Sign in to follow this  
Barossa

Ticket allocation is a joke

We have a 30% higher average attendance and that should have been reflected in the allocation of tickets. Typical FA

Yes it is. We have the highest away attendance by a English team all season just under 8 thousand at blackburn in December (no ticket deal, no free buses ect.). Also had the highest championship home attendance. Disgrace lol.

The bottom line is that much is dependant upon how the ground can safely be divided. Same as at CR when the away fans get a block that has it''s own facilities and is segregated, rather than a set percentage of the capacity. If it was based on attendance then it would be around 57% City, 43% Boro. Problem there would be if you had someone like B''mouth playing Derby in the final (which was not too unlikely) then it would be around 73% Derby against 27% B''mouth. Could you divide the ground up safely like that ?

I think the FA got it just about right for once. If you want to see bad allocation look at the FA Cup.

Oh dear Boro5707 how stupid you have just made yourself look, game after game at the Riverside empty yet you bleat on about two games when you actually had fans there, you sad w@nker

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Oh dear Boro5707 how stupid you have just made yourself look, game after game at the Riverside empty yet you bleat on about two games when you actually had fans there, you sad w@nker[/quote]

Why the name calling Tim? It doesn''t make you sound very big or clever.

Regarding allocation, perhaps the FA looked at the fact that Boro fans have shown that they travel more in numbers to watch there team, 30% more than Norwich over the course of the season despite getting lower home crowds?

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Oh dear Boro5707 how stupid you have just made yourself look, game after game at the Riverside empty yet you bleat on about two games when you actually had fans there, you sad w@nker[/quote]

Why the name calling Tim? It doesn''t make you sound very big or clever.

Regarding allocation, perhaps the FA looked at the fact that Boro fans have shown that they travel more in numbers to watch there team, 30% more than Norwich over the course of the season despite getting lower home crowds?

Ridiculous posts. Agree with Herman.

Why would you give one team more tickets than t''other.

FA Cup tickets were 25% to each club and the rest to remaining FA affiliations and corporate.

Now that''s unfair!

I don`t recall calling you any names, just stated quoting two games when your ground was generally empty at every home game does make you look a bit stupid, Boro best away following? Have you got the facts to back that statement up?

[quote user="Herman "]I think the FA got it just about right for once. If you want to see bad allocation look at the FA Cup.
[/quote]

I agree that the allocation to each club seems fair.

Can someone clear up whether its the FA or the Football League who decided what they would be?

50% seems fair to me it covers the people from both clubs who regularly go in this instance. Anyhow, If it was done as a% of home attendances that would be unfair in other instances say if we ever came up against a huge team we could end up with less than 20k then we''d rightly be complaining about that.

Just found this my Boro friend ( not)

Average away attendances for the Championship this season:

1. Wolves: 2049

2. Leeds: 2032

3. Norwich: 1986

4. Derby: 1949

5. Sheffield Wednesday: 1944

6. Nottingham Forest: 1908

7. Middlesbrough: 1730

8. Charlton: 1442

9. Cardiff: 1275

10. Watford: 1255

11. Birmingham: 1225

12. Millwall: 1201

13. Blackburn: 1114

14. Fulham: 1055

15. Brentford: 995

16. Brighton: 991

17: Rotherham: 968

18. Ipswich: 896

19. Huddersfield: 896

20. Bolton: 792

21. Wigan: 772

22. Reading: 750

23. Blackpool: 703

24. Bournemouth: 609

Allocation is decided between the Football League and Wembley. The allocations are fair as a 50/50 split is the only way to do it.

Brentford had notified the Football League/Wembley that if they had made the final they would require a smaller allocation though.

Getting 39,000 seats is a hell of a lot more than teams get for the FA Cup final, 25,000 each, so Norwich and Boro should consider themselves lucky.

The unallocated seats, around 12,000, will be offered to the clubs for directors etc and for players to bring their family and friends. The League will also give some to ''guests'' this is their directors and they usually invite some people from every club in the Championship. Sky will get a bunch of tickets through their sponsorship of the game as well as Aviva and Boro''s sponsor being given a bunch.

The vast majority are the tickets set aside for ''Club Wembley'' who have the choice to take up their seats or not. These could be returned to Wembley if the holders choose not to take up their option - but in the past they have pretty much always taken the option.

You got any links to back your figures up for the FULL season?

http://72andbelow.co.uk/sky-bet-championship-average-away-support-league-201415/

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-top-average-away-attendance-table-in-championship-1-7133906

Tim

Middlesbrough have taken some very big away followings this season so I would be dubious about any figures showing our average as higher. That said, its not necessarily an accurate picture of the respective away followings because, for example, they have had Saturday games at places like Wigan, Blackburn and Hudds which are relatively short trips for them and to which they have taken about 11,000 more fans than us so their average will reflect that.

Ultimately the ticket allocation split is fair and I think should have been enough to ensure proper fans of both clubs get tickets. If they don''t that will be down to the slightly strange way both clubs have gone about selling the tickets.

