Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

New Kit 2015/16

Could it be now we''ve got to Wembley we''ll see the new kit make it''s first appearances next Monday, and as I have a sneaking suspicion may well happen, a new kit release this week? That said, was very surprised how many people were buying this seasons shirts in the club store yesterday, I''d have thought everybody would surely have there''s by now? (still selling at £45).

I don''t think we will. I think the club have been incredibly canny; people will shell out full price on an ''old'' shirt to wear their colours with pride at Wembley (even I''m tempted and I haven''t bought a shirt in years!). If we do win the game, they''ll then release the new one almost instantly to capitalise on the feel-good factor and people will end up buying two - at full price - in quick succession.

Even if we don''t win, new shirts will always sell.

Good point Chunky, and food for thought, but I think realistically, how many of the 2014/15 shirts are they really going to sell this week compared to cashing in on the feel good factor, knowing how many new shirts they could sell in the run up to Wembley compared to possibly a few hundred of the ''old''? Yesterday aside, I''m not sure they''ll sell as prolifically through the week, and it must be stupidly close to the new kits being unveiled regardless. I''m sure there''d certainly be far more clamour for the brand new shirts now compared to releasing them close season, and I think most attending Wembley would get in on it. Plus when they sell the discounted shirts I''m sure the club will still make a handsome profit, so who knows?