Speaking following the play-off semi-final defeat to Norwich,

McCarthy – who signed the athletic Mings for just £10k from non-league

club Chippenham Town in 2012 – said: “I had a discussion with (owner)

Marcus (Evans) about the players that might be targets.

“So I’ve said to Bish and Ty – ‘you are staying here’. I

want to progress. I don’t want to sell, however much money is offered. I

don’t want to lose our best players. I want young, fit and vibrant

players to take us forward.”

Managing director Ian Milne told this newspaper earlier this month:

“Marcus has obviously said that if money is needed then it will be

available. Marcus and Mick have already come out and said that nobody is

for sale and we want to keep the squad together.

http://www.sudburymercury.co.uk/sport/bookmaker_slashes_odds_of_tyrone_mings_joining_bournemouth_to_1_6_1_4125633

Just lol. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Speaking following the play-off semi-final defeat to Norwich,

McCarthy – who signed the athletic Mings for just £10k from non-league

club Chippenham Town in 2012 – said: “I had a discussion with (owner)

Marcus (Evans) about the players that might be targets.

“So I’ve said to Bish and Ty – ‘you are staying here’. I

want to progress. I don’t want to sell, however much money is offered. I

don’t want to lose our best players. I want young, fit and vibrant

players to take us forward.”

Managing director Ian Milne told this newspaper earlier this month:

“Marcus has obviously said that if money is needed then it will be

available. Marcus and Mick have already come out and said that nobody is

for sale and we want to keep the squad together.

http://www.sudburymercury.co.uk/sport/bookmaker_slashes_odds_of_tyrone_mings_joining_bournemouth_to_1_6_1_4125633

Just lol. [:D]

[/quote]I actually feel sorry for MM, he''s a good guy. He must be getting to the end of his tether with this soon. The penny must be dropping sometime soon that he ain''t ever going to be truly given the means to get promoted.

£10k to £8m is an astounding bit of business for them, can''t help thinking that The Cherries have really over paid for him. Will be interesting to see MM reaction to this and if the money becomes available to the manager which I''m very much doubt!

It seems also that Brett Pitman and Ryan Fraser are going in the opposite direction, not sure if that''s included in the £8m or as an addition? If the latter then their chairman has obviously had one too many Russian Standard vodkas!

Given the riches attached to PL status it is inevitable that both valuation and wage demands will increase. Let''s not forget there is a step change in broadcasting income and parachute payments in 16/17 should Bournemouth avoid relegation.

Should just about cover the High Court Case and the season''s fuel for ME''s private jet.

I''m not quite in agreement with having sympathy for Mick McCarthy. He was reportedly paid £1m to keep them up when he took over and I''ll bet he gets a decent wedge for staying on.

He has actually seemed quite content to shop in the bargain basement as it has put him under little pressure. He only has to pass wind down there and they all gasp in mutual adoration.

Perversely enough, this season probably does see him under a lot more pressure, as expectations are unrealistically high in Binland.

Mings is not worth half that, IMO. His one season in the real game has shown him to be somewhat naive in his defensive decisions, to say the least.

I wouldn''t put too much on that £8m figure though as the exact wording quotes a deal amounting to that sum. There is some part-exchanging going on of Bournemouth nearly-men and there must also be unprecedented add-ons.

It is a better deal for ITFC than the Cherries though, as I see it. I am not really sure that Mings is the right player to fit in defensively in a team that will be under constant pressure next season. His inexperience might cost dearly.

Howe has been somewhat naive in this dealing, IMO, and I would hope that Alex Neil splashes the new-found cash more sensibly.

Can''t help but feel Bournemouth have just spent a lot of money on a fairly average player. Yes he''s English and yes he is young but even if I take off my yellow and green tinted glasses, being the best player for Ipswich last season is nothing special.

£8m is a lot of money, their budget will soon dissolve if they keep spending £8m on players of Mings'' ability and the wages Sylvain Distin must be on too.

One thing I must say is having dealt with Tyrone Mings on a personal level through my work, I can say he is a thoroughly decent young chap as a person (I feel I can compliment him now he''s not an Ipswich player).

