Sign in to follow this  
Jams093

Marcos Alonso

If we sign Brady if would be to use him as a left midfielder not a left back I''d think. He''s pretty direct, takes the defender on.

We had a lack of width all last season and there will be games next season that need that on both flanks. Murphys still don''t look ready for premier league on a consistant basis

Wouldn''t surprise me if we went for both

FFS the number of people on this message board who are slating the guy even though they''ve hardly seen him play is beyond me.

Alonso won Player of the Season for Bolton in 2013 (aged 23) a couple of years ago, and rejected a new contract with them to go to Fiorentina to play Europa League football as well as playing for the Italian equivalent of Liverpool. He made 25 appearances for them last season and is highly thought of.

He went on loan to Sunderland in January 2014 and some of their fans I''ve asked about him have said he was a "terrific player, we tried to make the move permanent" and also that he is "an attacking full back, his passing and delivery are great".

He won''t cost the earth (around £3m quoted), will prove to be fantastic competition for Olsson, and at 24 years old certainly has the potential to develop into a very good player.

What more can you ask for? He is an improvement on the squad. Left backs are not going to set the world alight, because quite frankly the full back position isn''t the most glamorous on the pitch. If AN secures this signing it will be a significant improvement on an ageing Garrido.

Things might be happening, from Sky Sports this morning:

CANARIES IN FOR ALONSO

Another line from the Premier League – we’re told Norwich are to bid €3m for Fiorentina left-back Marcos Alonso.

The 24-year-old helped keep Sunderland up two seasons ago at the Canaries expense.

Plan A for Alex Neill is to sign left backs Robbie Bradie or Marcus Alonso. Plan B is we can select either Harry Toffolo or Louis Thompson to operate at left back. I might be good if we do develop our young players like Toffolo and Thompson. With Olsson set to miss the first game against Palace - this could be the perfect opportunity for Toffolo to get his chance and shine!!!

Well Talksport & The London Metro have reported Norwich have made a bid for Marcus Alonso and says we are interested in Ricky Lambert...

> http://talksport.com/football/norwich-set-bid-ps2m-fiorentina-full-back-marcos-alonso-150723159279

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/21/norwich-city-make-transfer-moves-for-liverpools-rickie-lambert-and-fiorentinas-marcos-alonso-5305218/

I couldn''t sit still as I was so overcome with anger and impatience so I decided to call the club to have a moan.I started in my tirade about not having signed any players yet and how our stadium is woefully inadequate and an embaressment to British Football. About five minutes in I got transfered to big Mac.With a steady and fair tone he told me to "Calm down dear!". Well as you can imagine that really pushed my bottons and so just as I was about to deliver yet another tirade telling him there was more use in a chocolate tea pot he said two words "Tom Cavendish".Apparently, the club has been waiting on his scouting reports for three weeks now and have been making blind bids for players as a result. He has a suspision that Tom might be completing some sort of holiday assignment for the start of year 10.So there you have it. Straight from the (panto)horses mouth.

Thompson at LB biggest lpad of tosh I''ve read on here. He will not be playing at LB. He''s a central midfielder.

Yeah why do you think this is funny? Don''t be ridiculous - you are obviousy taking the piss. Why don''t you say something interesting instead of just mocking people? Why the stupid sarcasm? Some Norwich fans want a serious discussion obviously you don''t - you want to be silly!!!

He only played there to get some minutes because we only have 2 left backs olsson who was injured and Toffolo who was playing the other 2 quaters. I think mcgrandles may have featured at full back against gorleston or Hitchin. So that''s another option 😯.

Thompson will never play as full back for us in any competitive game.

[quote user="craigbrown2015"]Yeah why do you think this is funny? Don''t be ridiculous - you are obviousy taking the piss. Why don''t you say something interesting instead of just mocking people? Why the stupid sarcasm? Some Norwich fans want a serious discussion obviously you don''t - you want to be silly!!![/quote]I can hear you stamping your feet as you typed this.

Well maybe he could give Connor McGrandles a chance as a full back another option like Toffolo. Well I guess it depends on if we sign this Marcus Alonso - because papers say we put in a bid...