Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Ticket Confusion

I would be massively grateful if anybody can answer a couple of questions.....

1. The general sale tickets on Wednesday, are they for absolutely anybody or are they extra tickets for season ticket holders and priority members?

2. If they are extras for season and priority, when will tickets be on sale for everyone else?

3. Given that I am not a season ticket holder of priority member do people think I stand much of a chance getting tickets?

Thanks

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]I would be massively grateful if anybody can answer a couple of questions.....

1. The general sale tickets on Wednesday, are they for absolutely anybody or are they extra tickets for season ticket holders and priority members?

2. If they are extras for season and priority, when will tickets be on sale for everyone else?

3. Given that I am not a season ticket holder of priority member do people think I stand much of a chance getting tickets?

Thanks[/quote]1. For anybody2. N/A3. Who knows, but you can check what seats are left by clicking here  (if it works, if not just check the Canaries.co.uk, Wembley Ticket page)

I had season tickets in the late 90s / early 00''s when we were rubbish and I went to 10 away games in the league 1 season, its the last 3 or 4 years that I have stopped going to many games. I must be some sort of reverse plastic :)

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]I would be massively grateful if anybody can answer a couple of questions.....

Thanks[/quote]1. For anybody2. N/A3. Who knows, but you can check what seats are left by clicking here  (if it works, if not just check the Canaries.co.uk, Wembley Ticket page)

[/quote]

Thanks, that''s a massive relief!

Not sure your info is correct LDC.

On another thread, someone claims to have emailed the club and received a reply saying that Weds is for ST and PM to buy extra seats, not for general sale, and says there are no current plans for general sale.

Tickets on sale from 6pm, Wednesday 20th May

Customers are able to buy an extra one ticket per customer number, maximum of 8 tickets per transaction.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ticket-details-norwich-city-play-off-final-wembley-2457072.aspx#R9ZR6bSJgsv4jD55.99

LDC. That,reads to me like tickets on Wednesday evening are additional tickets for people with customer numbers, not general sale.

What reference are you using?

[quote user="kick it off"]Not sure your info is correct LDC.

On another thread, someone claims to have emailed the club and received a reply saying that Weds is for ST and PM to buy extra seats, not for general sale, and says there are no current plans for general sale.[/quote]

Surprised and sorry if wrong!! Just assumed general sale which would be the usual situation.   Have looked again on the site and it does say "extra" tickets will be available from 6.00 on Wednesday, so it looks as if that person is right. 

It does indeed come under the ''extra tickets'' banner and doesn''t say "general sale" anywhere (see the Wembley Tickets info on the main site); I guess we now have so many s-t''s and members that we''re in the same boat as some of the bigger clubs and the club perhaps expects to sell out without a general sale.

There''s other things to consider, though - it did say the allocation was an ''initial'' one which suggests the potential for more to be made available.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Tickets on sale from 6pm, Wednesday 20th May

Customers are able to buy an extra one ticket per customer number, maximum of 8 tickets per transaction.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ticket-details-norwich-city-play-off-final-wembley-2457072.aspx#R9ZR6bSJgsv4jD55.99

LDC. That,reads to me like tickets on Wednesday evening are additional tickets for people with customer numbers, not general sale.

What reference are you using?[/quote]

If you have ever had a membership you should have a customer number so you maybe lucky.

Sorry LDC you are wrong.

Was a the ticket office today and asked about getting more tickets. Wednesday 6 pm any remaining tickets go on salt to ST Holders and priority members.... The lady I talked said there was no plans for going on general sale....... my impression is that they will all be snapped up.

[quote user="NorwichRat"]Sorry LDC you are wrong.

Was a the ticket office today and asked about getting more tickets. Wednesday 6 pm any remaining tickets go on salt to ST Holders and priority members.... The lady I talked said there was no plans for going on general sale....... my impression is that they will all be snapped up.[/quote][Y]  Looked at it yesterday and just made an automatic assumption. My bad.

That really does not make sense-Season Ticket holders and Members are guaranteed a ticket if they buy before 5 pm on Wednesday-then the remaining ones go on sale at 6 pm-but to Season Ticket holders and Members only again? If that was the case, then why bother having the 5 pm deadline?

[quote user="Mr Angry"]That really does not make sense-Season Ticket holders and Members are guaranteed a ticket if they buy before 5 pm on Wednesday-then the remaining ones go on sale at 6 pm-but to Season Ticket holders and Members only again? If that was the case, then why bother having the 5 pm deadline?[/quote]

No, it does not make much sense to me either!

