Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

County Hall Car Park

Is indeed true and with R1 big weekend parkings gonna be a nightmare

Well that should be over by sunday night. Are they letting people park at carrow road ? i assume not.

Earlier in the week Norwich were stating that there would be limited parking available at Carrow Road, but none at County Hall.

Norwich have now announced that a second set of coaches will depart from The Norfolk Showground and there WILL be parking available there.

"Coach travel is now full from County Hall

We have arranged another departure point, this time it''s from the Norfolk Show Ground

The actual departure point is just off the roundabout opposite the Showground Hotel.

Parking is available for supporters to park their cars.

Coaches will be departing between 8am and 10am

As a condition of purchase, a ticket for the away fixture must have been purchased from Norwich City Football Club"

I understand why they''re not having parking as they only have around 800 spaces at County Hall.

As you''ve said there are potentially 6000 leaving from County Hall which would require (on average of four people per car) 1500 car parking spaces.

Add into the equation the fact there will be around 120 coaches (average of 50 people per coach) that will need space and likely take up a hell of a lot of those car park spaces, it''s just a logistical nightmare.

However, I do think there should be some spaces set aside for disabled badge holders. I know a few who booked their coach travel but due to their condition would be unable to walk from Carrow Road (or anywhere they could park) to get the coach. I think they''re going to try and call and see if they can change to the Showground so they can park and walk a short distance to their coach.

As so much of our. Council Tax has been blown by a totally incompetent incinerator fiasco, I would have thought the idiots that have control of county hall might see the opertunity to generate a bit of cash from car parking on Monday.