Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Watford at it again....

Watford are close to securing deals to sign Jose Manuel Jurado and Miguel Britos, according to Sky sources.

Deals are imminent for Spartak Moscow midfielder Jurado and Napoli defender Britos.

Britos, 30, had been linked with both Besiktas and Udinese but it is now understood he is undergoing a medical and discussing personal terms at Vicarage Road.

Midfielder Jurado began his career at Real Madrid 10 years ago and also played under current Watford coach Quique Sanchez Flores at Atletico Madrid.

Made lots of signings of experienced players in top European leagues. This is either gonna be a masterstroke or a disaster. Certainly not hanging about in getting deals done.

And what are we doing nothing absolutely nothing again Alex Neil has bemoaned our pathetic efforts today.

How much longer before McNallys position becomes untenable

IMO they''ve made far too many signings, and I am certainly thankful we haven''t been in a position (or would want) to do the same - signing a bunch of guys who''d probably never even heard of Watford (or each other?!) before won''t make them a team. I much favour a degree of continuity, and dare I say it, a less mercenary attitude.

Unlike us they weren''t promoted with a squad largely built during 3 recent Premier League seasons.

Lots of exotic names with no experience of English football would concern me. Happier to be a canary than a hornet that''s for sure!

Can''t help but think of our first return to the prem in 04, we signed too many players then and by the time the squad gelled and started to pick up points it was too late. I hope he same case will go for Watford

Agreed Branston - it''s one thing making a few signings but talk about ripping the heart out of the dressing room and the players that got them there! It may work of course but my gut feeling is that it doesn''t bode well at all for Watford - seeing as it''s nearly a completely brand new team and manager, they''d better get to know each other... And fast!.

I never figure out if its the same person who slags of McNally every time under different names

Watford will have a new squad soon reeks of qpr mk2

Reminds me of last season..

Cardiff doing all their business early on, everybody on here getting jealous.. look how that worked out.

Or even rewind back to when we were promoted with QPR and Swansea.. QPR signing all these "classy" foreigners, everbody on here getting jealous.. again look how that worked out.

[quote user="STAN"]Reminds me of last season..

Cardiff doing all their business early on, everybody on here getting jealous.. look how that worked out.

Or even rewind back to when we were promoted with QPR and Swansea.. QPR signing all these "classy" foreigners, everbody on here getting jealous.. again look how that worked out.[/quote]Well said that man.

And AJ, unless i''m being forgetful I can''t remember signing a huge number of players back in 04?

Charlton, Doherty, Helveg, Jonson, Safri, Bentley on loan? I''m struggling to think of anymore? Topped off with Ashton in January.

Compare that to Lamberts spree.. Naughton on loan, Barnett, Johnson, Pilkington, E.Bennett, Vaughan and Morison. Topped off with R.Bennett and Howson in January.

Oh My God, and after so many people were crying out for us to sign Jurado and Britos too! McNally out!

Every single bloody year!

When will you lot learn to stop being jealous of mediocre foreign signings that you''ve never seen play?

Mulumbu/Vadis*/Dorrans>Any of Watford/Bournemouth''s signings (except Capoue)

*Might as well count him as a new signing

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]And what are we doing nothing absolutely nothing again Alex Neil has bemoaned our pathetic efforts today.

How much longer before McNallys position becomes untenable[/quote]

17 years, 5 months, 23 days.

they have pressed the panic button, spent probably a fair amount, and they will still more than likely get relegated.

I''m sure our Fer / RVW signings had a number of other fans having sleepless nights......calm down!

I personally don''t think taht Watford are as nailed on for relegation as everyone thinks. They have been chopping and changing their team vastly over the last few years and it hasn''t really harmed them and the Pozzo family are reputed to have the best pan-European scouting network around so I wouldn''t dismiss the signings as journeymen quite so readily... They very well might be relegated and the signings may fail. but they are many degrees of seperation from either QPR or Cardiff.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Unlike us they weren''t promoted with a squad largely built during 3 recent Premier League seasons. Lots of exotic names with no experience of English football would concern me. Happier to be a canary than a hornet that''s for sure![/quote]

I dont get all this Watford and Bournemouth need more players as we have a better squad bo11ox.  Our far "superior squad" finished 3rd behind these teams.

While I wont pretend to know whether any of these watford signing are better than what they have, the fact they are bringing in players for good money from big clubs worries me.

I know Watford is close to London, but how on earth they can attract players and we cant is beyond me.  this will be our 4th season in the top flight out of the last 5 with a juicy parachute payment covering the other.  Can we not compete financially with other prem clubs? 

Can someone please explain how many of the players Watford have signed are better than what we currently have, other than Behrami I don''t see many others.

Everyone is panicking but they might come and be complete flops, kill the team spirit they had when they got promoted etc etc.

Yes it''s just as possible that they might not but history has shown that ripping the guts out of the team that got you up doesn''t bode well.

The championship is a completely different league to the Premier, and final position is nothing to go by is it, if it was then the table would be agreed before the season has even started.

Football is football, one bad decision from a ref, one lucky goal etc etc can have an impact on a result and therefore the league position.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]

I dont get all this Watford and Bournemouth need more players as we have a better squad bo11ox.  Our far "superior squad" finished 3rd behind these teams.

[/quote]

Some might say our far "superior squad" was mis-managed for over half of the season. Did we not out-perform them during the period Neil was in charge? Also, I think people are referring to our players'' respective Premier League experience rather than man-for-man quality. Watford and Bournemouth both had several seasons of Championship ''experience'' to draw on in beating us to the automatics; our recent Premier League experience could counteract that at the next level up.

I''m not committing myself either way. I''ve seen enough seasons to know that there is far more at play than the number and quality of summer signings in determining who is relegated at the other end.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Unlike us they weren''t promoted with a squad largely built during 3 recent Premier League seasons. Lots of exotic names with no experience of English football would concern me. Happier to be a canary than a hornet that''s for sure![/quote]

While I wont pretend to know whether any of these watford signing are better than what they have, the fact they are bringing in players for good money from big clubs worries me.

I know Watford is close to London, but how on earth they can attract players and we cant is beyond me.  this will be our 4th season in the top flight out of the last 5 with a juicy parachute payment covering the other.  Can we not compete financially with other prem clubs? 

[/quote]

Neither Watford nor Bournemouth beat us last season in the head to heads and we defeated the cherries away and the hornets 6-0 on aggregate.

If we had hired a manager with a victory on his CV rather than taking a punt on the youth team coach we would have finished above them.

Am sure Watford fans think if they hadnt had four managers they would have won the league.

Either way we will never know.

They seem to have practically signed " another " team, wonder what the players who got them promoted think ? Pretty peed of I''d imagine.

You sure.

I am pinching myself with some of the signings and our owners who popped up just before administration.

I notice Watford getting alot of criticism on here with their transfers.

I wonder if most of you would prefer to be following a similar path and a little jealousy involved.

Time will tell who was right - hopefully both stay up.

You have Gestede tbh - we do not need him. Unlikely to get a game so if we are to buy a striker need someone that could improve 1st 11.

Think our best signing will be Jurado. Jury is out with the rest but fully behind the owners for givng it a go. Also despite what some say they have not broken bank and really shows strength of scouting network

Good luck next year