Sign in to follow this  
Jams093

Marcos Alonso

Charlie Wyett reporting on twitter we are making a £3.5 million bud for him. Also states we are interested in a well known striker.

Just what we need - competition for Olsson but at a low price. Remember him at Bolton and has had a good number of games in the PL (If I''m thinking of the right person that is).

You indeed are, Mrs M (if I am honking of the same guy, too!). Presumably a warning shot to Hull included in his link - Brady seems to be our first choice target but we''ll not wait all summer.

[quote user="Jams093"]Charlie Wyett reporting on twitter we are making a £3.5 million bud for him. Also states we are interested in a well known striker.[/quote]
The striker is Rickie Lambert it would seem.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-striker-rickie-lambert-attracting-6103987?

Sounds like we''re going cold on Brady now with this link. But makes you wonder who the well known striker is? Unfortunately Carlton Cole is in the ''well known'' bracket ;)

Because Hull played 3 at the back last season Brady played as a left wing back. Bruce said the owners weren''t back until Thursday so I wouldn''t expect any action on Brady until early next week. Also what I would say is that I believe when he does sign for us, he''ll play as a left winger because he can''t defend for toffee but Hull fans seem to think he''s good going forward (although only got a few assists) so if this Alonso rumour is true then i''d expect to see both of them.

Alonso is the right choice, experienced, knows the league, good age and is a sensible price. Our priorities for that money are elsewhere than left side.

I hope we pursue this avenue, the right competition for a very good olsson

Honestly, I don''t want us to pay the same for Brady as hull paid for snoddy. Snoddys prem stats were better (regardless of if Brady was out of position) and I''d like to think we''re smarter with our money than them, who probably went a bit cash mad with their first season in the prem.

I like the idea of alonso for anything under 4.5. It''s a smart move and I''d be excited for it. Lambert I kind of have no feelings about. At his age we would need someone else I think, depending on departures.

I''m slightly uncomfortable that he appears to be the same Marcos Alonso who was driving when twice the legal limit, injuring two and killing one of his passengers four years ago.

But, I''m funny like that.

If that''s true Fuzzar, what an awful burden to have to carry around with you. I doubt he''s touched a drop since. You need to look behind the sensationalism of your comment and think about the human side. If he shows remorse of course. Thank God we haven''t been in that situation when we were young!

If I''m honest his name didnt mean anything to me when I heard this one.

But reading how excited everyone seems to be was making me feel optomistic about it until I ready about the drink driving.  That said everyone deserves a second chance.

Is this the guy I can remember playing against us last time we played Sunderland in the premier league? From what I remember Sunderland were awful that day and looked as if they were dead, but after that there great run had an impact on our demise. although we dint help ourselves obviously.

Anyway, Alonso looked awful that day in a bad Sunderland team, he stood out he was so bad. topped of by getting sent of if i remember correctly?

I think Norwich fans have short memories and are seriously clinging to any transfer movement.

Alonso is just another Garrido - which begs the question why we got rid of one to pay three and a half million for the other?

I don''t know if you''re all getting confused with Liverpool''s Alonso, but this guy is another very average player.

I''d rather seen Toffolo given a guy than ex-Bolton player''s Alonso.

Very underwelming rumour...

absolutely nothing but back up/cover, hes either not very bright or is just coming to get paid knowing he wont play unless olsson''s outpretty sure bassong, whittaker, toffolo, or even bradley johnson could do that job if needed

this also suggests to me the brady deal might be dead in the water as im pretty sure he could cover there as well

From what I saw of him I liked, very comfortable on the ball, got forward and crossed well. But I don''t think I''d rather him in the side than Olson and doubt he''d just want to sit on the bench.

True TTR. Alonso is a LB who can also play at LM or CB, so he certainly has the versatility AN is looking for at have the price Hull are holding out for on Brady.

if it is the same Alonso who played for sunderland that game at cr he did have a poor game.

but we will see. either way brady is too much

I don''t see LB as a priority buy, we have Olsson and Whitts can cover that side along with Toffolo.

To be honest Brady and this guy would be way down my list of priorities, where the hack is thi CB we need?

Is anyone else underwhelmed with us being linked to a 33 year old cart horse? Lambert best days are way behind him, not sure if we could meet his wage demands must be on a pretty packet in Liverpool.

No the last thing I read was he was training and might be fit for the start of the season.

http://mobile.canaries.co.uk//news/article/martin-olsson-shoulder-injury-update-2524110.aspx