Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Ticket Confusion

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Mr Carrow, I tried that today and although I was able to select seats, when I tried to check out I couldn''t-a message came up stating that "Norwich City versus Middlesborough is only available to customers who have purchased the correct pre-requisite products".

I will be in the online queue at 6 pm on Wednesday![/quote]

Mr Angry..... 6 pm Wednesday you will get the same message...... only ST holders and paid up priority members will be able to buy extra tickets..... I think your stuffed as I do not believe there will be anything left for general sale.... sorry if this makes you angry Mr Angry.

Given that tickets have been sold for anywhere in our allocated end, I assume Boro have done the same ? As such I cant imagine there unsold allocation being offered to Norwich ?

Only a hunch but would be very surprised.

Does anyone know what the restrictions are for buying corporate tickets? Certain areas seem to have been unavailable right from the start via the website so I gather that they are being sorted out separately by the club. Do you have to be a sponsor etc. or is it possible for anyone to buy them?

Sorry hear that Mr.Angry, although I guess in these circumstances there will always be some people disappointed. I was actually told from a pretty reliable source earlier today that some people had been getting tickets with just a customer number at the ground, but that could be a simple case of staff error (I believe these were groups of eight, some with membership etc., some not). Looking at the ground plan the figure of 27k sold sounds about right and I`d suggest that means that the vast majority of season-ticket holders and members now have their tickets, so sales may slow a bit. One ray of hope is that I heard that several hundred returns were unsold for the Cardiff final as people had given up on getting a ticket, so checking as often as possible towards the end of the week may pay dividends (although they may well create a waiting list for returns as well....).

It does appear to me that the club have gone for the least hassle as possible with the selling criteria. Firstly anyone who spent £20 on a priority membership gets the same priority to buy one and maybe two tickets for the final as a season ticket holder, while anyone who has bought tickets this year in a general sale has no chance. Secondly four days for the first sale seems way too long. Would expect by now that almost all season ticket holders and priority members who want to buy a ticket, would is going to make the sales now for the next three days very quiet, until the Wednesday 6pm sale starts. I would have thought a fairer way of doing the sales would have been: Season Ticket Holders, Priority Membership, Season Ticket Holders - 2nd ticket, General sale to anyone with customer number who had bought tickets this year. But then I guess that whatever selling criteria they use, not everyone with happy with it.

I can totally understand that Season Ticket holders get priority, and Priority Members too, although given that the club were giving the hard sell on Priority Membership at the end of the season, there''s a possibility that some of these members might never have seen a Norwich game before!

If our allocation sells out before 5 pm on Wednesday, fair enough. But if there are still tickets available after that, why shouldn''t they be available to other fans who have attended games this year?

And what is the point in offering Season Ticket holders and Priority Members the chance to get another ticket? They only need one each, and as far as I know, everyone they get tickets for have to be either Season Ticket holders or Priority Members anyway-seems strange to be offering another chance to people who have probably already got their tickets.

To be fair, I think there`s an assumption that the vast majority of casual supporters who go to occasional games have friends or family for are members etc. That`s certainly the case with my lot. If people really think they have "no chance" I really would encourage them to look into the returns policy- people thinking they had no chance lead to a few hundred empty seats at Cardiff apparently.

Sounds like you''ve got two options Mr Angry:
Buy a priority membership (I think they cost £20 but could be wrong) or get a season ticket holder to buy a ticket for you on Wednesday.
Anyone understand how we have reportedly sold 27,000 tickets already? That must be around our whole season ticket & priority membership numbers. 

Just in case anyone is tempted by the TicketBis link posted above or any other similar sites - AVOID - these are very dodgy sites (see online reviews) and you are highly likely to be left with no or fake tickets, and no chance of a refund of the hundreds of pounds you''ve paid. Only buy tickets through the club

Hi Hairy-Priority Membership sold out last week, in hindsight that''s what I should have done.

I''m not sure if Season Ticket holders can buy tickets for non Season Ticket holders at all-but I will contact the club today to get clarification, thanks.

I''ve been in contact with the club this morning. The sale that commences on Wednesday at 6pm is for Season Ticket holders and Priority Members only to purchase a second ticket per customer number for friends/family etc..

If you do not have a season ticket or priority membership, you will need to find a friend who does and ask them to purchase on your behalf, assuming tickets remain on sale after this initial period of sale.

me and my 23 yr old daughter both have membership but not priority .

my 10 yr old son has priority .

where do i stand with getting tickets wednesday ?

[quote user="braintree canary"]me and my 23 yr old daughter both have membership but not priority .

my 10 yr old son has priority .

where do i stand with getting tickets wednesday ?[/quote]Aren''t they one and the same ? The only difference I thought was that adults have to pay £20 but under-17''s get one free ?I''m a season ticket holder with a £20 priority membership so I have priority in getting a disabled chap into the Carrow Rd '' blankets '' as his carer for the day.

What''s the deal for Shareholders? Or have the benefits been pretty much removed with the introduction of the priority membership?

The tickets website says it''s open to Share Holder Members but there is no mention of them anywhere else.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Mr Angry"]That really does not make sense-Season Ticket holders and Members are guaranteed a ticket if they buy before 5 pm on Wednesday-then the remaining ones go on sale at 6 pm-but to Season Ticket holders and Members only again? If that was the case, then why bother having the 5 pm deadline?[/quote]

No, it does not make much sense to me either! [/quote]This does seem a bit weird . Perhaps they''ll only sell extra tickets after 6pm on Wed to people who''ve already bought a ticket ?I''m not too comfortable how they squeezed all those extra £20''s with the now closed Priority Memb scheme but they must have sold more than enough.It does make you wonder if there''ll be many going on general sale.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yeah that''s good advice I will contact the club.

