Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Ric

Driving and tube !!

Depends which way you''re coming, but Arnos Grove, North London on the Piccadilly line has a bit of parking. High Barnet, on the Northern Line, also ok,

Stanmore park is ok. Decent sized car park and also parking in residents drives available close to the car park entrance. Tube is only £3 return to Wembley with contact less card or Oyster card.

Does this network rail strike effect any of the underground stations?

Hillingdon is a good place to park for Wembley. It has a large car park and is only about 20mins by tube. It is only a pound to park there too.

Its also only about 10mins down the M40 after the M25. Its about a minute off the M40 too. I always use this for Wembley or going to Central London for a weekend

Epping

Debden

Redbridge

Newbury Park

Cockfosters

High Barnet

All of these are a much longer tube journey from Wembley than Stanmore but you''re not likely to have to worry about getting a space (he says).

I was thinking Stratford. M11 then A12. Turn off into the Olympic Park and heat for westfield shopping centre. £6 a day parking.... Tube it to Wembley....Change tubes and Oxford Circus to get up to Wembley Central.

Longer tube ride but might not be so rammed.

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]Thanks for your help people. What distance tube drive are these from here ?![/quote]

All irrelevant I''m afraid guys. To the best of my knowledge, tube strikes are happening on match day.

Don''t know whether people such as Carpetbomber are being idiots and just stirring, but the tube network as a whole is not affected by the Network Rail strike. The only slight knock on could be on the small parts of the network where tube trains share National Rail tracks, such as on the northern section of the Bakerloo line.

Some also mentioned High Wycombe above, but that''s on the Chiltern line, not the tube, so that will also be on strike, should it go ahead.

You beat me to it ICF. That''s the problem when you start typing a post and then have to deal with a 6 month old halfway through!

When i lived in Milton Keynes, i often drove to stanmore and got the tube into London. Wembleys on the same line and take about 10-15 mins max to get to wembley.

There is a large carpark there which has cheap rates on sundays and bank holidays, but if full there is on street pay and dispaly parking too. It is a bit further round than other stations but in the long run you will probably save time on train changes.

[quote user="Dave"]

When i lived in Milton Keynes, i often drove to stanmore and got the tube into London. Wembleys on the same line and take about 10-15 mins max to get to wembley.

There is a large carpark there which has cheap rates on sundays and bank holidays, but if full there is on street pay and dispaly parking too. It is a bit further round than other stations but in the long run you will probably save time on train changes.

[/quote]You''ll also save time on the way out as well. They queue at Wembley Park going out of the city will be a lot shorter than city-bound.This is what I''m planing to do. Just not sure how quick the car park will fill up.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Dave"]

[/quote]

You''ll also save time on the way out as well. They queue at Wembley Park going out of the city will be a lot shorter than city-bound.

This is what I''m planing to do. Just not sure how quick the car park will fill up.
[/quote]

You get a nice view of Barnets new ground too!!

[quote user="Ginja"]This suggests that the Underground will be affected, tried looking elsewhere to find more confirmation of what''s going to exactly be affected but can''t seem to find much on it, anyone else have any more information on the matter?
[/quote]I think they list every service on there that they expect to have an impact to - no matter how much. The impact to the tube will be increased congestion due to overground services not running.This article from The Independent appears to back that up.http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-rail-strikes-rmt-union-to-vote-on-most-disruptive-industrial-action-in-living-memory-10243787.html"Many passengers affected by a strike would switch to the roads, sharply

increasing congestion. The London Tube would also see increased

passenger numbers."
But I agree we are all a little in the dark about the overall impact.Personally, I think this is a horrible tactic by the RMT union.

As I''ve posted twice already on here, the only slight knock on could be on the small parts of the network where tube trains share National Rail tracks, such as on the northern section of the Bakerloo line (north of Queens Park, including Wembley Central).

All of the core tube network will be running, including the Met and Jubilee lines to Wembley Park, other than any planned engineering work, which can be found here: https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/status/?startDate=2015-05-23T00%3a00%3a00&endDate=2015-05-25T23%3a59%3a59

TFL maintenance is independent of that from British rail or whatever they want to call themselves

Where you will be affected is shared lines Abbas other posters state increased numbers on tfl services

I always park at redbridge when going to London, cheap to park and easy to get too as its literally just off the M11

Just booked a parking space with Just Park (used them before and like them) £22.50, less than 10 mins walk, park from 11.30am till 6.30pm, better than official parking with massive congestion leaving.

For those driving then tubing it from Norwich using A505/A1 Stanmore car park is quite large, is around £5.00 for the day, but likely to fill up as Boro fans who are driving would more than likely be using the A1(M). Would probably need to arrive early-ish.

There’s street parking at Canons Park (next stop down the Jubilee line) but restrictions which may or may not apply on a Bank Holiday, not really sure. The restriction zone ends around half mile from CP station. No idea re parking Queensbury + Kingsbury.

My local station Northwick Park is the first station on the Met Line outside the event parking zone (link below) and there’s no restriction but it does get crowded around the station. There’s also a big pub, the Travellers Rest, only a couple of minutes walk from Northwick Park station. It’s a Premier Inn pub, will no doubt be less crowded than pubs around Wembley.

http://brent.gov.uk/media/1973329/Event%20day%20parking%20zone%20map.pdf

The event parking zone is around 30 minutes walk from Wembley.

A one off tube paper ticket is expensive might be up to £4 so if you don’t have an Oyster Card it won’t be cheap.

I am planning to park at Stanmore. I think it is only £2.00 for the day on Bank Holidays, easy to get to and Wembley Park is just 4 stops down the Jubilee Line. The old Oyster card is ready for action.