I have a mate who follows city up and down the country away from home, but has not set foot in carrow road for years, presumably he won''t be able to get a ticket? Very strange.

It does sort-of make sense - clearly we don''t have quite enough s-t''s/members to take the full allocation on a one-per-one basis, so they can guarantee a seat for each, but from 5pm Weds those who have bought one can buy another - so if you don''t get your one ticket before that time the guarantee is rescinded and you may miss out altogether.

Imo Weds is a wee bit late, that initial deadline should have been Tuesday lunchtime or something, as it doesn''t give much time for a turnaround of sending out tickets for those booking Weds evening/thurs. But I imagine/hope the club has a good idea what it''s doing.

*i would also say that to be fair to the club they have been talking up the priority memberships etc as a means to getting such tickets, for some time. They are a little ''hamstrung'' nowadays. I''m sure that in the past s-t holders were able to get 1 + a guest, but gone are those days if we have 22k of those + several thousands of members.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Surely you have a customer number from the league one season?[/quote]

I have been to games this season, I have a customer number, but not priority membership

The club emailed me to confirm that the Wesnesdat 6pm sale is for season ticket holders and priority members only.

Interesting point that someone else posted, Middlesborough''s Twitter feed confirms that 20,000 tickets will be going on general sale tomorrow. I wonder if they will sell out, doubt it and if Norwich could end up with more tickets???

I hope we all get sorted whatever the circumstances. There are enough tickets to go round or there should be. But naturally we all want one in our mits asap!

And we all have different circumstances. I have my ticket. My daughter and grandson have their ticket. But my son and another grandson who share those two tickets and take turns each week obviously don''t. We are hoping that come Wednesday they get sorted too. If not I will have one justifiably unhappy grandson.

Anyway - good luck everyone! 

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="nutty nigel"]Surely you have a customer number from the league one season?[/quote]

I have been to games this season, I have a customer number, but not priority membership[/quote]

I would send an email to ticket office and explain asking them at what point you can have an opportunity. I''d always ask there first because most of us are just guessing!

ticket@ncfc-canaries.co.uk

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yeah that''s good advice I will contact the club.

The moral of the story is - get a priority membership sorted at the start of the season :)[/quote]

I am now thinking that as well as buying my two grandson''s a season ticket to share I should also buy them membership to share. Had I thought I would have done but by the time it dawned on me last night I was too late!

I would be interested as to whether anyone with just a customer number (ie. anyone on the database) has managed to get a ticket despite not being a season-ticket holder or member? Whilst the official blurb states season-ticket holders and priority members, I can`t see anywhere that it says exclusively for these two groups and it does say one ticket per customer number. I`m already sorted, but personally if I just had a customer number, I would have a go with that.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Plastic.

Takes one to know one Lappinitup. How long have you had your season ticket?!!![/quote]Can''t remember. Didn''t you Mark it down?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ruthers1"]Plastic. Takes one to know one Lappinitup. How long have you had your season ticket?!!![/quote]

Can''t remember. Didn''t you Mark it down?

[/quote]

I wonder how long it will be before we see ruthers2 ?

[quote user="NICK07"]The club emailed me to confirm that the Wesnesdat 6pm sale is for season ticket holders and priority members only.

Interesting point that someone else posted, Middlesborough''s Twitter feed confirms that 20,000 tickets will be going on general sale tomorrow. I wonder if they will sell out, doubt it and if Norwich could end up with more tickets???[/quote]I had a text from someone earlier this evening that said we''ve sold around 27,000 so far. Looks likely we''ll shift our 38,000. At that time Boro had sold only around 10,000 but they may well have a different selling method in place at the momentGiven that Boro''s average attendances are quite a bit lower than ours it could be we will end up with some extra ones.

Mr Carrow, I tried that today and although I was able to select seats, when I tried to check out I couldn''t-a message came up stating that "Norwich City versus Middlesborough is only available to customers who have purchased the correct pre-requisite products".

I will be in the online queue at 6 pm on Wednesday!

You might not be too far wrong with that sort of figure ...ASMS, looking at the stadium plan on the official site (just click on ''Wembley tickets'' and you can see w/o logging on), it appears that all Lower and L2 have gone, for sure