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Should just about cover the High Court Case and the season''s fuel for ME''s private jet.

I''m not quite in agreement with having sympathy for Mick McCarthy. He was reportedly paid £1m to keep them up when he took over and I''ll bet he gets a decent wedge for staying on.

He has actually seemed quite content to shop in the bargain basement as it has put him under little pressure. He only has to pass wind down there and they all gasp in mutual adoration.

Perversely enough, this season probably does see him under a lot more pressure, as expectations are unrealistically high in Binland.

Mings is not worth half that, IMO. His one season in the real game has shown him to be somewhat naive in his defensive decisions, to say the least.

I wouldn''t put too much on that £8m figure though as the exact wording quotes a deal amounting to that sum. There is some part-exchanging going on of Bournemouth nearly-men and there must also be unprecedented add-ons.

It is a better deal for ITFC than the Cherries though, as I see it. I am not really sure that Mings is the right player to fit in defensively in a team that will be under constant pressure next season. His inexperience might cost dearly.

Howe has been somewhat naive in this dealing, IMO, and I would hope that Alex Neil splashes the new-found cash more sensibly.[/quote]Quite. I would assume the £8m includes some hefty add-ons, such as for appearances, international call-ups, and particularly Premier League survival. If Mings can help Bournemouth can stay up then they will benefit from the mega-mega TV deal that starts in the 2016-17 season. In that case what looks like over-paying would be justified.

It''s going to be pretty funny when they see none of that money in terms of transfers

Can''t see any way he fits into the Bournemouth style. He''s just a very big lad, who likes to belt the ball up the other end.Reckon this will be as good a transfer (and about the same money) as RVW.

A good deal for 1p5wich if the figures are correct.I certainly wouldn''t be happy if it was us paying that kind of money for him.

From Parma thread:

Purple,

Don''t know if you read the "Mings" thread, but the figure being quoted is £8m.

This figure is comprised (apparently) of x cash and two Bournemouth players going in the other direction.

In Italy, there had been a hugely prevalent culture of part ownership of players.

My point to you is this:

Given the above statements, what is the value of the players in question? How might the numbers be accounted for? Who might benefit from an accord between parties on the above..?

Let''s lead the witness a little... In the case of Mings, the only real issue is the net amount handed over to Ipswich by Bournemouth. If this is agreed at (say) £2m, then the accounted figures could basically be £68m for Pitman/ a.n.other and £70m for Mings.

On such valuations can Italian players (asset) valuations be made...e non solo l''Italia...

Parma

They are so deluded it''s unreal, someone has rightly asked the question if MM will see any of this money, or like what happened with the Cresswell deal, he gets nothing. Apparently the money has gone on wages and they are paying a few of their players handsomely, a quick look at the wage bill for last season (after they had signed Murphy, McGoldrick etc) and they spent 15m a season on wages, that gave them the 15th highest wage bill in the championship behind such heavy weights as Bristol City and Burnley.Looking at the signings they made the season just gone, I can''t imagine any of them being on high wages yet they released Carlos Edwards who was probably on a bit, so their wage bill is probably very simlar to 15m.I reckon they''ll spend about 300k at most this window and fill the squad up with loans (sound familiar with a certain club under Roeder?) and Marcus Evans will be out looking for a new yacht to buy. Poor binners in every sense of the word.

My god, £8million?!!!

After seeing Mings this season, I would say his best position would be at CB and he''d perform a bit like Leon Barnett, a bit of pace and reasonable tackling and decent heading but you really don''t want him to be playing the ball about too much.

When people say they see potential in a young player, I always hope there is some technical ability there. I struggled to see that in Mings.

Not worth the £8million whatever form it comes in. Ofcourse I always wonder about player plus cash deals in the papers. Who is valuing the players for starters?

Pitman and Fraser are excellent players to get in return. Saw Ryan Fraser a couple of times last year and he seems to have a bit about him, really good on the ball and quick. Pitman is a decent Murphy replacement who looks to be off.

Still I can''t see them near the playoffs next year.