the binners will no doubt think their vast "millions" will take them up this season.

I bet they spend less than 500''000 this summer.

the fans won''t ask questions though and just swallow it all up as usual..

Mings going for this sort of money is a prime example of whats still wrong with the English game. Pace and physique still valued ahead of skill and footballing ability because in terms of the latter there are plenty of better left backs in the championship. Howe will be taking a punt here on being able to mould him into a decent player as he has the physical attributes.

Bournemouth were due be swallowed alive in the Premier League and this signing will change nothing. They will slip down the throats of the league''s elite like a well-seasoned Whitstable oyster.

Hopefully, us lesser beings will also be party to the feast.

I think that this is a major pity, in a way, as I have always had a soft spot for the Cherries, from the days we virtually raped the club of their best, starting with John Bond and then leading to so many more. That little club, with it''s 12, 000 gates, was almost singularly responsible for providing NCFC with a number of players that graced one of the special times in our "istry."

BUT: They are our rivals now (after all this time) and we have to wish them misfortune.

Besides, that mythical £8 million for Mings the Over-rated is probably dependent upon add-ons in order to come to full fruition. The Portman Road accountants will be hoping for:

Appearances and as many as possible.

International call-ups (??) Not really.

Premier League survival for Bournemouth. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE.

The speedy demise of the Cherries will therefore enhance our own chances and see ITFC fall short.

Only good enough for the Bournemouth bench tonight. 8 Million wasted!

Hoping for a big Liverpool win against one of our relegation rivals.

Let''s remember this type of thing can happen in football - anyone remember when we signed John O''Neill from QPR?

Crocked on his Norwich debut vs Wimbledon by a John Fashunu tackle. It finished his career - and according to Wiki he settled for £70k compensation (is that all?).

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]It looks serious.[/quote]Bad luck for Mings but Bournemouth have just learned an expensive lesson. No doubt he will have been insured but just imagine signing somebody without a medical and being unable to insure him.Yes, I do mean Austin.

What expensive lesson have Bournemouth learned? Bad & career ending injuries can happen to any player at any time. I wouldn''t have thought that that would come as a surprise to anyone?

It has happened to us before. I''m sure you''re old enough to remember poor John O''Neill.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]What expensive lesson have Bournemouth learned? Bad & career ending injuries can happen to any player at any time. I wouldn''t have thought that that would come as a surprise to anyone?

It has happened to us before. I''m sure you''re old enough to remember poor John O''Neill.[/quote]I''m old enough to remember Sammy Chung.

@ Ricardo

Austin hasn''t played less than 31 games per season in the last 5 years. Hasn''t scored below 16 goals per season in the same timeframe either.

Just sayin''.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]@ Ricardo

Austin hasn''t played less than 31 games per season in the last 5 years. Hasn''t scored below 16 goals per season in the same timeframe either.

Just sayin''.[/quote]I don''t think he''s questioning his goal scoring.He''s questioning his ability to pass a medical, and the financial implications of that if he were to get injured."Just sayin''"

Calculated risk, as is buying any expensive player. Unfortunately it''s the lack of ambition that shows itself as aversion to any risk that will lead us to the relegation zone this season unless someone spends what needs to be spent and buys us a proven PL goalscorer. Austin is available and he''s proven in the PL, he''s what we need.

What are your calculations based on that AN and the board don''t know ? What is known however is that this proven goalscore did not keep QPR out of the relegation zone or relegation either. Perhaps I will trust their judgement, lack of ambition or not, rather than yours.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]No matter how bad his knee is, someone will insure him, even if it is an inflated premium.

Apparently West Ham had to pay a lot to insure Demba Ba when they signed him because he''d just failed a medical at Stoke due to an iffy knee.[/quote]

At the quoted price plus wages, Austin is entirely out of the question for NCFC.

Then the calculation might be that the cost including the insurance does not equate to the possibility of Austen scoring. Remember when Wigan signed Holt ? Another proven goalscore. What has happened to either of them ?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]No matter how bad his knee is, someone will insure him, even if it is an inflated premium.

Apparently West Ham had to pay a lot to insure Demba Ba when they signed him because he''d just failed a medical at Stoke due to an iffy knee.[/quote]

At the quoted price plus wages, Austin is entirely out of the question for NCFC.[/quote]

Oh, I agree with that. I''m just disagreeing with the posters who think no insurers will touch him.

I expect the pundits will have their hankies at hand on MOTD tonight screaming about the injustice poured upon the latest media darlings with this injury and will be campaigning for Bournemouth to be given an extra week to sign cover for Mings.

[quote user="PC.plod"]til2010 picked Ipswich to win ..oh dear[/quote]You have already been told to keep your nose off the PUPs thread unless you have a contribution to make and trolling me around the messageboard i think shows how sad you are so i politely suggest you do one.

Crikey Ricardo, Sammy Chung pre-dates the ''59 cup run!

Did he suffer an injury or were you just highlighting how old you were?

BTW was Sammy a nickname, as his first name was Cyril?