bad. Otherwise it would be a defending compilation video.

Mbokani is a pretty basic striker, get balls in the box to him and he''ll attack them. Something pretty different to the current strikers at Norwich and he''ll certainly add a physical presence to the front of the team. He struggled in France and Germany, but some will argue he was never given much of a chance.

29 is perfect age for a physical striker like him. If he scores goals to keep Norwich in the league then they can start to think about getting ''up and coming'' players - still a season or too early for Norwich to start spending large sums on potential.

A big experienced centre forward who will ruffle a few defenders and has a decent record where ever he had gone just what we want and need. I am very excited about this one

He has played at a lot of different clubs, which could suggest one of two things:

1. He is adaptable to many league and can change his style of play. Or more hopefully

2. He has never found his footing, and the prem with its pace and strength, seems more suited to his natural style.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Ugh, I really hope not.As mentioned on another thread, I think he''s bang average at best (and that was in weaker leagues), has an attitude problem, has no resale value and simply isn''t any better than what we already have.I''d rather play RvW than spend the money on this guy...[/quote]
Completely different player to RvW, who, with his physical attributes will offer far more to the team than RvW ever has or will do.

For £2-3m I think this wouldn''t be a bad investment. For some players 28/29 is the peak of their career and we desperately need some backup in the form of CamJam, I worry that if we suffer with a few injuries we will look very weak up top and he seems exactly the right kind of player to look to.

Looks like he''s definitely in the UK, just hope it is us that he''s heading to for a medical...

I can''t help but think that the signing of Mbokani or any striker for that matter will open the door to the signing of a defender.

Perhaps Van Dijk from Celtic and possibly a player plus cash deal or even a 2 player plus cash deal.

I wouldn''t have thought Celtic would say no to Lafferty and I also wouldn''t have thought they''d say no to RVW or Hooper too.

So possibly Lafferty plus cash for Van Dijk, or even Lafferty plus RVW or Hooper and a bit of cash for Van Dijk?

He works better with through balls and crosses from pace wingers. Hm, seems a perfect fit. West Brom were also looking at him when they got Lukaku - similar player maybe?

I doubt Celtic would touch Lafferty with a bargepole, you only have to look at the history between him and the club to see why.

Celtic would probably love Hooper back, although he is a little older than the players they usually target, but the reality is they could never offer him the kind of wages he is on at Norwich (which is why he left Celtic in the first place) - the same goes for RvW.

I''m guessing there will be a bid of a bidding war for Van Dijk once Celtic qualify for the group stage of the Champions'' League (if they do) - with Everton, Southampton and Sunderland interested I struggle to see Norwich coming out on top.