Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Watford at it again....

8 of the 25 man squad have to be home grown (i.e. registered with the FA or FAW for 3 years prior to turning 21 regardless of birthplace). The implication is that any players that don''t count towards the 25 also wouldn''t count as home grown, so currently I think they have:

Troy Deeny

Ikechi Anya

Rene Gilmartin (GK)

Ben Watson

Craig Cathcart

Lloyd Dyer

Lloyd Doyley

And that''s it, unless you can register players who don''t have to be registered due to age, in which case they''ve got loads... They do look like they will soon be in a Crystal Palace position though having 41 players listed in Wikipedia (not including the 3 already loaned out)!

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 24/07/2015 10:21 AM:

I''ve never seen them bring 9 in in one window, though. The game in this country is as good as dead if this is seen as the way forward.

What difference does it make what timescale the signings are spread over? It''s been seen as the way forward for years and the game seems very much alive and well.[/quote]Watford currently have 35 players on their books that are over 21 from what I can see. So that is 10 players that can''t be registered to play at the moment. They have made it clear they still want to sign more players too. So unless they get rid of 10 players either by loan or selling in the next few weeks, there are going to be a number of demoralised players hanging around the club like a bad smell. Saying that Watford seem to do their best to destabilise the club and end up being successful so I can''t work them out. They parted company with three full time managers last year and still got promoted!

Tommie Hoban is home grown and was a regular last season, Sean Murray played a few times and Connor Smith is still with them as far as I know.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Tommie Hoban is home grown and was a regular last season, Sean Murray played a few times and Connor Smith is still with them as far as I know.[/quote]

Yup, but all class as under 21''s (hence my comment about registering those you don''t have to)...

Are they? Blimey, Murray in particular has been around for a long time, didn''t realise they were all so young!

Just thought I''d add a little to this comment. Once the Watford manager has decided who the 25 he wants, the remaining players Will be loaned out to either Udinese or Granada to strengthen their teams and help all 3 clubs stay competitive in the top leagues. Watford, now with all the money, will buy a lot of players, but not necessarily for Watford, but will buy them for the other two, give them either on loan or free transfer, so then the other two teams can still invest on other players that otherwise might be out of reach. That''s what''s happening.

Hey Oxhey, yeah I''ve mentioned that I thought Watford might become the main attraction for the Pozzos, and that they might end up loaning players to Udinese & Granada.

Flores will have to chose carefully though as he won''t be able to recall any of the players from their loans.

Are you Oxhey village or South Oxhey? I''m up the road in Northwood.

[quote user="OxheyWFC"]Just thought I''d add a little to this comment. Once the Watford manager has decided who the 25 he wants, the remaining players Will be loaned out to either Udinese or Granada to strengthen their teams and help all 3 clubs stay competitive in the top leagues. Watford, now with all the money, will buy a lot of players, but not necessarily for Watford, but will buy them for the other two, give them either on loan or free transfer, so then the other two teams can still invest on other players that otherwise might be out of reach. That''s what''s happening.[/quote]So basically the Pozzo`s will now syphon money off from Watford to fund their preferred investments, namely Udinese and Granada. The original plan was to buy a cheap, run down second tier club in England and use it to bring on players for their main teams. Somehow, despite their best attempts Watford (mostly Deeney really) over achieved last season and they now have an unexpected cash bonus to spend on the bigger two clubs in their portfolio. 

Lets also add that it is not only about players.

They can manipulate the financial fair play rules plus optimise the tax position so that they pay tax in the lowest tax rate country.

Very easy to sell a young lad to Granada for an inflated price so the revenue increases at Watford and profits drop in Spain or vice versa.

It is what all businesses do and one thing for sure is the Pozzos are good business men. Not many make a success in the football game.

I am sure the model will be copied as as huge benefits and not only shared costs such as scouting.

Firstly I''d like to congratulate you on your capture of Robbie Brady, he''s a fine player.

Then I''d ask you to ignore OxheyWFC''s misinformed posts, it is not how things operate or will in the slightest. Watford FC owner Gino Pozzo has stressed that the club is it''s own entity and will be run independently. He does not own Calcio Udinese or CF Granada.

The sharing of agents is probably the closest they will get and these agents are not exclusive to any club or group, If there was a counter bid for a player they are looking to exchange it would have to be considered. The finances are not shared

Naturally Gino''s fathers passed on knowledge, experience will stand him in good stead as will family reputation but you can be certain that all parties will be especially careful to avoid any conflict of interest.

Good luck for the season.

Not sure of interest but attached is one of the 1st summaries of the Pozzos model by a journalist. There has been a number of inaccuracies posted e.g. Doing as QPR, British quota and huge amount of our prem money we have blown.

See you guys are starting to catch up

http://www.stalksport.com/watford-transfers_wtd/

[quote user="Friendlyhornet"]Not sure of interest but attached is one of the 1st summaries of the Pozzos model by a journalist. There has been a number of inaccuracies posted e.g. Doing as QPR, British quota and huge amount of our prem money we have blown. See you guys are starting to catch up http://www.stalksport.com/watford-transfers_wtd/ [/quote]

Well I was interested but I''m sorry, that is not a summary of the Pozzos model by a journalist, it is a fluff piece by a Watford fan. His bio:

I am an 18-year-old student from Surrey. Have been supporting Watford FC from the age of 5 and am still a season ticket holder

Whilst I agree that a lot of the criticsim laid at the doors of Watford is misinformed and the Pozzo model is potentially a good one for you the home grown rule is being misinterpreted there, the rule is that the squad has to include 8 homegrown players, that is taken off the Premier League''s website, the question though is whether or not you can register players that don''t have to be, i.e. can you register an U21 player and take up a squad place with him to fill that quota.

Also interesting that the ownership of Watford is officially the Pozzo son, not the Pozzo family, I wonder if there''s a similar differentitiation in Udinese and Granada''s ownership just in case they get into the same european competition.

We have spent £11 million I wonder where the rest of it has gone it can''t be just on the new flood lights!

[quote user="Talented Canary"]We have spent £11 million I wonder where the rest of it has gone it can''t be just on the new flood lights![/quote]

£7m on Brady, £1.25m on Wisdom and I thought it was ~£3m for Dorrans so there''s £11m...

[quote user="Talented Canary"]We have spent £11 million I wonder where the rest of it has gone it can''t be just on the new flood lights![/quote]How much exactly do you think "the rest of it! actually is? Be nice to see how much you think we do actually have to spend.

[quote user="Talented Canary"]We have spent £11 million I wonder where the rest of it has gone it can''t be just on the new flood lights![/quote]

McNally is doing a brilliant job in negotiating these fees, he''s probably astute enough to put some money aside for his end of season bonus.

Still not sure how we managed to spend so much more on Brady than our original offer when, it would appear, we were the only ones interested in him! Nice work by Hull.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]Still not sure how we managed to spend so much more on Brady than our original offer when, it would appear, we were the only ones interested in him! Nice work by Hull.[/quote]Oh i don''t know.... maybe because he was still in contract and they didn''t have to sell him...yeah that probably had something to do with it.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Every single bloody year!

When will you lot learn to stop being jealous of mediocre foreign signings that you''ve never seen play?

Mulumbu/Vadis*/Dorrans>Any of Watford/Bournemouth''s signings (except Capoue)

*Might as well count him as a new signing[/quote]

This post is hilarious.