Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Season objective pledges (pending approval *ATN Nutty)

Last season seemed like a pretty successful trial run of this. many pups and other posters pledged X amount towards the CSF if Norwich matched or beat the posters season objective (tenner if we get promoted, have the highest goalscore, have the most clean sheets, etc.)and while I did not plan it last season, I believe most people paid their pledges to nutty for the charity.If it''s okay with Nutty I think it would be great if we did this again.I''d like to pledge a tenner if we have a player that scores 12+ league goals and 20 if we finish the season in the top 12 for clean sheets

I''ll happily pledge £10 everytime we beat one of the usual top 4 (Chelsea,Arsenal,ManU,ManC) Better start saving[Y]

Brilliant idea Redders. Obviously because of the time lapse and the coming and going of posters from the board we don''t always get the pledges in at the end of the season. Not through anyones bad intent though. It just happens that way. Thanks for doing this and I''ll be back with a suitable pledge[Y]

Great idea, I love these bets.

My season forecast (42 points in total) anticipates only getting 3 points in all home & away games against:

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool & Everton.

Therefore I''ll happily contribute £5 for every extra point gained against these teams over and above 3 points.

£10 if we stay up, increased to £20 if we reach 50 points.£10 if we reach a cup semi-final, increased to £20 if we reach the final, and increased again to £30 if we win the final.

Following last night''s "pint of piss" fiasco, it is only fitting that I pledge £5 for every goal RvW scores in the Premier League for Norwich City.

£5 for every goal Russ Martin scores, blimey I already owe a tenner!!

I will pledge £2 for every goal the player who is wearing the No 9 shirt scores a Prem goal for us.
I will also pledge £10 if we avoid relegation

Given that we should have done all our transfer business before the season started (apparently that is what all the other clubs do) I will pledge £5 for every Premier League side that doesn''t sign anyone between now and 6pm next Tuesday.

Will gladly pledge £5 for every place above 18th, so 17th =£5, 16th = £10 and so on, also will pledge £5 for every PL goal RVW scores, be nice if i have to fork out a bit there.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Given that we should have done all our transfer business before the season started (apparently that is what all the other clubs do) I will pledge £5 for every Premier League side that doesn''t sign anyone between now and 6pm next Tuesday.[/quote]Nutty, I make it that only five clubs didn''t get in at least one more player, so I will send you a cheque for £25.[:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Given that we should have done all our transfer business before the season started (apparently that is what all the other clubs do) I will pledge £5 for every Premier League side that doesn''t sign anyone between now and 6pm next Tuesday.[/quote]Nutty, I make it that only five clubs didn''t get in at least one more player, so I will send you a cheque for £25.[:)][/quote]

good man purple - and an interesting stat.

Buonasera tutti, I love a good pledge as much as the next Pup, so let me throw £20 into the pot if Robbie Brady scores a direct free kick.

Robbie if you''re reading this, that''s an extra 20 mins after training every day for you...

Parma

Somehow missed this little jem of a thread. I will pledge £10 if we stay up this season and another £10 for any city player who scores a hat-trick this season in any league or cup game.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Given that we should have done all our transfer business before the season started (apparently that is what all the other clubs do) I will pledge £5 for every Premier League side that doesn''t sign anyone between now and 6pm next Tuesday.[/quote]Nutty, I make it that only five clubs didn''t get in at least one more player, so I will send you a cheque for £25.[:)][/quote]

Received with thanks Purple. I''ve added the money to the presentation pot and amended the relevant part of Ray''s signature which now reads : -

And with £578

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £4180.

since we began of which £655 already

banked for the next presentation.

Just seen that my bet will now be a void with old wolfie moving to Betis, so I will do £5 for every league goal he scores for them instead, I see that bor had picked the same as me so I''m sure he''ll probably like to do the same 😜

[quote user="woostercanary"]Great idea, I love these bets.

My season forecast (42 points in total) anticipates only getting 3 points in all home & away games against:

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool & Everton.

