Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Middlesboro Tickets possible some available to NCFC Fans

As expected Middlesboro are struggling to sell all there Wembley tickets (Bless they did only get a average gate of 19000 season long) I think the FA will be offering NCFC a lot more.

Do not see how they can do that with the segregation rules....... Would be great if it happened but cannot see it.

Well, just looking at availability for our end, and it looks like we only have (a fair amount) on the Top Tier left, so we may need to ask for them!

No they aren;t now. They were selling slower at first because they have less season ticket holders than us but today they''ve gone on general sale and supposedly have 26,000 trying to buy them.

Let''s drop the big time charlie arrogance - its not what our fans or our football club are about.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Boro have effectively sold out, 17,000 sold on general sale this morning.[/quote]

So that effectively means Middlesboro will have more plastic fans at Wembley than true supporters.

I know. This post is about Boro tickets, who have sold 17,000 on general sale this morning and have now suspended sales.

Guys, Looks like your ticket situation is significantly worse than ours, it seems quiet complicated with very few tikcets going on generalsale. For Boro, 21,000 ticket sold to season tickets holders and Boro pride members and the rest went on sale this morning and have gone. It''s been bedlam with on-line tickets and phone numbers all crashing out, you would think ticket master could get it right. I hope it goes better with your tickets, loads of regulars who don''t have season tickets have not managed to get tickets so god knows who is buying them !! And yes, compared to you guys our attendances over the last few season have been very low, we averaged 32,000 in 2005 down to 28,000 in 2009 and then relegation has seen that drop steadily to an average of 16,00 last season. I think you''ll see a lot of old Boro shirts at Wembley on Monday ! That said, plastic fans or not, ask any Brentford fan about the atmosphere on Friday night, 33,000 fans make a lot of noise ! Here looking forward to a great final and the end of one hell of a season for both clubs

The initial sale period for Season Ticket holders / Priority Members at NCFC is too long. There will now be two days with very little happening, then it will be chaos again as of Wednesday 6pm when the second round opens. NCFC are then hoping that all remaining tickets will be snapped up by ST holders / PMs who wish to purchase second tickets with no plans for a general sale at all.

I think its just the fact that Boro have a bigger ground and less season ticket holders so they are going to have more "casual fans" because you can presumably get a ticket for pretty much any game at the Riverside you want.

In contrast we still have loads of season ticket holders because its the only way to absolutely guarantee getting into Carrow Road for certain games.

I tend to think that the way our club has organised the tickets is a bit better in the sense that there has not really been a scrum like Boro had and hopefully very few deserving fans will miss out. That said I agree with Matt that the period for St holders and members is perhaps too long and I am a bit uncomfortable with the way they have basically exploited the situation to flog priority memberships which have allowed some fans who could never have seen us play before to have the same priority as a season ticket holder.

It does seem that we''ve given s-t/members far too long a period (as we did for the s-f), boro too short (was reading that they had real problems yesterday but tickets went on general sale this morning), they appear to have suspended sales so that they can take stock and ensure their priority groups get their allocation - they certainly aren''t sold out yet.

It does appear that we are headed for a proper sellout, both are decent sets of supporters.

Reading the early spiel did suggest the allocations were ''initial'' as though more could be made available - hopefully we can (both) have a few k more.

Mamamali, the main difference as I understand it is that your tickets went on general sale with a limit of four tickets per person, whilst we are stuck with one per season-ticket holder or priority member until tomorrow at 6pm when exactly the same group can get one more each! I`ve even read of away season-ticket holders who can`t make home games (therefore haven`t got a home season-ticket or membership card) being basically screwed unless they can find someone to get them a ticket.

I don`t think any system can be totally fair in these circumstances and by nature I hate restrictions which mean you have to buy in dribs and drabs as I like to go with a good group of mates, but I think we may have got it right on this occasion. At least pretty much anyone who ends up with a ticket will have a strong affiliation with the club, and the idea of the carnage that would`ve ensued if it had been general sale with four tickets per person doesn`t bear thinking about.

