Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Season objective pledges (pending approval *ATN Nutty)

I pledge £10 for City to stay up, further £10 if we sign Nkoulou this window, and further £5 if City offer Michael Turner a new 3 year contract.

First penalty bet placed for tomorrow at Bournemouth : -

Norwich to score a penalty £2.50 Bet 365 12/1 £32.50

Thanks Purple.

I like this thread - only just read it properly.

Anyway I''ll pledge £10 if we stay up and another £10 if we finish 14th or higher.

Also I''ll pledge £10 for every penalty we''re awarded away from home for the rest of the season (£20 if we get one at Arsenal - that''s one I really hope I have to pay out on).

Does it matter what charity ?  I won''t be bothering with bets to cover this, I''ll just pay up.

I shall go with a straight £50 if we stay up.The CSF is a very worthy charity, and one close to a lot of my friends on heres hearts[Y]

Great pledges guys.

If it''s done as part of PUPs then the charity is the CSF and at the moment our money goes specifically to help fund the Norwich Downes Syndrome Team. Since Ray''s Funds started £4952 has been raised through this message board of which £728 has come from pledges like these. However I personally have no objection to individuals making pledges on here to support their own good cause choices. But anything which comes through me will go to the CSF and our DS boys and girls because that''s what we all voted for.

More info here:

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3322712/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Essjayess"]I pledge £10 for City to stay up, further £10 if we sign Nkoulou this window, and further £5 if City offer Michael Turner a new 3 year contract.
[/quote]

I think your money is pretty safe there.

Just to make this official:If Norwich finish above Bournemouth, I will pay £10 to the pot.If Bournemouth finish about Norwich, Bor will pay £10 to the pot.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Just to make this official:If Norwich finish above Bournemouth, I will pay £10 to the pot.If Bournemouth finish *above Norwich, Bor will pay £10 to the pot.[/quote]

Some of these were settled as they happened and Parma sent his twenty quid because Brady nearly scored direct from a fee kick before Klose headed it in!

I''m not sure if i should be celebrating or not.

Balls to it,Eddie I sent you £10 anyway. Do as you wish with it buddy.

Yay, saved me £50[:(]Will split the difference and give you £25 next time I see you in the pub anyway[Y]

Top man Morty. I saved £20 so decided to split the difference.

Be nice to see a few others follow, pretty please.

You guys are stars as always. Best football message board community in the world[Y] Got your tenner with thanks Inchy. And Lakey, the star that he is, has sent me £27 for our 9 wins. So we now have : -

And with £1067

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £5208

since we began of which £220 is already

banked for the next presentation.

And of course we presented £1500 just over a month ago!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Nutty, if you approve...There was a post recently that we haven''t been awarded an away penalty in the Premier League since Ipswich in 1994/95 I think it was. I don''t know whether that is true but we cerrtainly don''t seem to get many, and haven''t had one this  season. I would happily provide £20 so £2.50 could be placed on us scoring a penalty for each of our last eight away weekend games. This could be as an additional bet to whatever gets chosen, or added to the bet if the picker also liked the idea. Recently there have been very tempting odds, in the region  of 13/1 and 14/1 against us. To emphasise that even at home to Southampton we are 9/1 while they are 7/1![/quote]

I have every confidence this penalty stat is correct because it was posted originally by Year of the Tiger[:)]

Looking at Bet 365 tomorrow (I know that''s a home game) the odds are 9/1 for Norwich to score a penalty and 25/1 for Norwich to miss a penalty. I can''t seem to find odds for Norwich being awarded a pen. Maybe I''m a bit beffudled after celebrating the new year with an extra Horlicks last night...

I was thinking that if we put £2 on scoring and 50p on the miss for each away game we''d still get a decent return whatever the outcome from the unlikely event of a penalty being awarded. What do you think Purple?

[/quote]Nutty, apparently we are doomed to slide all the way down the league pyramid and beyond until we disppear into footballing oblivion. But if the doomsayers are wrong (not that they ever have been or if they have it has been accompanied by an inexplicable lapse of memory) and we ever get back to the Premier League I will hope to hope to propose this bet again.

Thanks Crabby you''re a star.

And also thanks to the two PUPs who sent donations without having a pledge to honour. Here are the latest totals ; -

And with £1196

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £5337

since we began of which £349 is already

banked for the next presentation.

I''ll be back in a week or so with the details for our Euro competition.