Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Football matches an easy target?

So which God is yours? Why are there multiple religions with multiple gods, does that mean your God is not real or is he playing games with your belief? Who told you to believe in God? Was it free will or was you born into religion?

My life is full of people and life no voids, just lots of life!

There''s no void because I don''t believe it in the first place

And believing in religion and stupidity are mutually exclusive to me. You believe in something there is no evidence for.

At least a child has the excuse that it''s naive and doesn''t have all the facts when it believes in Father Christmas

When you get all the way to 2015 and you are STILL believing in a concept as ridiculous as "God" then the only explanation is stupidity.

I''m genuinely interested as one side of my family were very religious but I was left from an early age to make my own choices.....I have very long conversations with my dad on this very subject and not once as much as I love and respect my dad could he answer my questions. Can you?

I ask my wife theses questions regularly.

Who is god, who informed her about god.

She is Jewish, I am agnostic(ish)...

I have experienced a lot of religion and still don''t buy it.

My annoyance with the jewish religion is that you cant really choose to be it. You have to be born it. This isn''t the case with all religions is it?

(ps - first match at Carrow road with the Missus: Someone behind us shouted f off ref you must be a f**ing Jew! - Welcome to Norfolk I said

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I just find it ironic and funny that it''s the atheists that are the judgemental ones[/quote][Y]If they can prove that there is no God, then I will prove that there is a God.

There are not enough Police to stop some guy and his child waving Islamic State flags next to The Houses of Parliament. So football matches have no chance...

I didn''t say Im religious. Your superior intellect assumed as much. ALL I''m saying is that it is very stupid to claim everyone who believes in God or gods is stupid.

Your dad and half your family are stupid in your eyes.

It''s no easy thing to successfully commit acts of terrorism at stadiums that have layers of security to penetrate.

There are not enough Police to stop some guy and his child waving Islamic State flags next to The Houses of Parliament. So football matches have no chance..

Is it against English law to voice support for ISIS? I hope not. I''d rather know what people think, especially if it''s offensive to me. Then I know who to stay away from.

Did I say anything about being stupid? You''re jumping on things I haven''t said!

And any sporting event it is an easy target as thousands of supporters are milling about outside any stadium prior to kick off, so to think otherwise is stupid! Should terrorist target a sporting event it will be poor to kick off!

Anyone who walked up Wembley way towards the stadium during the playoff would agree that that would have been carnage had anything happened there.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s no easy thing to successfully commit acts of terrorism at stadiums that have layers of security to penetrate.[/quote]
Very narrow thinking, though can''t say I''m surprised.  
If you have ever been to a football match then you will know there are bars, clubs where people gather to drink before matches.  There are long walks to and from grounds with roads that are largely open until you get within sight of the stadium.
These are the easy targets for anyone determined to wreak havoc.  As the Tunisian attack showed, easy targets are what these pussies look for.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]There are not enough Police to stop some guy and his child waving Islamic State flags next to The Houses of Parliament. So football matches have no chance..

Is it against English law to voice support for ISIS? I hope not. I''d rather know what people think, especially if it''s offensive to me. Then I know who to stay away from.[/quote]

Know who to stay away from? Before you know it, Mr ISIS supporter will get a load of his mates to stand next to him, then they will get their mates, and so on, and so on

You need to stand up and challenge this, not stay away from it

Sorry Indy, mine was poorly worded. I didn''t mean you specifically. It''s to the crowd who think all religions people are stupid.

Bobo, those uniformed people riding horses or carrying truncheons are called police. They are all over the place in and around the stadium on game day. So are thousands of fans who the terrorists can''t assume are all as drunk and oblivious to their surroundings as you. To EFFECTIVELY bomb a crowded stadium is no easy task. Once again, if it was, it would have been happening.

Crabby, when the ISIS flag guy bothers me I''ll confront him. If he''s just waving a flag. I''ll be glad to know he''s not someone I need to befriend. I''ll stay away. But you are correct that if he and his crew mount a threat he needs to be confronted, preferably en masse so he knows we won''t sit idly by and let his tiny minority take control.

Btw it was me that said religious people are stupid and I stand by it

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Sorry Indy, mine was poorly worded. I didn''t mean you specifically. It''s to the crowd who think all religions people are stupid.

Bobo, those uniformed people riding horses or carrying truncheons are called police. They are all over the place in and around the stadium on game day. So are thousands of fans who the terrorists can''t assume are all as drunk and oblivious to their surroundings as you. To EFFECTIVELY bomb a crowded stadium is no easy task. Once again, if it was, it would have been happening.