[quote user="mamamali"]Guys, Looks like your ticket situation is significantly worse than ours, it seems quiet complicated with very few tikcets going on generalsale. For Boro, 21,000 ticket sold to season tickets holders and Boro pride members and the rest went on sale this morning and have gone. It''s been bedlam with on-line tickets and phone numbers all crashing out, you would think ticket master could get it right. I hope it goes better with your tickets, loads of regulars who don''t have season tickets have not managed to get tickets so god knows who is buying them !! And yes, compared to you guys our attendances over the last few season have been very low, we averaged 32,000 in 2005 down to 28,000 in 2009 and then relegation has seen that drop steadily to an average of 16,00 last season. I think you''ll see a lot of old Boro shirts at Wembley on Monday ! That said, plastic fans or not, ask any Brentford fan about the atmosphere on Friday night, 33,000 fans make a lot of noise ! Here looking forward to a great final and the end of one hell of a season for both clubs[/quote]

Fair-weather fans, jumping on a bandwagon or what! We had relegation to League 1 and the fans still stayed.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Mamamali, the main difference as I understand it is that your tickets went on general sale with a limit of four tickets per person, whilst we are stuck with one per season-ticket holder or priority member until tomorrow at 6pm when exactly the same group can get one more each! I`ve even read of away season-ticket holders who can`t make home games (therefore haven`t got a home season-ticket or membership card) being basically screwed unless they can find someone to get them a ticket.

I don`t think any system can be totally fair in these circumstances and by nature I hate restrictions which mean you have to buy in dribs and drabs as I like to go with a good group of mates, but I think we may have got it right on this occasion. At least pretty much anyone who ends up with a ticket will have a strong affiliation with the club, and the idea of the carnage that would`ve ensued if it had been general sale with four tickets per person doesn`t bear thinking about.[/quote]

The away season ticket thing is ridiculous though. There are only 300 away season ticket holders. Most will have season tickets so the number who don''t will be very low. I really don''t understand why they could not have been given the same priority as season ticket holders and priority members. Someone who has been to 20 away games this season could miss out although you would hope they''d know enough people to get a ticket.

Mr Carrow, totally agree, the loyal Norwich fans will mostly be the ones who get to go to Wembley. Not sure what a priority member is but assume it means shelling out cash? We don''t have the same problem in the sense that we have a smaller season ticket and priority (Boro Pride) membership leaving 17,000 tickets to be snapped up by whoever can get the on-line website of the phone number to actually work. Not the best way I admit, maybe some kinda loyalty system for those who did turn up this season would have been nice but with so few regular fans it was always going to be a free for all, I also think 4 tickets each was wrong as this will no doubt lead to a be of touting. Orderin tickets today was a nightmare Ticket Master have a lot to answer for regarding this as I know numerous people who had problems this morning dealing with just 17,000 tickets. God knows who manges to deal with 130,000 Glastonbury tickets in hours but could have done with them doing our ticket sales ! Some of our season tickets holders have been unsuccessful in getting sorted so the club has stopped selling and give them a chance tomorrow morning to grab what''s left, I can''t believe that will be more than a 1,000 tickets held back. Any remaining go in general sale tomorrow afternoon. All that said from your point of view late Wednesday is very late indeed for your general sale..good luck and here''s to a final that is mostly football fans although if Wembley holds 88,000 that''s 12,000 neutrals which in my eyes is about 10,000 too many !!

Well it`s good to see your club have had the sense to ensure season-ticket holders will get a ticket. I should think we are kicking ourselves that we have left it so late for the next batch of tickets to be available, although perhaps they see the quiet "window" of tomorrow and Weds until 6pm as a good opportunity to get the first and biggest batch sent out? They were selling loads of priority membership in the last few weeks and even stopped that before Saturdays game- probably because they worried that so many would join up that some would miss out on tickets anyway and create a huge fuss. At £20 a pop for the privilege of buying tickets for two matches, they`ve done ok out of it though!

But I think both clubs can be proud of the demand and to think that combined we could have probably outsold Glastonbury! Let`s hope a few of those 12k "hangers-on" tickets find their way to genuine `Boro or City fans (I`ve got a feeling they might....) and here`s to a great occasion!