So for one away game you took a freakishly large amount which boosted your average higher than normal proves what ?? That for an odd game you can turn up but consistently you have poor turn outs? You must be so pleased big Jim, huzzah huzzah

Jim came picking an argument not i Ayresome angel, i don`t have a problem with Boro, just seems a bit rich invading other boards just to be antagonistic

50/50 is fair. It''s safe to say over the years us lot have been a much more loyal bunch than ''Boro''s fans, I think it''s pretty safe to say they wouldn''t have got 24-5k in every home game in L1 or followed their team around from the arse end of nowhere in numbers like we did (same as all of our poor Championship years)

But their nationwide fanbase is probably roughly level with ours, Wembley just needs to be bigger!

Not according to this. Your highest average gate for a season is 28.5k ours is 36k

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/englandcontent.htm

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Just found this my Boro friend ( not)

Average away attendances for the Championship this season:

1. Wolves: 2049

2. Leeds: 2032

3. Norwich: 1986

4. Derby: 1949

5. Sheffield Wednesday: 1944

6. Nottingham Forest: 1908

7. Middlesbrough: 1730

8. Charlton: 1442

9. Cardiff: 1275

10. Watford: 1255

11. Birmingham: 1225

12. Millwall: 1201

13. Blackburn: 1114

14. Fulham: 1055

15. Brentford: 995

16. Brighton: 991

17: Rotherham: 968

18. Ipswich: 896

19. Huddersfield: 896

20. Bolton: 792

21. Wigan: 772

22. Reading: 750

23. Blackpool: 703

24. Bournemouth: 609[/quote]

That''s just pulled out the sky. Your trying to tell me leeds didn''t have the highest this season? Lol. Read the proper links above. We travel well, especially this season. Just under 7k at blackburn, 6k ish fulham (not official but whole end was red, officially 4k), 5k wigan, 4.5k sheff wed, 3.5 huddesfield.

It''s going to be a long week whilst juvenile fans of either club whip themselves up into a frenzy of hatred for an opposition they''d previously been indifferent to. For the sake of completeness of course it makes absolute sense that the two clubs receive equal allocation. As for my fellow Norwich fans demanding more on the basis of higher attendances, take that to its logical conclusion if Norwich ever ended up in a final against Man Utd. We''d end up with one nan and his dog with the rest going to the others. Not really on is it?

Blimey GrumpyBear - I thought the blue scum on tw@ed lived in the past - but they only go back to the 80s!  This data (which nicely has city in the prem league - I assume its a year out of date) refers to 1973 for our best season but over 60 years ago for boro.   

Stick to the present  - only Leeds took more away fans to games last season and you did take most to any single game (by 149) than any other side.   (Really not sure what the attraction of Ewood park is though).   After monday you will hold the record for most playing away,  but we will then hold the most fans to a single away games - swings and roundabout! 

Its pretty evenly balanced between the two clubs and the league table shows there is little between us on the pitch too.    May the best team win.

What can''t be denied is that more people have will have attendend norwich games this season than any championship side - with over 125k  more having watched us than boro.

Gents,

I feel the ticket allocation is about right, I think both clubs look like they could have filled Wembley on their own looking at how difficult it is to get tickets. Boro have traditionally had great support but over recent years it has fell away drastically. See my post on the ''believe'' thread for more details suffice to say we can draw on alarge pool of shall way say casual fans ! 38,000 of each group of fans makes it a fans final so the atmosphere should be fantastic. God, is it still 6 days away

the god news is the ticket allocation is enough for both clubs to cover the number of fans who go regularly.

as for which club is the bigger, well of course that''s Middlesbrough, granted NCFC crowds are bigger this season, but wait until you have spent 5 seasons in this league, Middlesbrough is one of the biggest unemployment black spots in the UK, and one of the lowest income areas with some of the highest walk up prices in the division.

if you look at the historical attendances rather than just current you will find boro have the 16th highest, Norwich are 27th. boro have 60 top flight seasons to Norwich 24 seasons, we have produced more international players, spent more, have a bigger highest attendance, played in a European final, honours won are equal I believe, so I think they can be no doubt which is the bigger club.

that said I quite like Norwich and wish you well from Tuesday onwards, you could always join us for a pre match party in Trafalgar square Sunday evening

[quote user="poguemahone"]the god news is the ticket allocation is enough for both clubs to cover the number of fans who go regularly.

as for which club is the bigger, well of course that''s Middlesbrough, granted NCFC crowds are bigger this season, but wait until you have spent 5 seasons in this league, Middlesbrough is one of the biggest unemployment black spots in the UK, and one of the lowest income areas with some of the highest walk up prices in the division.

if you look at the historical attendances rather than just current you will find boro have the 16th highest, Norwich are 27th. boro have 60 top flight seasons to Norwich 24 seasons, we have produced more international players, spent more, have a bigger highest attendance, played in a European final, honours won are equal I believe, so I think they can be no doubt which is the bigger club.

that said I quite like Norwich and wish you well from Tuesday onwards, you could always join us for a pre match party in Trafalgar square Sunday evening[/quote]You just contradicted yourself there. If Boro have spent sooooooo much time in the top flight, the Championship should still be a novelty, right? You should be packing the place every week! [;)]Congrats on your attempt to try and win the pi$$ us the wall contest on who is ''bigger''. An argument that will mean diddley-squat come Monday evening.Enjoy the day.