Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Boro fans a very confident lot

Occasionally I like to see the lie of the land and reading through a few forums they feel they have a classy team and strength in depth. They think it''s strange that at home we felt their tactics were cynical and pointed out Wes''s dive of course. It''s true the game could have lasted another 45 and we wouldn''t have scored IMO. So they think the game will be comparatively easy as we are a footballing team and that plays to their strengths rather than the Binners.

The Boro fans on here also have a kind of confident sense of themselves too. Perhaps a little smugness hidden away there too.....after all coming on an away fans forum needs a certain cockiness.

So perhaps we go into this game as the underdog in terms of their mentality. I don''t think they are arrogant like the scum have even. But they sense a rolling over.

I think 1-1 at full time and see a much closer game than their fans believe. For sure we haven''t event got one goal past them this season. John Ruddy also stated that they were the best team he has seen in the division. Progessionals often know. Anyway, just hope we pull out one off our best performances. Have we got that big game mentality. Karanka seems to think his team has! It could an error of judgement or a touch of Chelsa type hype.

Useful to know. Any premonitions for the game yet sonyc?

I can understand them being confident; after all, we struggled to make an impact against them at CR. I wonder if their players may be a touch complacent also?

Just hoping - and expecting - that AN will have learnt the lessons from that defeat.

Just extra time ICF and a very late goal, ie between 117-120 minutes. Just don''t know who!

I guess we''d be confident had we doubled them, but IMO you can certainly exclude the away game as too long ago and a different manager/mindset; the home game is still fresh in the memory to ensure we focus perhaps harder not to be caught out and the circumstances of that game certainly didn''t favour us with two hard away games directly preceding it. IMO they will find a much different/better Norwich come next Monday.

I''d actually like to know how football fans in the North East (a Labour stronghold) can afford to attend football at today''s prices? Do they get some kind of allowance/subsidy?

Another Boro fan here........ (Definitely not a WUM)

Just a couple of things I feel I need to defend about the Boro.

Confident

Not sure about this. Most of the supporters I know will be sh****** bricks with this game. And almost every man would have preferred to play Ipswich in the final than your lot. Can we win it. Of course we can, we''ve played some outstanding football this season (I''ll come onto away at your place in a minute) but Derby home and away Forrest home milwall away and a few more too boot. WILL we win. Now that''s a lot harder to call. You have the better players and probably best squad in the championship imo and am still a little surprised you didn''t get top two. Maybe your start to the season left too much to be done. But if we click we can hold our own with anyone in this league.

Game at Carrow rd (takes deep breath)

You''d be crazy if you thought we should come at you at your place. Committing bodies forward, leading a high line with large pockets of space behind. You would have cut us to ribbons. So we played ugly. We also did this to Brentford first leg as they pass the ball well too. I agree it''s horrible to watch. Leeds did it to us at our place. We gifted them the lead then they stopped us playing (added with their keeper playing a worldie) it''s so frustrating but there are many ways to win a football match its up to each coach to figure it out each game. So even if you didn''t like it, take it as a compliment.

Boro fans

Not sure what forums you''re reading but if it''s FMTTM yes you are gonna come across a special breed of people. I cringe every time I look on there. The Facebook page is a advertisement of ''Why cousins shouldn''t fu€k. I would recommend oneBoro forum. You will get a more balanced view and are more than welcome to join in

My promise

If we win, you will never hear from me again.

If you win. I will come back on here to congratulate you for gaining promotion in what has been the most competitive championship season in years.

My predictions

You will 60% possession.

We will try and boss midfield

The team that scores first will win

Uwe out ......

The coaching staff/AN will have re evaluted how we play and what needs to be done.There will also be a different referee who I''m sure will not tolerate the grotesque play acting and cheating as in the last game.  Will we really see Boro players collapsing in fake agony as they walk out on the red carpet, or rolling around on the floor after briefly shaking the hand of the dignatory ?  Time wasting when the two captains go up to toss the coin ? I doubt very much.

Maybe, just maybe, he may afford a degree of comfort to Paddy Bamford who had lumps kicked off him. For 15mins we tortured you. Bamford was got at so we stayed deep. You''re not as good as you think you are. UTFB!

Good post uwe and if you do win you should come back to post. I think this game is far to close to call and I hope we have been practicing our penalties.

Firstly, I think this game is going to be very VERY tight. 1 goal will probably seperate the teams at the end.

On the topic of over confidence, I believe it was your winger who has come out and said we have "just got lucky" this season against Norwich?

Brentford made the mistake of coming out and slagging Boro off before the second leg of the semi''s, and we destroyed them in that game, so I dont think that the over confidence will come from our side.

Hope you all have a top day, but dont enjoy the result too much!!!

[quote user="ayresomeangel"]Firstly, I think this game is going to be very VERY tight. 1 goal will probably seperate the teams at the end.

On the topic of over confidence, I believe it was your winger who has come out and said we have "just got lucky" this season against Norwich?

Brentford made the mistake of coming out and slagging Boro off before the second leg of the semi''s, and we destroyed them in that game, so I dont think that the over confidence will come from our side.

Hope you all have a top day, but dont enjoy the result too much!!![/quote]Then you believe wrong and have and have quoted your local rags poor attempt at twisting what he said which was ......."When we played them here we battered them and they got lucky with an Alex Tettey own goal"Whoscored gave these stats for your side at our place.30 % possession and a 48% pass success rate at our place which was the worst for any team we played, yes you got lucky

A daft thing to say (... as a win would have got us auto prom) but given where we are now the 0-1 defeat could work to our advantage. We have seen first hand that Boro are a well drilled, professional outfit that are difficult to break down. I expect (and hope) AN has done masses of work in the last few days with the team to put together a game plan to put them under pressure. And hopefully to make sure we turn up for the first 20 minutes this time!