Sign in to follow this  
tricky974

If we win, what transfers are needed?

We would have RVW back which may or may not be a good thing but looking at our squad would it cope with the Premier league Johnson would not be scoring for fun and Jerome could not bully defenders in the same way he has been, who and what do we need I ask because I normally the guys on here have some good ideas do we look at the teams gone down or the teams that failed to gain promotion??

I''m not sure who specifically but we need a right back, a smart, organising centre back, a versatile attacking midfelder and a hard working forward who''s very good on the ball and can really affect a game, link up play and carry the ball for our other striker to play off

The defence (as actual defenders) is the only area that worries me though. Even though we played extremely defensively last time we still struggled to keep the ball out of our net

A new CB and some competition for Tettey in the DM role would be my highest priority if we win next week.Then it would all be about trimming the squad and replacing some fringe players with younger/better guys that fit AN''s game better.

Certainly nicer to think about this than what will happen if we don''t win.

A quality centre back.A quality wide-man.I propose we stick with the rest, even Voo whose Carrow Road career has been, for various reasons, disappointing to say the least.One or two seem destined for an exit with the most prominent being Garrido, who I feel has been unlucky. Turner could be on his bike as well as AN clearly doesn''t fancy him. Hooper often has an air of disgruntlement, but I would want him to remain and I suppose there will be the anuual pruning of the youngsters.One thing for sure is that we would not , initially, need the level of expenditure as in the past, especially when Hughton had to virtually purchase a new defense.Go with what we have, basically, and adress weaknesses in the winter.

We will need better quality across the whole pitch - many of the current starters are good squad players a level up but simply lack the quality, strength and pace needed for the prem;   in particular the centre backs & strikers will need improving.

we should always be looking to improve.. no sentiment in football... if we can get a better player tan Johnson, Ruddy, Redmond etc then we should do so and those players will be on the bench.

Harsh reality but our aim is to establish not to give jobs to the boys

I''d love it if we tried to sign Gareth Bale.

Of course you always need to look to add quality BUT you''ve got to strike the right balance to avoid spoiling the spirit in the camp.

RB, a dominant centre half, a ball playing centre half, a big centre mid powerhouse, another wide man, another Wes type and a tall powerful centre forward.

That should do nicely....

So, before the eleven players pull on the jersey and go out to give it their all on Monday, we are deciding which ones we want to keep and which we want to let go if they win.Nice.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]I''m not sure who specifically but we need a right back, a smart, organising centre back, a versatile attacking midfelder and a hard working forward who''s very good on the ball and can really affect a game, link up play and carry the ball for our other striker to play off

The defence (as actual defenders) is the only area that worries me though. Even though we played extremely defensively last time we still struggled to keep the ball out of our net[/quote]

Actually we ONLY struggled to do that when Turner was on the field. It looks like Alex Neil has learned what true s--- he is, so that won''t be an issue.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]So, before the eleven players pull on the jersey and go out to give it their all on Monday, we are deciding which ones we want to keep and which we want to let go if they win.Nice.[/quote]

What?

Every club that has and ever will be promoted needs strengthening. Of course everyone appreciates the job they''re doing this year but it would be negligent to the extreme to stick with this team solely next year if we go up!