Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

What's a Shareholder Member?

On the web site it says that the tickets will be available to Shareholder Members.

I’m a shareholder but I’ve not been a member this season, can anyone explain what a Shareholder Member is?

I''m not sure these still exist - for several years shareholders got free membership, but im sure that was stopped

Anyone who is a shareholder, membership for life was part of the deal. NCFC soon realised this wasn''t a great idea, so made it effectively worthless by introducing priority membership.

Just had a response from the club.

Hi,

Shareholders have to take advantage of their free membership at the start of the season and these are currently sold out I’m afraid.

Thanks

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Just had a response from the club.

Hi,

Shareholders have to take advantage of their free membership at the start of the season and these are currently sold out I’m afraid.

Thanks

[/quote]

That''s very sneaky. My understanding when I bought the shares was that it meant you had free membership for life (or whilst a shareholder). As Matt says above i thought they introduced priority membership to get around the fact they had lots of people who were now entitled to free membership. i don;t recall it being changed to say you have to "opt in" at the start of each season but then i wouldn''t have been looking for that anyway as I have my season ticket.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Ahh, That makes sense. As a shareholder I had hoped I could get a ticket but couldn''t. Would have been nice if the club told me I was entitled to free membership. Something to take note of next season then.[/quote]

Yes, that''s what I thought. There doesn''t seem to be anywhere on the clubs website where you can apply for this membership, anyone got one?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Ahh,

That makes sense.

As a shareholder I had hoped I could get a ticket but couldn''t. Would have been nice if the club told me I was entitled to free membership. Something to take note of next season then.[/quote]Bethnal, I have sent you a PM.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Ahh, That makes sense. As a shareholder I had hoped I could get a ticket but couldn''t. Would have been nice if the club told me I was entitled to free membership. Something to take note of next season then.[/quote]

Bethnal, I have sent you a PM.

[/quote]

Does this information you sharing with Bethnal have consequences? I''m curious as this seems an unusual topic to be secretive about.

Yeah I''ve been aware of this for a few years that as a shareholder you''re entitled to ordinary membership but you have to activate it every season, and nowadays it''s priority membership that counts. Bit mean for the club to say you can''t do that now. Are you sorted for a ticket Bethnal ?

I don''t have a ticket ICF, but have been offered.

I, however, have decided to watch from home with the wife and kid, as well as a few others.

Good luck to those trying to find kind people offering access to tickets - it is a bit of a farce of a system but then there were always going to be many left disappointed.

Bit of a con that to be honest, since I''m a shareholder. Must activate the free membership next season.

Anyway, I''ve invested my ticket money on a kit for my toddler instead, we can have our own party at home with it on the TV. Still, hope everyone enjoys their trip.