Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Football matches an easy target?

Our meddling in the Middle East for primarily our own motives rather than a moralistic crusade has led us to where we are now.

But we have to make the best of where we are and I would like to take this oppertunity to applaud all our security services for the fantastic job they do. There are so many plots and near misses that we will never hear about thanks to their diligent work.

I don''t imagine the Carra would ever be a target but I if I am honest when I go to old Trafford or the Big London grounds it does cross my mind.

I suppose the most safe ground in the UK is portman road with its wide open spaces in the stands no one would bother

Whatever the rights or wrongs of our previous foreign policy the situation is what it is , as far as i am concerned fight fire with fire, no warrants, no arrests, no trials no martyrdom, just take suspects  out on the quiet a bit of water boarding and then into the acid bath. If anyone raises the question as to where there radicalised mates have disapeared to just use the explanation that they must have joined the cause in syria! Let them do the worrying.  This is much more preferable to wondering whether you are safe at a football match ! OTBC

How much time, effort, organisation and money did the Boston marathon bombing take? Less than "lots", I would bet.

That''s because you''re a d#ckhead. The guys that did it were on watch lists. Getting enough stuff to make effective explosives when you''re on a watch list is no easy thing. They practice so as ro be comfortable and not look suspicious. They were part of a network, not some rogues. It worked perfectly. This was no fluke. It was a result of the aforementioned time, effort, organisation and money. Add to that planning.

If it was as spur of the moment and easy as you think, it would''ve happened a bunch of times already. The secret police make the terrorists'' goals very difficult to achieve.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]How much time, effort, organisation and money did the Boston marathon bombing take? Less than "lots", I would bet.

That''s because you''re a d#ckhead. The guys that did it were on watch lists. Getting enough stuff to make effective explosives when you''re on a watch list is no easy thing. They practice so as ro be comfortable and not look suspicious. They were part of a network, not some rogues. It worked perfectly. This was no fluke. It was a result of the aforementioned time, effort, organisation and money. Add to that planning.

If it was as spur of the moment and easy as you think, it would''ve happened a bunch of times already. The secret police make the terrorists'' goals very difficult to achieve.[/quote]
Thanks for the honest feedback as always, you redneck a-hole.
I never said any attack would be spur of the moment or easy; I credit our enemies with some intelligence, some organisation, and a whole load of cold bloodedness.
Anyway, not to dispute your points made above, but this account of key evidence from the Boston Globe shows they acted more or less alone and purchased the equipment themselves, other than some initial dealings with a drug dealer, and the scheme took 3 months to put together.
Do you have any evidence to the contrary, or are you just spouting off without letting the facts get in the way again?

Your weak rebuttal pretty much reinforces my original comment which in turn refutes your stupid reply to it. Shouldn''t you be raking or hoeing or doing some sort of rural landless peasant work this time of year? Or have you rented a little metal trailer so you can have your cuppa at a holiday campsite instead of in your smelly old armchair you inherited from dear old dad?

Your op is trash, your responses to criticisms are trash, you''re trash.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Your weak rebuttal pretty much reinforces my original comment which in turn refutes your stupid reply to it. Shouldn''t you be raking or hoeing or doing some sort of rural landless peasant work this time of year? Or have you rented a little metal trailer so you can have your cuppa at a holiday campsite instead of in your smelly old armchair you inherited from dear old dad?

Your op is trash, your responses to criticisms are trash, you''re trash.[/quote]
Yeah, my weak rebuttal which included evidence about the Boston attack as opposed to your latest brainfarts.  I''d ask again for evidence to back up your claims but you would only ignore it again.
I wouldn''t bring up trailers considering your heritage.
Go back to playing with your firearm,

It''s a moot point and certainly one that''s crossed my mind.

A large group of infidels in a confined space must hold a certain amount of attraction for an ''Islamic Wrongun''

The bumping off of Alexander Litvinenko involved tiny traces of Polonium 210 being found in the Emirates Stadium, the eagle eyed will also be well aware this stuff can be rather bad for your health and certainly small enough to sneak past security.

So yes, it''s crossed my mind that it''d only take one or two deranged minds to cause an immense amount of damage and harm and may unfortunately be something that does raise its ugly head somewhere in Europe.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Too much aggression on this thread.............Cool it.

[/quote]
I''m sure Pete would welcome a hand with moderating this site, LDC.  You should apply for the post.
The thing is, as long as our redneck friend insists on posting sh*te backed up with no evidence, I will challenge him.  If he insists on making it personal, I will make it personal too.  All our friend has to do is stop being aggressive with me and I will stop being aggressive with him.  I am just here to talk about football and all I want to do is be treated the same as any other poster here.  However, some people see my name on a post and instantly attack me, rather than the points I am making. When people do that, I will attack them back.  If people think they can belittle me or push me about then they are wrong and I will continue to argue with them and stand up for myself.
If you are here to talk about football and respect the opinions of others, fine.  If you are not and want to troll me then that''s fine too but I will give as good as I get.
Do you know what I mean?

