Sign in to follow this  
Locky_football

Bought Wembley tickets but Adult reverted to 65+!

Has anyone else had this problem? My husband just bought five tickets using the Friends and family option. His uncle is 65+ but can''t make the game so he made sure that all the tickets said Adult in the drop-down box and the price reflected this. When he clicked buy, it reverted back to a 65+ ticket and the amount was less!

Bvgger! I assume this will be a queue at Carrow Road for five hours tomorrow job?! Hopefully they can change the price of the ticket.

It seems there are bugs in the system because when he bought the tickets for the match today only one of the five season tickets under his Friends and family account had an activated card - the others arrived as paper tickets.

Isn''t it because it will default to whatever the season ticket is, ie you can only purchase tickets for the actual holder of the ticket and not someone else even though you can change the drop down options

Snakepit Ric wrote the following post at 17/05/2015 10:01 AM:

I''ve done the same. Under 17 but needed it to be adult.

Anyone else in this situation !!

Yep, I bought six yesterday, one was an over 65, not mine I hasten to add, I set it as an adult on the screen and it was priced as such but when the deal went through it came out as a half price over 65.

I have emailed the club but am not too optimistic of a swift reply.

Will have to go in next week when all the rush has died down and see if it can be sorted.

Would appreciate an update if anyone manages to get it resolved.

The club will probably not look too kindly on this as it will be clear you''re trying to rig the system using a season ticket holders allocated seat for someone else. I think you''d be better upgrading on the day at the Wembley ticket office (or via NCFC on Friday) on the premise that someone was ill, or couldn''t make it last minute.

I doubt the club care, Matt - there are plenty of tickets to go around (all season ticket holders and priority members are guaranteed a ticket) so why does it matter if you''re prepared to upgrade the ticket properly?

Currently in the queue so will update later on what they say.

Well, that wasn''t too helpful! After queuing for 2.5 hours, the ticket office manager said there probably isn''t anything we can do. He reckoned it was our error and we should have confirmed it on the page. This is despite the final page showing one price and the confirmation email another.

We''ve got to take the tickets back to the ticket office when they arrive and see if the club can ask Wembley to upgrade or refund the tickets.

Oh no , this is a huge error from the club. Not everyone will want to take a young child or older person to this game. Will ring up in the week then !!

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]Oh no , this is a huge error from the club. Not everyone will want to take a young child or older person to this game. Will ring up in the week then !![/quote]

I posted earlier what I thought had happened. Why is it an error. Tickets are available to the holders of the season tickets not for friends and family at this stage. Sure you will get it resolved later in the week tho

The ticket office manager reckoned that it was my husband''s mistake and there''s nothing wrong with their system. He said we didn''t confirm it correctly onscreen. I don''t understand how it can be correct on the last screen then change to a different price and band as soon as we paid though?! He clicked on pay and the final confirmation screen popped up and it was too late then! The confirmation email confirms the cheaper, 65+ ticket too.

I would be interested to hear from people who have managed to upgrade their tickets online without any problems!

We used Firefox as the browser - could it be this that caused a problem?

The ticket office manager said that we should have been able to change it from a 65+ ticket to an adult. There''s nothing wrong with doing that. He said that my husband hadn''t done it correctly though or otherwise we would have had five tickets all at adult prices.

From my experience the ticket manager is wrong.

I updated the ticket on the screen to adult, the price was shown as full adult price but only when I actually made payment did it revert back to over 65 and the price dropped. It was too late then to do anything.

[quote user="Yellowfuture"]From my experience the ticket manager is wrong.

I updated the ticket on the screen to adult, the price was shown as full adult price but only when I actually made payment did it revert back to over 65 and the price dropped. It was too late then to do anything.[/quote]

Yep, Yellowfuture, that''s exactly what we found. He was adamant it wasn''t their system though.

Will have to head down the ground with the tickets when they arrive and hope something can be done. It''s just a hassle we don''t need, especially after queuing for 2.5 hours today!!

I''ve had exactly the same problem with my under 12 ticket. I selected an adult as I''m taking a friend as my son is away that weekend, and when it confirmed my purchase it came up as an under 12. We must be able to upgrade them somehow, surely the club wouldn''t be that harsh given its such a simple process for home games.

You can buy whatever ticket you want against eack ST number. The important thing is to ensure you click on the Update button before proceeding to the pay screen. If you dont update it defaults to the normal ST holders band on the pay screen

And why''s that exactly? What a negative thing to say! So I''ve obviously made an error in the excitement, but the situation is no different in essence to someone who''s child goes sick the day before, im sure there will be a way to upgrade, what''s the alternative empty seats? Nobody wants that. It will get sorted I''m sure for any of us who failed to input the details correctly.

How can it not be a system error/bug when it shows one price on the checkout screen then you end up paying a totally different price when you click pay, without any chance of being able to rectify the error, which only became apparent on the final screen?!

When my husband selected the five tickets, it showed his name and adult for all five, so he changed those to four other friends and family (including the 65+ ticket) and then proceeded to the next screen with them all showing adult.

Mine flicked back to 65+ too, but I changed it again before confirming order. Made sure I had 3 adults and 1 U17 and confirmed and paid. As you''re going to be upgrading and therefore spending more money I''m sure they''ll sort it.

Looking at the pictures in the paper today - are the final tickets not printed on our paper?  If so then the club can sort simply as they would for a home game.

Wembley uses a smart entry system and I believe all tickets are being dispatched by the FA. The ticket barcode will contain the type of ticket (child, adult, OAP etc.) so I don''t believe it will be possible for NCFC to process an upgrade on the spot. They may be able to arrange to a replacement ticket to be collected from the Wembley ticket office, or alternatively I''m sure it will be possible to upgrade directly at the Wembley ticket office on the day.

If the tickets were being processed by NCFC it would be the case of sticking back on the adult end of the ticket, but the tickets are never in the hands of NCFC.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Wembley uses a smart entry system and I believe all tickets are being dispatched by the FA. The ticket barcode will contain the type of ticket (child, adult, OAP etc.) so I don''t believe it will be possible for NCFC to process an upgrade on the spot. They may be able to arrange to a replacement ticket to be collected from the Wembley ticket office, or alternatively I''m sure it will be possible to upgrade directly at the Wembley ticket office on the day.

If the tickets were being processed by NCFC it would be the case of sticking back on the adult end of the ticket, but the tickets are never in the hands of NCFC.[/quote]

I did not know this.  Good knowledge Matt.  Those tickets pictured much just be receipts then.

"Hi Chris,

Once you have received your tickets, you will need to come into the Ticket Office at Carrow Road (with your tickets purchased) to make any changes.

Kind Regards,

Ticket Office

Norwich City Football Club Ticket Office"

Email received from Ticket office this morning so it looks as if all will be ok

Oh no I hope this doesn''t happen with mine. I bought my mate (27) a ticket with my dads senior membership. I did double check I put adult and it does say they are both adult tickets on my confirmation email.

What does everyone on heres confirmation email say?