Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

TICKET INFO FOR NON-ST or PRIORITY MEMBERS

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The points system totally discards people who have only brought home tkts and gives a huge advantage to those who only buy tickets from away clubs.[/quote]

Or people like me who have bought on the gate at a few away games.

Every single ticket sold by NCFC home or away is assigned to a customer number. It would have been so simple to apply a system which based priority of games attended over the season. This current 2015/16 membership ploy is nothing more than a money making scheme from the club in my mind.

Not really Nutty but ok then make it x points or tickets for x home games.

Fact remains that if you have a points system you shouldn''t then completely undermine it by allowing anyone who pays £20 to jump the queue

Have to agree with Nutty on this. I`m about as far from an IT expert as it`s possible to get but McNally said they used the same system as Liverpool used. Do you honestly think he can say "Oh, by the way, can you make sure people with a certain number of points get priority?"? The club are trying to fairly distribute and successfully post out 39,000 tickets in a week and they have to go with a simple, trusted system in order accomplish that. Even a few f***-ups leaving people without their tickets would create merry hell. If they`d gone with a time-consuming system incorporating points etc and screwed it up, people would`ve been whinging. If they`d released loads on general sale as Boro did people would be whinging. Now those whinging because they didn`t have the sense to pay for a membership have a fair chance so I don`t think anyone should be whinging. 60,000 into 39,000 doesn`t go whichever way you look at it.

Well i''d be getting one anyway next season, so it''s no skin off my back. I made my GF an account today as i''ve just previously bought tkts on my account before. Her account was okay to upgrade to a new membership.

It barely seems worth it for touts to bother with the whole priority membership thing, it''s a lot of hassle, and another £24 to pay. They''d have to charge £300 for it to be worth their while, will people really buy tickets for that much?

As I said in my first post. Look at from a starting point of believing the club are on our side. Then admit they have our interest at heart and know better how to achieve that than we do.

Jim - I thought priority memberships could only be bought by supporters with previous purchase history on the clubs database? Which in turn would knock out the complete fairweather supporter (fan)?. That''s what the club has always said anyway...

As for is it fair - I think it is. The club has made more than enough noise about the benefits of priority membership recently, everyone''s had a chance to purchase, and there were no hidden surprises, and for me, it''s always been an absolute bargain, they''ve kept it around the 20 quid mark now for some years and I believe it represents very good value for money. It''s not like it''s only valid for this game for those that buy now - the benefits are there till June next YEAR. At the end of the day, if diehard followers are prepared to end up paying for a touts ticket, then they should be prepared to spend the extra that would have been spent with a tout (and then some) to buy a priority membership instead - after all, that money goes towards supporting the club we love and not special brew (unless of course David McNally likes special brew that is, though I''ve got him down as more of a Rioja kind of chap myself).

In short, I do think it''s a lot of fuss over £20 that any supporter with prior purchase history has had a fair opportunity to buy?

from a selfish point of view i am a bit p1ssed off i had arranged a couple of friends with season tickets to bat for me on wedneday night but now there will be a few thousand others in the mix it has moved the goalposts a bit, anyway i bought a couple for next season tonight at least i will have my fate in my own hands... i''ve taken my eye off the ball i was buying casual tickets on the morning of the game for most of the season as well as having plenty of freebies from season ticket holders who couldnt be @rsed for the less attractive games so priority membership seemed pointless... i ignored all the advice in the last few weeks and didn''t bother silly me [:D]

Two Wembley tickets up for grabs for new season ticket holders and Priority Members:

[url=http://mobile.canaries.co.uk/news/article/win-wembley-tickets-play-off-final-norwich-city-2463432.aspx]Info on club website[/url]

i drove the 120 miles up there today hoping to get lucky .

then bought 2 memberships for next season as already have one for my son . thought they may let me have 3 tonight but no sadly .

got to get up there again tomorrow dont want to risk internet or phone .

anyone got an idea what time to queue?

For what it is worth, I do not see this as a rip-off, since this priority membership is for next season. Against that, this reactive move has come too late for some fans - impossible to say how many - who  have an excellent record of attending away matches but, for whatever reason, are not ST holders or priority members.The likelihood is that in tomorrow evening''s scramble a good number of such will miss out while other less deserving fans will get a ticket. Giving priority tomorrow to fans with a high mark on the points system would avoid this unfairness but presumably is not going to happen.The club gets great many things right, but since the directors have told us for several years just how large is the potential support - supposedly easily enough to justify a 34,000- or 35,000-seat stadium - perhaps this excess of demand over supply should have been foreseen.

Don''t miss the small print!!!!

Membership price to increase from 1st July to £25

Upgraded to Priority membership there for me and my GF. So if one of us, hopefully, gets through tomoro, can we two tickets together using both customer numbers??

on the face of it ,it seems peculiar that instead of leaving it to good old fashioned, queing up on a first come first served basis, by the general public who are desperate to get a ticket, is overlooked in favour of what we have here in a situation where non customer no. fans are begging those who have got one to "borrow" their number.....complete strangers in some cases.

So it can only be assumed that the club wants "traceability" for each and every ticket it sells back to someone on their database.

The reasons for this I suppose can vary from ,having a name & address to replace lost tickets.....to even being able to identify someone sitting in a seat (or at least being able to track someone via a customer no. holder) should they be identyfied on camera at Wembley for any reason?

The whole process has been managed pretty well IMO.

The club has also banked a few extra priority members for next season.

Good business

A word of caution and of course I might be wrong but the advert says priority memberships now on sale for 2015-16 season. As Wembley game is end of 2014-15 season, will they actually be valid for buying tickets Wednesday night?