The moral of the story is - get a priority membership sorted at the start of the season :)[/quote]

IDB - you can still get a membership now I think. I would check with the club but if so then you basically have an option to pay an extra £20 to guarantee yourself a ticket.

sorry i''ve just read above and seen the post about priority membership selling out.

Is there still such a thing as just membership or is priority membership now membership? If not then seems a bit unfair that members don;t get a chance.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Mr Angry"]That really does not make sense-Season Ticket holders and Members are guaranteed a ticket if they buy before 5 pm on Wednesday-then the remaining ones go on sale at 6 pm-but to Season Ticket holders and Members only again? If that was the case, then why bother having the 5 pm deadline?[/quote]

No, it does not make much sense to me either! [/quote]This does seem a bit weird . Perhaps they''ll only sell extra tickets after 6pm on Wed to people who''ve already bought a ticket ?I''m not too comfortable how they squeezed all those extra £20''s with the now closed Priority Memb scheme but they must have sold more than enough.It does make you wonder if there''ll be many going on general sale.[/quote]

Presumably if they have capped the priority membership then they have done so at a level which means we have around 38,000 ST holders and priority members meaning the only tickets that will go on sale on Wednesday are those not claimed by ST holders and priority members which will probably be limited.

Mr Angry wrote the following post at 18/05/2015 8:34 AM:

I can totally understand that Season Ticket holders get priority, and Priority Members too, although given that the club were giving the hard sell on Priority Membership at the end of the season, there''s a possibility that some of these members might never have seen a Norwich game before!

If our allocation sells out before 5 pm on Wednesday, fair enough. But if there are still tickets available after that, why shouldn''t they be available to other fans who have attended games this year?

And what is the point in offering Season Ticket holders and Priority Members the chance to get another ticket? They only need one each, and as far as I know, everyone they get tickets for have to be either Season Ticket holders or Priority Members anyway-seems strange to be offering another chance to people who have probably already got their tickets.

Sent you a pm Mr Angry

The system is not particularly family-friendly either - I have 2 season tickets; 1 x adult plus 1 x u-21 (for my 9 yr old son). Mrs Mustard wanted to sit next to us at Wembley, however at this stage we could only secure 2 Play Off Final tickets (1 per customer number). The single vacant seat next to us has now been taken.

If there are any tickets left, I guess she''ll need to sit somewhere else on her own (not favoured) or try and buy 2 and take a friend.

Either way, she''s already disappointed she won''t be near her partner & young son which seems a shame...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]The system is not particularly family-friendly either - I have 2 season tickets; 1 x adult plus 1 x u-21 (for my 9 yr old son). Mrs Mustard wanted to sit next to us at Wembley, however at this stage we could only secure 2 Play Off Final tickets (1 per customer number). The single vacant seat next to us has now been taken.

If there are any tickets left, I guess she''ll need to sit somewhere else on her own (not favoured) or try and buy 2 and take a friend.

Either way, she''s already disappointed she won''t be near her partner & young son which seems a shame...[/quote]

Its precisely this that makes me wonder if there will be a huge demand on Wednesday. Because of the difficulty in getting seats together, families may decide its not worth the expense of the tickets if they can''t sit together to share the experience.

just got through after being number 15 in the queue and was looking good until they realised that my daughter and i only had membership and not priority membership .

First match in 1978 , converted both daughters and now 10 yr old is only norwich supporter in his school in rushden but cant get 3 tickets!

so bloody frustrating !!

[quote user="raunds canary"]just got through after being number 15 in the queue and was looking good until they realised that my daughter and i only had membership and not priority membership .

First match in 1978 , converted both daughters and now 10 yr old is only norwich supporter in his school in rushden but cant get 3 tickets!

so bloody frustrating !![/quote]

Is there still a general "membership" category rather than priority membership because I thought the two were one and the same? If so then there appears to be no priority period at all for members.

no there no general membership jim , my daughter got membership when she bought her ticket for the watford away match and i have membership to and been to approx 10 games this season but cant get tickets as dont have priority membership .

purchased our tickets for the ipswich game on our memberships and assumed they would be ok for final too . sadly not .

Jim I had a look there is no standard or general membership. There is only the priority membership or ST.

[quote user="raunds canary"]no there no general membership jim , my daughter got membership when she bought her ticket for the watford away match and i have membership to and been to approx 10 games this season but cant get tickets as dont have priority membership .

purchased our tickets for the ipswich game on our memberships and assumed they would be ok for final too . sadly not .[/quote]

Raunds. Sorry if I am being thick but if there is no general membership then surely you have priority membership? Did you pay £20?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="raunds canary"]no there no general membership jim , my daughter got membership when she bought her ticket for the watford away match and i have membership to and been to approx 10 games this season but cant get tickets as dont have priority membership .

purchased our tickets for the ipswich game on our memberships and assumed they would be ok for final too . sadly not .[/quote]

Raunds. Sorry if I am being thick but if there is no general membership then surely you have priority membership? Did you pay £20?[/quote]

Do you mean you just have a customer number (as does anyone who has ever bought tickets) because if you''ve got membership then I think it must be "priority membership" they''ve just rebadged it.

Jim;

i purchased my ticket for ipswich on a membership from 2000-2001 which i use every time i book tickets and daughter got customer number when booking ticket for watford i guess