Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

TICKET INFO FOR NON-ST or PRIORITY MEMBERS

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-priority-memberships-2015-2016-2463243.aspx

You can purchase priority membership for next season for £20. This will enable you to buy a ticket for Wembley from 6pm on Wednesday.

May not be helpful to many, as Wembley is extortionate enough, but those who are willing to shell out for next season''s membership early will give themselves a decent shout at getting Wembley tickets too.

Seems a very sneaky ploy to get £20 out of a few more people. Season ticket holders and current priority members will also be in that lottery Wednesday evening. Could be up to 30,000 people trying to but 8,000 tickets!

I think this is disgusting. Why oh why can they just not use booking history/points system to allow fans who have previously bought tickets to try and buy. This smacks of either incompetence or a disgusting level of greed. It''s basically a general sale with the club taking £20 booking fee for each ticket.

Yep. Milking it for every possible penny with very little chance of those purchasing it getting a ticket.

Also do you need a prior purchase history to buy these memberships? If not what''s to stop touts or Boro fans buying them?

Im on phone now having just purchased 2 priority memberships for next season for me and daughter .

son already has one so will they let me have 3 tickets tonight or make me queue up tomorrow...

I''m not sure how ''likely'' you are to get them branston. It will be a quickest finger on the keyboard where up to 30,000 people will be trying to get one of a few thousand tickets. I will be one that is trying but I''m not confident.

Done and dusted...

Got one each for me and my GF. The queue will be mayhem tomorrow! At least it''s valid for next season and they haven''t been completely tight and put it at £20 for this one game!

In all fairness, what would the point be of having priority membership if you don''t get priority. They have to manage the demand somehow.

Now to hope Birmingham New Street station has decent 4g reception!

Hmmm, yes milking it maybe-I think it was always likely that our allocation was going to sell out, so basically the club got £20 for doing nothing from those who bought Priority Memberships in the last month.

Not sure when the new season Priority Memberships are usually offered but if they''re offering them earlier now then it can really on mean that they''re trying to cash in on everyone who is still desperate for a ticket.

Still, all the money goes to the club that we all support so I''m not really complaining!

It seems a little unfair that those buying a priority membership now don''t have the opportunity to buy their ticket in advance of the Weds 6pm release.

Good work by the club in my eyes. Better than just letting the tickets go on general sale to people who just fancy a day out and have no intention of going again.

All proper fans have had more than enough opportunity to purchase a ticket by now so hopefully less winey posts from now saying how it''s not fair

The sudden introduction of next season''s membership at this stage is not necessarily greed.  It could well be a way of allowing those who haven''t yet been able to get a ticket for Wembley to get on track for one.   Yes, it means they have got to fork out £20, but maybe if they want to go to Wembley badly enough, £20 isn''t that much to add to the price (only cheaper seats left anyway).

It does however offer ticket touts the chance to cash in by buying several memberships in different names, then buying a few seats and then selling them on - as has apparently already happened with some Midsbro tickets. It is in effect creating the conditions for a general sale, as long as you are prepared to shell out £20 extra.

As has already been pointed out, the club could have used a combination of the Season Ticket holders plus Away Points to determiine who could buy tickets.

The tickets were never going on general sale. They are just charging people £20 for the chance in the lottery

[quote user="JF"]Yep. Milking it for every possible penny with very little chance of those purchasing it getting a ticket.[/quote]

I reckon this attitude splashed around these boards has actually hindered folk trying to get tickets. Because when the club first did this for Ipswich tickets poster after poster came on here and accused them of trying to rip people off. There was no basis for that then and there''s no basis now.

When the Ipswich tickets went on sale they were £25 each. If you brought a priority membership then an ipswich ticket it was £45 and a certainty of a Wembley ticket. The binners were charging over £40+ just for the match ticket alone. So who actually was ripping who off?

Then throughout the play off semis the club carried on offering priority memberships for £20 to give people the chance of being first in the queue for Wembley tickets. In fact these priority memberships stayed on sale until the Wembley ticket sale started.

Now all season ticket holders and those who''d brought Priority memberships have had their chance the memberships are on sale yet again to give people the best chance possible at this point.

The problem is that folk too readily see the club as "them and us" when really we are on the same side. We are so lucky the way our football club is run. I''m sure mistakes have been made at various times but the club really is run with supporters intersts at heart. If you''d believed this and ignored people who were spouting nonsense about the club ripping them off a lot more people would have had those memberships on Saturday.

I challenge any of you to find a club that has issued play off tickets in a fairer way.

That''s kind-of what I''m expecting, JF, that I won''t get any more - but getting memberships will soften the blow of not getting to the final as there''s the potential of more PL games to go to.

That''s a bizarre spin on it Nutty.

For me, the club has all the tools it needs to distribute the tickets fairly in the form of its purchase database and points system. Instead they are letting anyone get a ticket if they are prepared to shell out £20. I don''t think that''s fair. Obviously season ticket holders and priority members who bought before a certain point in the system should have priority but the recent sales of priority membership and this new launch just smack of commercial opportunism. Hopefully it will enable some to get tickets but a fairer way would just be to sell to those with existing customer numbers who have bought two or three home or away tickets this season.

Do you think the touts will be tempted LDC? They''ll have to shell out £20 for each ticket they want up front, with no promise that they''ll get any. Plus the club will be a bit suspicious of multiple applications from Mr F A T B''stard.

Exactly Jim. They are charging anyone who wants to be in the lottery £20 for the privalige, where ultimately most will be disappointed and £20 lighter for it.

That is a historical record of what has occurred and no spin whatsoever. Yes there are anomalies, like with my grandchildren sharing tickets. I could have avoided that myself though. Jim, which ubs have distributed them in a fairer way?

Anyway, I''ve been really heartened to see how this forum has pulled together trying to help eachother out. We are lucky in having so many fans with such a spirit of community.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Do you think the touts will be tempted LDC? They''ll have to shell out £20 for each ticket they want up front, with no promise that they''ll get any. Plus the club will be a bit suspicious of multiple applications from Mr F A T B''stard.[/quote]

I think touts will feel its well worth it given the mark up they can make. Mcnally has failed to answer the question as to whether you need a prior purchase history to buy one of these memberships.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That is a historical record of what has occurred and no spin whatsoever. Yes there are anomalies, like with my grandchildren sharing tickets. I could have avoided that myself though. Jim, which ubs have distributed them in a fairer way?

Anyway, I''ve been really heartened to see how this forum has pulled together trying to help eachother out. We are lucky in having so many fans with such a spirit of community.[/quote]

I don''t know Nutty because I''ve not paid attention to how others have done it in the past. The first stage of our ticket sales has been fair. This second sale though is bizarre. As I''ve said above, we have a points system. That it has been completely ignored here for the sake of a quick buck is disappointing.

If you really believe the club are being cynical and cashing in then Im afraid that says more about you and your thought process.

Were you around in the days of big bad bob?

The points system totally discards people who have only brought home tkts and gives a huge advantage to those who only buy tickets from away clubs.

X 2 Sorted.

For each one I had to include my already existing customer numbers...surely that safeguard would beat touts etc.

[quote user="Robert Poole "]

X 2 Sorted.

For each one I had to include my already existing customer numbers...surely that safeguard would beat touts etc.

[/quote]

That''s reassuring and I think they have changed it since an hour ago when people were able to buy them as "new customers"