Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Cardiff doing GOOD business ?

Kevin Cooper, Darren Purse, Jason Koumas and old Phil Mulryne.

I thought they were skint !

Phil aside, they are more ambitious signings than Worthy has made this year.

Thoughts on Worthington on what has bought in ?

Hmm I think you''re only looking at one side of the equation Cheeky Monkey

Earlier on this summer they sold or got rid of Gabidon, Collins, McAnuff, Thorne and a few others besides.

As to the players Worthy has brought in for us I think they are solid players for this division and that a couple of them may have a chance of making it in the Prem should we get back there. 

i cant see a midfield partership of mullers and koumas winning too many challanges!

[quote]Kevin Cooper, Darren Purse, Jason Koumas and old Phil Mulryne. I thought they were skint ! Phil aside, they are more ambitious signings than Worthy has made this year. Thoughts on Worthington on wh...[/quote]

I am sure there are many pub, club and fast-food owners in Cardiff salivating at the prospect of having Koumas & Mullers living in the area.

I''m with Cheeky Monkey- I thought Cooper gave us just that extra bit of bite on the run in during the season before last and he would have been an ideal man to have slotted in at right wing (a good shot and excellent crosser as well). Shame we didn''t go for him, or if we did, that we didn''t get him.

If Mullers couldn''t get fit for us in the Prem I wonder what''ll happen to him in the depths of Cardiff.

That has always been one of my biggest wonders where worthy was concerned and that is why he did not go for Cooper.  When you think of some of the dross we have had here over the last few years and the fans singing ''sign him up'' at the medal presentations outside city hall have always wondered why it never happened.  Surely Worthy could see how good he was as well as the supporters.

[quote]That has always been one of my biggest wonders where worthy was concerned and that is why he did not go for Cooper. When you think of some of the dross we have had here over the last few years and th...[/quote]

Yeah but it is what goes on behind the scenes that prob counted against cooper joining us ???

like the trasfer fee wolves would of wanted etc ??? I don''t how much much cardiff got him for ? was it a free? but it is well over a season since he played for us

I really don''t see the big deal. The only thing Purse did more successfully than our defence last season was get booked! Thats why he didn''t play the last chunk of the season. They have also got a lot of players to reduce their wages to be able to afford his - a bit of a risk.

Kevin Cooper is a LEFT footed player and was played on the right wing because we were weak there two seasons ago. He was 29-30 then and certainly isn''t what this club needs right now. Also if he is that great why has he spent most of the last two seasons going in and out of the Wolves 1st team.

Koumas might be a good aquisition if they can find the right weight of boot to kick him up the a*#e with! But I don''t think that he is the type of player for Worthington to sign with that sort of attitude problem. Also they have first offer on £2million for him!!! £2 million - I hope West Brom are not serious, his price is likely to bomb now he is on loan to the championship.

And as of yet they have not signed Mulryne.

Coops is apparently 30 now, and I believe we did make enquiries about a long-term deal after his loan, but Wolves wanted to hang on to him after their relegation.

Worthy is trying to build himself a young/experienced squad right now.  Coops would only have been a squad player (if we are lucky with Marney), and considering he was quoted thus, when he put in his transfer request:

"I''ve felt frustrated by the lack of first-team chances and, at my age, I need to be playing regularly in the first team," he told the club website.

"It''s no good to me to be playing in fits and starts."

I don''t think being a squad player is what he was after...

May also have been a bit expensive as back-up...

They look like they are putting together a decent side , Koumas if they get his head straight is the best midfielder in this division  hence the £2million pound fee ,probably better than our best Francis and we wont even have him soon.

[quote]They look like they are putting together a decent side , Koumas if they get his head straight is the best midfielder in this division hence the £2million pound fee ,probably better than our best Fran...[/quote]

Koumas is not really a player francis though is he ? I thought he was more of a play maker ? must admit would of been good to see him at Norwich but then again we have safri

i wonder why we let stuart go still ???