Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Claudio Ranieri at Leicester

[quote user="mrs miggins"]bump[/quote]
I''m not quite sure what my favourite post is Miggins!
Could it be Smudger''s complete write off of Ranieri?
Or Bethnal''s concern Villa & Newcastle''s signings will leave us behind?
Or maybe Canary One''s  confidence that Villa & Newcastle will definitely stay up?
I am of course majorly benefitting from hindsight here, but i''m happy nonetheless.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="mrs miggins"]bump[/quote]
I''m not quite sure what my favourite post is Miggins!
Could it be Smudger''s complete write off of Ranieri?
Or Bethnal''s concern Villa & Newcastle''s signings will leave us behind?
Or maybe Canary One''s  confidence that Villa & Newcastle will definitely stay up?
I am of course majorly benefitting from hindsight here, but i''m happy nonetheless.
[/quote]I am always pleased when these historical threads are bumped. Especially after checking I haven''t made a tit of myself in them.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]not in this one[/quote]Awww, who rattled your cage?

[quote user="mrs miggins"](it was a joke)[/quote]It wasn''t really very good, was it?You need to work on that.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s a sensitive soul.

I thought the wink emoji saved everything? Obviously not.[/quote]What wink emoji?

I think it''s best if I just leave this thread. I totally regret bumping this thread and offending you M, t''was not my intention, but will apologise (as I say despite it not being my intention).

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 11/04/2016 4:36 PM:

He''s a sensitive soul.

I thought the wink emoji saved everything? Obviously not.

Of delicate disposition 😉

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think it''s best if I just leave this thread. I totally regret bumping this thread and offending you M, t''was not my intention, but will apologise (as I say despite it not being my intention).[/quote]Listen mate, when I make comments like you did, everyone is all over me for disrupting threads, same with Bor.And it just sets off pr1cks like vanwank, see above.But if we want to play those games, not a problem with me[Y]

No I''m not interested in ''playing games'' or ''thinking I''m ard'' and all that.

As I say it was meant to be a little passing joke that I thought you would take as a light joke, however you didn''t; I don''t know if that''s my fault or that you didn''t see the little wink emoji (which is meant to tell the reader that it''s not meant to be taken seriously). It''s clear there has been a misunderstanding and because of that I think it''s best to move on.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]No I''m not interested in ''playing games'' or ''thinking I''m ard'' and all that.

As I say it was meant to be a little passing joke that I thought you would take as a light joke, however you didn''t; I don''t know if that''s my fault or that you didn''t see the little wink emoji (which is meant to tell the reader that it''s not meant to be taken seriously). It''s clear there has been a misunderstanding and because of that I think it''s best to move on.[/quote]I''d stick to the football, if I were you[:)]

Anyway, back to Ranieri... he''s always struck me as a nice guy, as football managers go.  I remember near the start of the season hearing a Leicester fan singing his praises on the radio 5 phone in and saying he is more tactically astute than Pearson, which Robbie Savage had a go at him for (Savage basically just repeated "no, I''m not having that... he''s not more tactically astute than Pearson... I''m not having that....").  Well, we know who had the last laugh there, don''t we ?

I remember him having the "tinkerman" tag, I wonder if he''s learnt or has the limited squad at Leicester actually been helpful ?

As well as tactical nous, he took over a squad that was doing very well at the end of last season, and he has built on that team spirit while insulating them from the pressures of being top of the league - really impressive.  What summed it up for me was the last 2-week break when he gave all the players the first week off, with a personal fitness regime to follow but otherwise having a break from the squad etc.  I thought that showed a touch of genius by saying to them all "I trust you to be responsible" etc.

Good thinking; It''s a deal!

I''ll stick to the football.

You get on the valium.

:)

We''re all gonna need some I think before kick off on saturday.

You have a good sense of humour Mrs Miggins, can I suggest you carry on posting in your usual way.

We would all probably benefit from some Valium before Saturday, some may need a stronger dose than others however!

In a belated attempt to go hipster, I''ve been manufacturing my own tincture of laudanum.  If it takes off, I will be opening a craft Laudanum palace some time in 2017 and will provide a ropey matchday stream for people to watch while they lie around on beanbags having out of body experiences.

Mr Jenkins wrote the following post at 11/04/2016 5:59 PM:

You have a good sense of humour Mrs Miggins, can I suggest you carry on posting in your usual way.

We would all probably benefit from some Valium before Saturday, some may need a stronger dose than others however!

-----------------------

aww thanks J. Big virtual man hug for you.

"Opium tincture is indicated for the treatment of severe fulminant (intense, prolific) diarrhoea"

Looks as if you have hit on a real find there, great sedative for the highly strung fan, an out of body experience for those who couldn''t give a fuck if we win or lose and also deals with the panty soilers, or as I would now prefer to say, those fans suffering from severe fulminant!

Mrs M, I''m glad you didn''t find the thread where I predicted that Leicester would go down as Ranieri had never managed a struggling club before. That has saved my embarrassment! 🙄🙄🙄

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Mr Jenkins wrote the following post at 11/04/2016 5:59 PM:

-----------------------

aww thanks J. Big virtual man hug for you.[/quote]
Totally agree with Mr J, Mrs M I saw the intended humour and you shouldn''t be apologising for anything not sure what the big deal was,.

No need for you to apologize in my opinion, for what its worth, Mrs M. Seemed obviously tongue in cheek to me and certainly backed up with a winking emoticon. Glass houses maybe?

Anyway keep up the light hearted humor you''re known for as we could do with that at the moment :-)

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]No need for you to apologize in my opinion, for what its worth, Mrs M. Seemed obviously tongue in cheek to me and certainly backed up with a winking emoticon. Glass houses maybe?

Anyway keep up the light hearted humor you''re known for as we could do with that at the moment :-)[/quote]The sly digs build up, theres two or three of them following me round doing it.You all whine like bitches when I do stuff like this, but if thats how we want it, no problemo, I''ll make sure to put a [;)] when I do it too[:)]