Sign in to follow this  
Carpetbomber

Why do people queue?

Because sometimes its the only way....... I for one had both my season tickets on one Customer Number...... The only way to get to Wembley tickets was to go to carra road....... phoning a waste of time....... sticks toungue out at you!

I spoke to people in the queue today and they had various internet problems!

We had this problem:

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/mobilepinkun/cs/forums/3248094/ShowPost.aspx

The queue should''ve been just you, then :-)

It is odd, old habits do die hard for sure - I don''t trust the net for banking, but being in Surrey was more than happy to trust it late last night (with a 2 min wait) for my tickets!!

Loved the camaraderie today met loads of interesting people got different perspectives on the game.

Really enjoyed the 2 and a half hours I spent queuing. You don''t get that on t''internet

Queue ? Because that what the British do, especially some ST holders who got up early on a Sunday to wait outside the Ticket Office in the p*ssing rain just to claim their ticket for yesterday''s match even though they had 10 days to do it.Even that''s not as bad as the Russians were during the hard-line Commie days of big shortages when the joke went that if a Russian saw a queue outside a shop he/she would join it without asking why it was there.

[quote user="Harry Kidd"]Loved the camaraderie today met loads of interesting people got different perspectives on the game.

Really enjoyed the 2 and a half hours I spent queuing. You don''t get that on t''internet[/quote]

Oh yes you do. And it''s not just a local thing for people within spitting distance (so to speak) of the stadium. Online you meet interesting people with a perspective of supporting City from all over the world. You meet a lot of planks too. But plenty of them also live withing spitting distance (so to speak) of Carrow Road.[;)]

Problem with the internet was the 5 minute sessions, I was kicked out 4 times before securing my tickets and then had to buy two with somebody sitting between my son and I. this doesn''t happen at the box office as you can talk to people.

My mate had to go and queue as the system didn''t recognise him as a season ticket holder. When you don''t have telephone lines open to help when the machines have failed you, what else can you do? Damn machines will be the death of us! SKYNET will kill us all!

Someone else I know said they just couldn''t work out the website. Some of our older generation of fans just aren''t able to work the internet and instead opted to queue. Don''t blame them. I remember having to operate Sky TV for my Nan because she couldn''t work it out.

Some people have different circumstances, it hardly impacts your life does it?

Nutty, it really annoys me how some people stereotype the older generation.

Though having said that, the reception on my microwave is really shyte.

a lot of people don''t have the internet /computers/tablets

and tbh the 20 minute waits being quoted are nothing

also know some people who don''t have debit or credit cards and one of them is a season ticket holder