Crabby, when the ISIS flag guy bothers me I''ll confront him. If he''s just waving a flag. I''ll be glad to know he''s not someone I need to befriend. I''ll stay away. But you are correct that if he and his crew mount a threat he needs to be confronted, preferably en masse so he knows we won''t sit idly by and let his tiny minority take control.[/quote]

Football grounds am sure would be an easy target.

There is more security on London underground

That''s the point there aren''t the police around to stop anyone with a semi auto gun or a backpack bomb! What there is are hundreds if not thousands of fans in a tight area waiting to go into the grounds or outside in public places.

I''m heading to the Dolphins Jets game in October at Wembley, the sad thing is I have a niggle in my mind that this will be the event which might get targeted!

How sad that I cannot just look forward to the event rather than have a doubt in my mind! Thanks to religion......

[quote user="Buh"]Btw it was me that said religious people are stupid and I stand by it[/quote]Takes one to know one!There, that''s two of us that can come up with daft,childish comments.

If someone believes in something there is no evidence for how can they be described as anything but stupid?

To me, certain people hide behind their Religion, and commit awful crimes, because they have had no purpose in their lives, no future, no life pathway, and see ''Religion'' as their motive to ''be'' someone. In reality, these people are weak, and spineless.

People can believe what they want, but when I say I don''t want to abide by it, or follow it, etc, then that is my right, and they have to respect that, but then again, I have been saying for years, that the two biggest problems for mankind is Respect and Responsibility

People do not take responsibility for their own actions, it''s always some one else''s fault, and there isn''t enough respect for others. Give respect, and half of the battles would not take place

You explain why it would be difficult (crowds) and then say that makes it easy.

Bobo talks about open areas away from the stadium, but if they want to blow up that, why wait for game day? Do it around the shops where there is very limited security. They want to hit a stadium on game day, getting the gear, getting it to the stadium for maximum impact past thousands of fans and all the paid security is not easy.

THAT''S WHY IT HASN''T HAPPENED. You don''t realize how much people notice the unusual, and carrying a stuffed backpack to a stadium is pretty unusual. Now try to act casual while you doit.

30million dead Chinese at the hands of Mao. All because of atheistic communism.

[quote user="Buh"]If someone believes in something there is no evidence for how can they be described as anything but stupid?[/quote]
I wouldn''t say faith, per se, is stupid.  It can be motivational, and a force for positive change.  And the basis of faith, i.e. there are some things that cannot be adequately explained by science, is not unreasonable.
Creationists, on the other hand...

Do we really want to compare the death count of religion v atheism? Really?

We could talk about the Catholic church child molestation cover up if you like?

Well this thread''s taken an interesting turn...

I''ve mentioned this before and make no apologies for saying it again. Stephen Fry is a confirmed atheist while Delia Smith is a devout Christian. They are poles apart in belief yet have great respect for each other in person.

So it seems to me that it''s intolerant people who are stupid.

Well, I certainly do feel reassured now that Gaylord the Gopherk, despite living thousands of miles away in a trailer park somewhere outside of B*ttf*ck, Texas, believes he knows best and that:
> The Boston bombing was coordinated, planned and organised by a group of people - despite the court evidence showing two brothers organised it in 3 months and bought all the bomb equipment online.
> Football crowds only gather in a stadium and there is no opportunity to attack crowds gathering before the match
> England is guarded by mounted police at every football match so there is no need to worry
> We might all die anyway from inhaling all the smoke from cigarettes people still smoke in pubs, or from our dreadful UK diet
> We are all going to heaven anyway because some guy thousands of years ago built an Ark and some other dude parted the sea
I will sleep easy tonight.  Thanks, Gaylord!

Faith is a personal thing and should be respected, but when a religious leaders want to force their ways upon the nation then it has to be confronted and policed by the nation & government.

Society first, respect and tolerance, for all.

We can do if you want

Systematic child abuse committed and covered up by the largest religious group on the planet

Religion is evil

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Buh"]If someone believes in something there is no evidence for how can they be described as anything but stupid?[/quote]
I wouldn''t say faith, per se, is stupid.  It can be motivational, and a force for positive change.  And the basis of faith, i.e. there are some things that cannot be adequately explained by science, is not unreasonable.
Creationists, on the other hand...
[/quote]Thank you Bor, succinctly put[Y]I''ve known a few people whose faith in their God has helped them in their final days, comforting them and taking the fear of death away. These people were far from stupid and I would love to have an ounce of their belief when it is my turn.Some people need to study religion and not just pooh-pooh it as meaningless mumbo-jumbo, (some of it is mind you, go to a Catholic mass[:S]), there is quite a bit that is still relevant and important nowadays.