I''ve always said this, I''ve never ever been searched going in to Carrow Road and only a handful of times been searched going to an away game, didn''t even get searched at Wembley for the playoff final. The Premier League would be a huge target as it has the biggest worldwide audience out of any sports. I vaguely remember a plot being quashed a few years back where a bomb was going to go off during a United vs Liverpool match live on Sky. And in terms of the issue at hand, mass immigration hasn''t helped, towns and city''s have now been taken over and have no go areas for white British people, you ever visited Luton? Islam is a medieval ideology which has no place in Western society, Isis only follow what the Q''aran say''s to the word. No doubt I''ll be called an Islamaphobe now, which is also a significant part of the problem, this country has been ruined by the political correctness brigade so when people state facts they get called racist, sexist, islamaphobe etc. The story today of the guy walking past Big Ben wrapped in an Isis flag with his daughter on his shoulder waving an Isis flag, he got stopped by the police and they let him carry on his merry way as he wasn''t breaking any laws..... that''s absolutely shocking, see how far you''d get walking round with a Nazi flag or a flag with a picture of the Prophet Muhammed, you''d make about 5 steps before getting arrested, police are scared of being called racist, hence the rape of young girls in Rotheram and many other towns, it''s sick!!! Rant over :)

I''m confused as to what I''ve said that''s factually incorrect and makes me a narrow minded bigot. Perhaps I just don''t have my head buried in the sand?

I''m EDL because I''m anti terror? Or we could just pretend that there isn''t a problem for the fear of being called names....

"Isis only follow what the Q''aran say''s to the word."A small point to your rant Ellis. Isis follow an interpretation of the Q''aran, and use parts of it to back up their fecked up ideology. Very similar to the Christians that use a small part of the bible to back up their hatred of homosexuals, but ignore the parts that contradict their views.

[quote user="Herman "]"Isis only follow what the Q''aran say''s to the word."A small point to your rant Ellis. Isis follow an interpretation of the Q''aran, and use parts of it to back up their fecked up ideology. Very similar to the Christians that use a small part of the bible to back up their hatred of homosexuals, but ignore the parts that contradict their views.[/quote]Oh absolutely, totally agree, the Q''aran (like the bible) is a brutal and graphic book, the attrocities that are happening in the middle east and now in Europe are the nutters who follow it to the word. The majority of Muslims obviously wouldn''t dream of cutting off someones head or cutting off various bodyparts. I have absolutely no issue with any race, any religion, people live their lives how they want to live them as long as it doesn''t affect me.Just hate all the tip-toeing around when it''s obvious there is a serious serious problem and it''s within the religion of Islam, if anybody say''s there isn''t then they are a fool.

Bore, morons like you act innocent but conveniently forget starting the personal attacks and then claim defense.

I live in and own a 2,050 square foot house. Americans don''t holiday in cheap trailers. What are you talking about "where he comes from "? You live in small time backwater Norfolk. It''s charming and pleasant, but it''s nowhere near as cosmopolitan as Texas.

The Boston Globe is a left wing rag that thrives on undermining people''s confidence in the war on terror so whatever your article says (I don''t read the crap you add to your comments) about the bombing is likely irrelevant.

I don''t waste my time looking up specific sources. But everything I''ve said on this comes from credible reports.

You seem to think committing an act of terrorism is quite simple, but unless you''re insane, it''s not. There is massive police presence at games. They are trained observers. Something you won''t give a 2nd thought to has them sending alerts. If it''s a drop and go bombing, they will likely be on it before the guy gets close to the stadium, and an abandoned backpack would have them sealing off the area immediately. If it''s a suicide bombing, harder to stop once it''s in motion but because of all the other factors you choose to pretend dont exist (while admitting it took 3 months to set up plus involved others) it''s still extremely likely never to get very far.

Does your trailer perk holiday camp have easy access to the beach so you can paddle in the frigid water pretending it''s not cold?

Never give into terrorism, it really got to me when I heard that a couple that were in a hotel 1/2 of a mile down from Tunisia''s attack came home early, from a two week holiday, after only 2 days, when it was clear that security would be much improved after what happened. By the way look out for Liverpool - they used to have the SAS (Suarez & Sturridge) strike force,  now they have ISIS. (Ibe, Sturridge, Ings, Sterling)

Herman ". your ire should be aimed at the idiots whose inept foreign policy decisions over the decades have lead us into the current situation."

Here here, nearly 4 million people can see how British society is being degraded by a certain "faith" group who cry victim victim victim, whilst quietly condoning these heinous acts around the world, abusing THOUSANDS of young girls in the very same country they or their families wished to enter for their own safety after managing to travel through numerous other safe countries to get here. Our own police force held back over 100 more allegations till after the election no doubt agreed with call me Dave as his immigration are even WORSE than the very worst years under labour (something I didnt think would be possible).

Even after his "if I dont get immigration under control then dont vote us back in" speech, bedroom tax, about to hammer the working people on tax credits (they didnt say it before hand but had ring fenced everything else just about) and now to top it all off hes found an even more cowardly way to save some pennies by scrapping Disability Living Allowance as well, the lifeline for the very very most needy in society. While he dishes out benefits,houses,healthcare and free schooling to people who dont even wish to integrate. The good news is that Teresa Mays sent a 9ft fence to calais to keep the immigrants and isis fighters out, 9ft high, 2miles long........that''ll make them turn straight around and walk home wont it. Overall the government both present and previous have caused this mess but so do the MILLIONS and MILLIONS who keep voting them back in for more of the same.

Great post.

I''m all for immigration but it has to be the right sort which is beneficial to our country and to people who want to integrate within our communities and embrace our way of life, like the Jew''s have and the Sikhs etc.