Sign in to follow this  
quentin

Who's the ref for the Play-Off Final?

Hope he doesn''t prove to be Middlesbrough''s 12th man as has so often happened this season against they''re opposition.Boro''s dodgy tactics would and should get short shrift from a decent ref [Y]I won''t hold my breath mind [A]

[quote user="Locky_football"]I don''t think it''s been announced yet:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/matchofficialsnews.aspx[/quote]Cheers for the link [Y]When is the ref likely to be announced?

You could also look here, does already have the L1 play off ref named. I guess they want to name a decent PL ref (if they are any!) and are waiting on the final PL round of games to be named?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2015/Championship-Play-Off-Final/Championship-Play-Off-Final

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]You could also look here, does already have the L1 play off ref named. I guess they want to name a decent PL ref (if they are any!) and are waiting on the final PL round of games to be named?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2015/Championship-Play-Off-Final/Championship-Play-Off-Final[/quote]Cheers for that, BP -- people are probably thinking that whoever''s the ref is not that big of a deal -- for reasons explained in my initial post I think it is.You''re likely right about it being a Premier ref, but if were to be one of the chaps who refereed the Championship Play-Offs who would people prefer out of the following?:JONATHAN MOSS ?ANTHONY TAYLOR ?LEE MASON ?ROGER EAST ?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I thought both Taylor and Mason were good in both legs, better than what we usually get in the championship.[/quote]Mason, refereed the Middlesbrough v Brentford tie, Lessy.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I thought both Taylor and Mason were good in both legs, better than what we usually get in the championship.[/quote]
Assuming you mean Roger East, I thought he had a decent match.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I thought both Taylor and Mason were good in both legs, better than what we usually get in the championship.[/quote]
[/quote]He did indeed and he seems the type who wouldn''t put up with too much of Middlesbrough''s bullsh*t [Y] The latter with their players awful antics at Carrow Road was as plain as the nose on ones f*cking face and I can''t understand for the life of me how that ref (and others who''ve ref''d ''Boro games) get away with showing so little discipline. The amount of yellow, hence red cards that should''ve been displayed that fateful evening would''ve rendered Middlesbrough down to eight men at least.

I hope it''s one that clamps down on Norwich''s thuggish behaviour. Bassong and that other carthorse you''ve got, Martin? Kicking, kneeing, even clotheslining people round the neck.

Hopefully he''ll keep an eye on Hoolahan diving as well.

[quote]I hope it''s one that clamps down on Norwich''s thuggish behaviour. Bassong and that other carthorse you''ve got, Martin? Kicking, kneeing, even clotheslining people round the neck.

Hopefully he''ll keep an eye on Hoolahan diving as well.[/quote]Has your manager & players ever heard of thing called ''Fair play''? It''s mostly understood to mean using only tactics that are in accord with the spirit of the sport - it doesn''t incorporate diving or simulation in order to put opposition off their stride or have them cautioned unnecessarily and it certainly doesn''t make for great viewing - you''ll always struggle to garner the respect of football fans worldwide with that sh*t. Your dubious tactics will backfire - A decent ref will see to it [Y]

Tw@t.

Aye, keep the narrative up. It''ll make you feel better if you get beat again.

For all our supposedly dodgy behaviour, we were the ones who had both our strikers injured from late, cynical fouls. Also, we weren''t the ones who had a player booked for diving to try and win a penalty, the epitome of bad sportsmanship.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I thought both Taylor and Mason were good in both legs, better than what we usually get in the championship.[/quote]
[/quote]

Apologies i did mean Roger East, not Mason !

Dimbo ~ [quote]Aye, keep the narrative up. It''ll make you feel better if you get beat again.

For all our supposedly dodgy behaviour, we were the ones who had both our strikers injured from late, cynical fouls. Also, we weren''t the ones who had a player booked for diving to try and win a penalty, the epitome of bad sportsmanship.[/quote]Why doesn''t it surprise me that you fail to comprehend why players would get frustrated and lash out in some way owing to sh*tty tactics from the opposition toward the end of such a crucial match? I''ll tell you why it doesn''t surprise me: You''re in a constant state of denial - you''re a liar - just like your mother lies to you about being your fathers sister.

[quote user="quentin"]Dimbo ~ [quote]Aye, keep the narrative up. It''ll make you feel better if you get beat again.

For all our supposedly dodgy behaviour, we were the ones who had both our strikers injured from late, cynical fouls. Also, we weren''t the ones who had a player booked for diving to try and win a penalty, the epitome of bad sportsmanship.[/quote]Why doesn''t it surprise me that you fail to comprehend why players would get frustrated and lash out in some way owing to sh*tty tactics from the opposition toward the end of such a crucial match? I''ll tell you why it doesn''t surprise me: You''re in a constant state of denial - you''re a liar - just like your mother lies to you about being your fathers sister.[/quote]Well, I f*cked that up [:$] But it''s obvious she is [:D]

If Bamford was so badly hurt the first time he wasted 5 minutes, how on Earth did he manage to continue for the full 90? And if he was in such agony, why didn''t he get subbed off? Or go to the touchline to get treatment instead of crumpling in a heap 5 yards away from it and wasting another 5 minutes shortly after the first 5 he wasted?

Vossen fell awkwardly, I think most of us accept his as a genuine injury.

That stupid pr1ck in goal though... Timewasting at goal kicks inside the first 30mins of a game? Rolling round like he''d been shot with no-one around him and then a Lazarus like recovery...

Then you have Ayala who went down so pathetically and blatantly falsely that Bassong was enraged and dragged him back up. It''s at 2:20 on the highlights here if you need reminding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbznaPy-yRs

There''s nothing "supposedly" about your tactics being "dodgy", they were just downright sh1t.

By the way, nice attempt to re-write history, but Vossen wasn''t injured by a "late, cynical foul" he was injured because he went shoulder to shoulder with one of ours in a 50/50 and wasn''t strong enough.

If you''re stupid enough to believe what you''re saying about your tactics being entirely legitimate, then it just shows a lack of integrity.

You keep chirping on about Hoolahan diving, but that was one occasion vs about 20.

I hope we get a lenient ref, and Tettey and Johnno can teach your players what it''s like to actually get injured. I hope Bamford gets snapped early doors. Karma is a b*tch.

What are you talking about you divvy? That brute Bassong was kicking anything that moved from minute one.

And someone from your neck of the woods making jokes about inbreeding? Ha, give yourself a high six pal.

Dim-squad ~ [quote]What are you talking about you divvy? That brute Bassong was kicking anything that moved from minute one.

And someone from your neck of the woods making jokes about inbreeding? Ha, give yourself a high six pal.[/quote]Huge influx of folk from all over to the beautiful city of Norwich in the last twenty years - plenty to mix the ol'' gene pool up here.Who the f*ck moves to Middlesbrough? [:D][:D][:D]

As opposed to the one who looks like a continental used car salesman and encourages his players to cheat? I''ll take the gargoyle every time thanks.