Sign in to follow this  
bailojnr

TOTTENHAM & WINGERS

IF THE DAVIDS DEAL GOES THROUGH THIS SHOULD IMPROVE OUR CHANCES OF SIGNING MARNEY! IF MARNEY DOES COME IN THE ONLY THING WE ARE LACKING (DEPENDING ON WHAT HAPPENS WITH FRANCIS) IS A WINGER WITH PACE AND THE ABILITY TO SKIN THE DEFENDER IN FRONT OF HIM & PUT A DECENT CROSS IN!
ASHTON WILL SCORE AN IMENSE AMOUNT OF GOALS IF WE CAN FIND THIS WINGER. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHO IS OUT THERE OTHER THAN KRISTIANSON?

I thought Jonson would have done a good job on the right wing in this division... but for the amount we got for him.... cheerio!!

Can''t think of anyone else... apart from K....r...i..s..t..i..a.n.....sorry. Buy Him!

[quote]IF THE DAVIDS DEAL GOES THROUGH THIS SHOULD IMPROVE OUR CHANCES OF SIGNING MARNEY! IF MARNEY DOES COME IN THE ONLY THING WE ARE LACKING (DEPENDING ON WHAT HAPPENS WITH FRANCIS) IS A WINGER WITH PACE A...[/quote]

I think the introduction of good right winger is very important.  It''s great that we have Ashton up front but he will only score goals if we give him the right service.  I think the problem is identifying who this player is and having the funds to get them.  It''s very easy for me to sit here and say "We need a right winger who has pace and can cross and dribble" but in reality it''s a lot harder to bring that sort of player in,

Dean Marney can play on the wing, Kris Commons of Forest although Im pretty sure hes left-footed, Derek Riordan of Hibs but he tends to cut in and shoot rather than cross, but Jan Kristiansen would be the perfect winger for us and cost less than the others. If not Hendo can cross the ball and skin a player, given a chance he could turn out to be class as he has always impressed me playing for the England u19s and he always gets stuck in.

Big season for Worthy''s love child and judging by the pin-point cross he put in against Colchester, i''d say he is in pole position for the right wing vacancy.

PLEASE stop talking about Kristiansen. He is a Danish international.

They are not allowed to play in the fizzy league we all know that e.g. Helveg.

Henderson will do fantastically in the Champ. Give him a chance and he''ll do the bizz.

Much as I would like Henderson to be the answer to our right wing problems I cannot see it myself. He is far to lightweight and is knocked off the ball to easily to be a success in the fizzy league. He is also far to inconsistent and I will fear for our sason if worthy doesn''t bring someone in.

Bentley also go tknocked off the ball very easily. Well, I hope we get Marney too. But there''s one thing for certain, we won''t be getting another Danish International. So chant til your lungs bleed - it will be for nothing.

People seem to have forgotten how many goals Deano scored for Crewe before coming to NCFC in Jan - he scored 20 with minimal service.

With our current midfield he will have a field-day in the fizzy. I am backing him to score 30 minimum. I believe that Deano was very impressed with Hendo''s cross at Colchester so lets give the kid a chance, he could be the answer to our right sided difficulties.

If Marney arrives then that is a bonus. If Francis does leave then I think we can be certain Worthy will invest wisely, if not then we have a good player with prem experience on our books and Worthy will "get his head right" in time for him to make a valuable contribution to our promotion season.

cheers''n gone