Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

Palace V Inter - what we can expect later this week!

I had the opportunity to watch Palace V Inter Milan last night, and I''d thought I''d give you all a quick run down on our opponents later this week, and our Championship rivals.

First off it was a nightmare getting into the ground. Every single person was individually searched, and all bags searched. I don''t know if this was a stipulation made by Inter given the recent problems in London, but there were huge long queues at every gate into the ground. The kick-off was delayed by 30 mins. Whether this will happen at Carrow Road I don''t know. But be warned it might.

And the game. Inter won 2-0, and quite frankly it could''ve been much worse! Inter were absolute quality, all over the pitch. Adriano up front is top drawer. Big, strong, pacey, powerful, with fantastic skill. His partner, Martins, looks very good too, very quick with quick feet. And they link up well too. Time and again these two would take on about 6 Palace players and create a shooting chance. Okay most of the Palace defence looked like a bunch of cloggers, but they were still made to look very average. The Inter midfield also kept the ball supremely well, switching the ball from one side to the other very quickly, using the full width of the pitch. Also Stankovitch scored an outstanding goal from 25 yards. In defence they were assured, and have a giant centre back who must by about 6''6!

As for Palace, they looked pretty poor. Couldn''t keep the ball at all. They only created chances by hitting long balls for AJ to chase using his pace. Saying that Jobi Macunuff on the left wing looked good - very pacey and caused a couple of problems, but looked a bit small. Although it was of course only a friendly, as some of the Palace midfield stood off Inter a lot and just strolled around a lot.

So, we are in for a tough game! We will have to be at our best to compete with Inter. Our midfield must be able to close down, and then keep the ball. And our defence is in for a torrid time. They must be at their best to keep Adriano and Martins out!

Thanks for the input Poirot. It appears that they are in possession of my dream centre back. The trick is how do we pry him loose, to make his Norwich experience absolutely unforgettable. Can we line up several of the best, young Norwich blondes available, dressed for the occasion in Dallas Cowboy style cheerleader attire ( except yellow and green of course ) who will jump up and down on the sidelines with big cardboard poters with his face and "we love you ??????" slogans on them, teach 25,000 fans before the game how to chant his name in "Huckerby" fashion, make sure Nigel does the quick course of conversational Italian in 24 hours ( I presume this fellow is Italian ) and finally, have a yellow and green Ferrari available for his personal use along with a key to the city. Have I missed anything? Okay, let''s get busy.

Hi YC, amusing post, but you have without doubt, and I''ve checked it twice, you''ve missed his hundred thousand a week wages!!!!!