Sign in to follow this  
Browno

New Floodlights

Any body spot them on Tues night? Will they be taking down the old ones does any body know?

Were those the new "spotlight" type lights along the top of the Barclay/N&P?

I too noticed them and thought they were new - assumed just an addition to the current lights though, rather than a replacement.

[quote user="Jim Moriarty"]Were those the new "spotlight" type lights along the top of the Barclay/N&P?

I too noticed them and thought they were new - assumed just an addition to the current lights though, rather than a replacement.[/quote]

The new lights have in-built filters fitted, to cut down the risk of migraines to supporters when the team play with the third kit......

It''s an addition and not a replacement. quite cool too

What a waste of money when everyone knows we''re moving to Broadland park..............or the UEA......or the showground.[H]

I''m pretty sure that there are new lights on the front edge of all the stands but only the N&P and Barclay lights were on. We did in ancient days have lights like that on the front of the old south stand.

Could it be something to do with the goal-line technology. Has that been installed yet?

The new floodlights are a requirement of Sky, they are to increase the light levels to cater for the Super Slow Mo cameras.

The goal line technology cameras are separate, and not owned by the club. These are re installed from relegated clubs. I think you will find that the cameras we had last time in the prem are coming back to us! Leave it to you to guess which club had them last year ....

The floodlights looked amazing and I felt they added a different light to the game and made the pitch glow more compared to having just the traditional 4 floodlights - so a good investment, even if compulsory.

For what it''s worth I kept thinking the sun was in my eyes. I was hoping that it was just because I was 4 rows back from my normal seat but obviously not. I''ll have to bring my sunglasses for the next evening game!

What make of light bulbs do they have in them?

All the floodlights are new, fas I was delivering near ground when I see workers taking old lights down.

Did you manage to get one of the old ones as a souvenir

I keep all my pie wrappers as a souvenir of every game but a spot light that would be fabulous

They''re great unless you sit quite high up - at the back of the jarrold for the cup game and was getting blinded every time my eyes met the River End as they''re right on your eyeline.

They make the pitch look fantastic though!

Was it me but was it even brighter Wednesday. The lights in the Coral Stand dazzle you in the Snakepit!

Interesting as nobody was sat in the snakepit on Weds !

The lights have been installed as PL regulations agreed with sky.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]"Was it me but was it even brighter Wednesday. The lights in the Coral Stand dazzle you in the Snakepit!"

That comment was made by rusty boy[/quote]

Though somebody would bite LC, only a bit of Friday banter. I must admit though it was a bit empty in the Snakepit Wednesday. I guess they will return if we beat Everton and get Man Who at home in the next round! (still Friday!)

They are actually a requirement of the Premier League now to facilitate new 4K super HD broadcasting. Additional bulbs have been added to the 4 floodlight pillars and the a number under the roofs which focus on the goalmouths.

I have read that BT are going to start broadcasting in 4k, are Sky too?

Hope so, had my 4k telly a year now and broadcasters seem to have been slow on the uptake.

I''m not sure regarding Sky and 4K - as far as I''m aware there''s no plans at current. Can''t blame them, most home kits or pubs won''t have 4K TV''s in place.

Bit like the fad of games being broadcast in 3D. Do they even still do that anymore?

On the subject of floodlights, wouldn''t it be a wise investment to install a set of those ''modern'' light and replace the ones on stanchions ? It would remove a lot of seats that say restricted view   

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]On the subject of floodlights, wouldn''t it be a wise investment to install a set of those ''modern'' light and replace the ones on stanchions ? It would remove a lot of seats that say restricted view    [/quote]I am not an expert, but are not those stanchions helping to keep the roofs up?

Part of the EU ruling regarding refugees, ring in on a premium rate number to win a prize for spotting the genuine one.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]On the subject of floodlights, wouldn''t it be a wise investment to install a set of those ''modern'' light and replace the ones on stanchions ? It would remove a lot of seats that say restricted view    [/quote]I am not an expert, but are not those stanchions helping to keep the roofs up?[/quote]

Yes, I believe they are structurally integral.