Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

Stewards

I think next season I am going to apply to become a steward at Carrow Road. You get free entry to every home game, a nicely brightly coloured jacket and get to sit and watch your team.

It''s clear from Saturday''s match that that is all Stewards do, because they quite clearly had no idea what to do when it came to the pitch invasion.

We had a bearded old steward in the N&P who took his coat off, like a stripper, to the family crowd...

He, like all the fluorescent people, just stood there, pitch side and let the crowd do what they wanted.

Yeah it was a good laugh and everyone appeared to have a good time and fun. But you''ve only got to look at recent pitch invasions to see NCFC were not prepared and our stewards are quite clearly too old and slow.

I think you''ve missed something Lewis - they''re old and slow???? McCarthy had sneaked up to a few of them on the touchline and offered them contracts at Poorman Road for next season.

Clearly you guys weren''t behind the goal in the River End.... There was about 10 of us having a full out scrum with the stewards trying to get past. They definitely didn''t want us on the pitch.

Given that the club have themselves put up a video exclusively of footage of the pitch invasion on their Youtube channel and the local media have happily used many such photos alongside phrases such as "Amazing scenes" and "Joyous celebrations", I think it`s pretty obvious that the only people who took all the "No pitch invasion" stuff seriously were a bunch of joyless, anally-retentive miseryguts who don`t understand what football is all about.

I know a steward who good-naturedly tried to his job and dissuade people from going on....until he turned round and realised both his sons were on there! I also know that one of the players brothers happily joined in.