Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

The Binners have accepted they are second best

All their fans are praising how their team played (limited is the expression I think), no complaints, been happy to have got this far, thought they gave us a scare, they think they have overachieved, one actually GLAD they are in the Championship next year, happy to have contained us for large parts of the ties, forgetting to mention that they never really offered a threat (the whole point of football, no?) Jeez

Even if we don''t go up, I feel that''s 6 points in the bag to start with.........................

That''s right Crabby they have.

Quite content with the "plucky runners up" badge, it shows how far ahead we are of them now.

I have to say I was surprised Murphy scored so many this season - in four games against us he barely came close to even having a shot, all I recall is a missed header in the first game back in august

Credit where credit is due then. It''s after all only football, nobody died, and if we do manage to go up it''s how we''ll be next season with the likes of Chelsea, Man Uyd, etc.

Same as Sears, a couple of threats over the two games, and they supposedly have one of the more feared strike partnerships in the Championship, yet they are woefully under provided for, by MM''s tactics

It is weird how a fanbase who constantly bang on about how massive they are and how they have such an amazing history are so happy to now be the plucky underdog. In the four games we''ve played against them this season we''ve beaten them three times, outscored them 7-2 and never at any point actually been behind to them. Sure they played a good game in the first 45 but never really looked like scoring.

Hmmm - that binner straw-clutching is based on no evidence whatsoever from the previous three games: had they stayed 11 v 11 (presumably via their guy not handball ing) it''d have 1-0 to us, I''m doubtful they''d have even got their 1!

Yes. They are now claiming that the only reason they lost was the sending off as it was a game-changing moment. The game-changing moment was made in the Norwich dressing room at the interval when AN must have allied a few fears. We came out in the scond half determined to play our more cultured, passing game and, in short, play to our strengths rather than be dragged down to their (non) footballing methods.The penalty and subsequent sendingoff resulted from this and only made our task easier.In addition, their goal which typically came from a set piece was a scrambled affair, which would hardly be a contender for goal of the season. In fact, both their goals in the tie were scrambls in the area and not from genuine footballing build-ups.One idiot on TWTD perseverates that, although we won the tie,  the moral victory (?) was theirs, both on and off the pitch. How long will it take them to absorb the fact that they are firmly in the category of being a second rate, indepted club with no real hope of ever achieving much in the future. They already seem to think that they are a shoe-in for promotion next season. They continually over-rate their players and continually overlook the fact that any quality players they do possess (eg, McGoldrick) will likely be on their bikes before the start of next season with ME using the proceeds of the sale to ensure that the annual loss is mitigated ..... as happened with the Wickham money.

Yeah I just saw that "moral victory" message, how funny. To be fair a few of them are saying it''s ridiculous but it is comedy gold to read. A few of them are also saying that we might have beaten them, but we''ll never be them.

Thank god for that, I like being a debt free club with money in the bank who owns it''s stadium and training ground and has a sell out stadium regardless of what division we are in and not having an owner who has asset stripped our club and will pocket any money received from transfers etc.The delusion amongst them is unreal, some of them actually think they''ll have money to spend this summer!!

Feckin snitches[:@][url]https://twitter.com/IpswichTownFans[/url]

''We Robbed Them Of Their Victory''.

Err what? The way you rob someone of a victory is by beating them, not losing 3-1.

They are posturing as the underdog that almost overturned the big boys.

Sadly for them they didn''t almost overturn us but were well beaten.

As far as retreating into their smelly bunker and developing a small team mentality, I guess they had better get used to it.

I think we as fans are far more self critical. Their TWTD site is full of discussion about how great they are and that they are perhaps a few points off being an automatic choice for promotion. For me their football was truly quite one dimensional, lacking creativity and even skill. They state that Murphy is better than Jerome any day. He has had a wonderful season for them but goodness Cameron for me every time. He has loads more in his locker.

Incredible reactions on there. Really odd mentality

At the beginning of January they were 10 points ahead of us in second place, a point off top spot. A few months later they only just scraped into the last play off spot on goal difference, and 8 points below us. What kind of victory would they be claiming if it was them who had over hauled us, then stuffed us in the semi finals to go to Wembley ?  The truth is they fuked up badly, and only made that last spot because Derby also fuked up on the last day.They can talk all they like about how they will build from here for next season. Just as Wigan might have done after finishing in the play offs season 13/14. Or maybe Brighton who also finished in the play offs that previous season. The reality is that squads change during the summer, and the season before is no guarantee of any success the following season. We finished mid table twice in the PL, then were relegated. If there was money, or backing then there might just be a glimmer of hope for them. But there is not. In fact it''s most likely that Evans will cash in yet again where he can.  I also strongly believe that this was very much a transition season where clubs have been adapting to FFP. With the higher wage players being shifted on it will be a different Championship next season. Whether we are to be part we shall have to wait and see. But any optimism on our part will be based on us being a very well run club - rather than a very run down club.

"They already seem to think that they are a shoe-in for promotion next season."

WHAT??? Is that the same 1p5hit that barely made the playoffs this season? They''ll be firmly behind wolves,boro,brentford possibly the likes of forrest etc next season that''s for sure. They over achieved this season and it showed yesterday. Once murphy''s moved to a team with ambition for next season they will have FUNK ALL. Relegation is all they should be concerned about for next season. Those players that are still there come January will know Evan''s will sell them on for a lousy sum and their agents will be hard at work touting them to anyone and everyone. WE KNOW YOUR READING THIS AND GREEN IS SOOOOOO NOT YOUR COLOUR (in both senses)