Sign in to follow this  
kentcanary

Only Martin??

Anyone know if Martin is the only current player to have appeared at Wembley. Was wondering if maybe Olsson or Tettey have played internationals there.

I think Howson and Johnson have been there with Leeds against Doncaster back in League 1. Howson at least since he was there as a youngster. He scored the goal that got them there. Says Johnson in the teamsheet as well. I don''t know if they both played though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2300578/Leeds-Wembley-bound-after-Howson-strike.html

A quick bit of research has unearthed the following. The following current NCFC players have played at Wembley:

League 1 Play-Off Final 2007: W.Hoolahan (Blackpool)Championship Play-Off Final 2008: M.Turner (Hull)League 1 Play-Off Final 2008: J.Howson & B.Johnson (Leeds)League 1 Play-Off Final 2009: L.Grabban (Millwall), G.Hooper (Scunthorpe)Football League Trophy Final 2009: G.Hooper (Scunthorpe)FA Cup Semi Final 2010: C.Cuellar (Aston Villa)FA Cup Semi Final 2010: S.Bassong (Tottenham)League Cup Final 2010: C.Cuellar (Aston Villa)League Cup Final 2011: C.Jerome (Birmingham)Football League Trophy Final 2011: L.Grabban (Brentford)International friendly 2011: M.Olsson (Sweden)Championship Play-Off Final 2012: G.O''Neil (West Ham)Championship Play-Off Final 2012: G.O''Neil (QPR)International friendly 2013: R.Martin & S.Whittaker (Scotland)(And in the 2008 Football League Trophy Final, R.Bennett was an unused sub for Grimsby)

So out of our regular players, it looks like everyone has played at Wembley except for Ruddy (who has been an unused sub for England), Redmond, Tettey (who has been an unused sub for Norway), and Dorrans (who has been an unused sub for Scotland).

[quote]Hasn''t Redmond played there with the U21s ?[/quote]I''m pretty sure the Under 21''s just play at various club stadiums around the country for their fixtures. I''ve just had a look at their U21 Euro Championships qualifying campaign and they played at places such as Reading, MK Dons, Shrewsbury, Ipswich and Derby, but no huge stadiums and certainly not one the size of Wembley!