Therefore I''ll happily contribute £5 for every extra point gained against these teams over and above 3 points.[/quote]
We may not have won the big prize (£510) today but after draws against Liverpool, Arsenal & Everton today''s win will at least generate £15.  It''s on its way to you NN.  
Incidentally, in my 42 points for the season I had us having 17 points after 17 games.  Spooky isn''t it?

I had remembered these. Great stuff Wooster. It''s OK if you want to leave until the last game if you like.

All you PUPs are real stars :)

Just checked my emails. Thank you Wooster and Herman. Another £25 and I make that nearly £75 from today''s great win. I''ll update all the totals next time I''m on my computer.

Is this the best message board community in the world?

You bet it is :)

Nutty, if you approve...There was a post recently that we haven''t been awarded an away penalty in the Premier League since Ipswich in 1994/95 I think it was. I don''t know whether that is true but we cerrtainly don''t seem to get many, and haven''t had one this  season. I would happily provide £20 so £2.50 could be placed on us scoring a penalty for each of our last eight away weekend games. This could be as an additional bet to whatever gets chosen, or added to the bet if the picker also liked the idea. Recently there have been very tempting odds, in the region  of 13/1 and 14/1 against us. To emphasise that even at home to Southampton we are 9/1 while they are 7/1!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Nutty, if you approve...There was a post recently that we haven''t been awarded an away penalty in the Premier League since Ipswich in 1994/95 I think it was. I don''t know whether that is true but we cerrtainly don''t seem to get many, and haven''t had one this  season. I would happily provide £20 so £2.50 could be placed on us scoring a penalty for each of our last eight away weekend games. This could be as an additional bet to whatever gets chosen, or added to the bet if the picker also liked the idea. Recently there have been very tempting odds, in the region  of 13/1 and 14/1 against us. To emphasise that even at home to Southampton we are 9/1 while they are 7/1![/quote]

I have every confidence this penalty stat is correct because it was posted originally by Year of the Tiger[:)]

Looking at Bet 365 tomorrow (I know that''s a home game) the odds are 9/1 for Norwich to score a penalty and 25/1 for Norwich to miss a penalty. I can''t seem to find odds for Norwich being awarded a pen. Maybe I''m a bit beffudled after celebrating the new year with an extra Horlicks last night...

I was thinking that if we put £2 on scoring and 50p on the miss for each away game we''d still get a decent return whatever the outcome from the unlikely event of a penalty being awarded. What do you think Purple?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Nutty, if you approve...There was a post recently that we haven''t been awarded an away penalty in the Premier League since Ipswich in 1994/95 I think it was. I don''t know whether that is true but we cerrtainly don''t seem to get many, and haven''t had one this  season. I would happily provide £20 so £2.50 could be placed on us scoring a penalty for each of our last eight away weekend games. This could be as an additional bet to whatever gets chosen, or added to the bet if the picker also liked the idea. Recently there have been very tempting odds, in the region  of 13/1 and 14/1 against us. To emphasise that even at home to Southampton we are 9/1 while they are 7/1![/quote]

I have every confidence this penalty stat is correct because it was posted originally by Year of the Tiger[:)]

Looking at Bet 365 tomorrow (I know that''s a home game) the odds are 9/1 for Norwich to score a penalty and 25/1 for Norwich to miss a penalty. I can''t seem to find odds for Norwich being awarded a pen. Maybe I''m a bit beffudled after celebrating the new year with an extra Horlicks last night...

I was thinking that if we put £2 on scoring and 50p on the miss for each away game we''d still get a decent return whatever the outcome from the unlikely event of a penalty being awarded. What do you think Purple?

[/quote]Nutty, I know the statistic is for us not being awarded an away penalty, but I thought it best to put all the money on us scoring. Partly to avoid the complication of two bets, but mainly to increase the pay-out if it happened. That was the reasoning, and on balance I would prefer it that way. But if you feel we should cover ourselves against Hoolahan again trying a Panenka[:''(], as he did against Preston, then I would go along with that.PS. I think the Racing Ferrol game in this weekend''s main bet starts at 16.00 UK time tomorrow.