Sign in to follow this  
NICK07

General Sale ???

I have read a number of posts on here talking about a general sale. I emailed the club and they confirmed to me that the sale next Wednesday of one extra ticket per customer number is to Season Ticket Holders and Priority Members only. So at the moment there are no plans for a general sale.

My worst fears have been confirmed this morning. Phones not being allowed due to demand.....turned off more like. I''m a lifetime member but cannot buy Priority membership either. I guess all I can try now is Wwdnesda am. Not hopeful!

Everybody will get a chance to get one.

The bit where it says season and priority members will be able to get one more per number is next to pointless because it''s unlikely to get tickets next door to the one they''ve already got

As I mentioned earlier this week, we are beginning to become victims of our (albeit limited) "success": we have 22k season tickets and thousands of priority members so there''ll be more taken by those sets of supporters, but that is the way it goes and is probably fair enough. The likes of Man U have had much bigger problems like this for years.

I''m ok as a s-t holder and got myself sorted yesterday, but do think it odd that they are giving ''early'' categories 4 full days to snaffle tickets, that seems too long and doesn''t give a long time for more general sale and getting those tickets sent out. I know the binners were going to put them on general sale from Monday evening (tho have only 13k s-t''s).

I have my fingers crossed that there will be a general sale towards the end of next week.

I certainly agree it is right that season ticket holders should definitely get a ticket but I''m gutted about this.

Not living locally means a season ticket just isn''t an option for me. I was really hoping that I could take my two kids, who have been brain washed into supporting Norwich by me when all their friends support Chelsea, Man City etc, to see the mighty canaries at Wembley.

Is there really no chance tickets will go on complete general sale??

same here mate , live in northants now and work saturdays so cant have a season ticket.

been going since 1978 and got both daughter and son into it too but as only 2 out of three of us has priority membership cant get tickets

How many season tickets & priority members do we have. 30k ? That still leaves another 9000 tickets. Even if season ticket holders & priority members get another chance to buy another i still reckon there will be 5000 tickets on general sale.

This happened the last time for the millenium stadium. People were camping overnight and queuing all day. The queue went all the way round the stadium. But 2 days later you could just walk straight to the box office and pick one up no queue at all. Im pretty sure that was around 40k tickets to.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]This happened the last time for the millenium stadium. People were camping overnight and queuing all day. The queue went all the way round the stadium. But 2 days later you could just walk straight to the box office and pick one up no queue at all. Im pretty sure that was around 40k tickets to.[/quote]

Think you are right, you prob will be able to pick one up,,but getting 3 or 4 together may be a problem

Quite so, CJRV - there is a significant difference in that we now have a lot more in the ''priority'' groups, but the early clamour is bound to die down and we could well have some left for general sale + all the spiel says it''s an initial allocation so we could get more (oddly, we have more than boro to start with, they got 38000, we got 38888). I''m hoping to be able to buy a couple of guest tickets, but obviously they could be miles from the tickets I''ve already got.

[quote user="im spartacus"]So  is it the case that season ticket holders and priority members get the chance to buy 1 more ticket on wednesday before any more go on general sale ?[/quote]

Yes

[quote user="im spartacus"]So  is it the case that season ticket holders and priority members get the chance to buy 1 more ticket on wednesday before any more go on general sale ?[/quote]

Yes

Saw a tweet from the official Middlesborough twitter account earlier and they are expecting 20k tickets to go on general sale their end. Perhaps Norwich fans could somehow buy in the Middlesborough end when we sell out? Although I''m sure the postcode thing will be an issue, maybe phone them up with a fake northern accent. Boro aren''t a particularly well supported club so hopefully they might even return some.

Surely it''s the general sale that starts on Wednesday at 6 pm? Not just another chance for members and Season Ticket holders to buy more?

The email I got from the ticket office said that the sale at 6pm on Wednesday was for season ticket holders and priority members only to buy one extra ticket per customer number. Definitely not a general sale.