Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Daniels

What will you do?

What will you do if Francis lines up against Coventry? I personally will make my feelings known as I can''t start to tell you how angry at the way he has treated this football club since January. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

[quote]What will you do if Francis lines up against Coventry? I personally will make my feelings known as I can''t start to tell you how angry at the way he has treated this football club since January. BOOOO...[/quote]

I will sing my heart out as usual, but when the line up is read out, he will get the full brunt of my feelings.

jump out of the stands, run up to francis:

1) Put a diaper on him

2) Put a Dummy in his mouth

3) give him a luke-warm bottle of milk

[quote]jump out of the stands, run up to francis: 1) Put a diaper on him 2) Put a Dummy in his mouth 3) give him a luke-warm bottle of milk[/quote]

Heh, I like it AJ!

Seriously though, I will never ever boo a Norwich City player whilst they''re wearing the yellow and green.  When I''m inside that glorious stadium, I''m a supporter, and that''s exactly what I''ll do - Support them, every last one of them!

He won''t get the usual hearty cheer when his name is read out, but silence is often golden.....

Would never boo a player in a norwich shirt.

Would, however, bundle him into my car after the match and drive him to Portsmouth.

I don''t boo players either, however in case I will make an execption because I firmly believe he has no interest or desire to play for this club. I have no time for trouble makers and this bloke is becoming bad bad news. The sooner he is out of our team, squad, club and City the better. Then we can move on.

[quote]Heh, I like it AJ! Seriously though, I will never ever boo a Norwich City player whilst they''re wearing the yellow and green. When I''m inside that glorious stadium, I''m a supporter, and that''s exa...[/quote]

I''m with you Evil Monkey - I can assure you that Holt, Eddy and Flem never knew that I was against their appearances while I was in the ground and the same would apply to damo - on match days all 11 NEED our support - this season more than ever. 

I stand by my views on them post match as shared on this forum though and make no apologies if they have read them. 

Its purely hypothetical though - as he will not be here come 6th Aug.

OTBC

"Seriously though, I will never ever boo a Norwich City player whilst they''re wearing the yellow and green.  When I''m inside that glorious stadium, I''m a supporter, and that''s exactly what I''ll do - Support them, every last one of them!

He won''t get the usual hearty cheer when his name is read out, but silence is often golden.....

CITY TILL I DIE!"

Sums up my feelings really. Im very disappointed in him, but if he has to play then I would rather encourage him as I want us to win. But as Evil monkey says, I think Ill just remain silent when his name is mentioned.

Support every player who wears the yellow and green, thats the clear message.  If damo decides to stay with us then lets support him.

Jim Kent

some of the posters on here disappoint me.

Francis is our best midfielder regardless of his performance at Fulham.

His desire to play in the Premiership , increase his wage and further his career is perfectly understandable. Most honest fans and players of ncfc would do the same in his shoes.

People appear to be very discrimnatory when questioning loyalty. It seems we only expect loyalty from our better/high-profile players. We seem to sing from a different hymn sheet when club and supporters deem a player surplus to requirements!

This is not Big Brother. Some people seem to have nothing better to do than nominate players for eviction.

If Francis, reads these boards (I doubt he does) it would give him further encouragement to leave. After all, what incentive is there for him to stay.

You''ll miss him when he''s gone . I''ll doubt he''ll miss you !!

[quote]some of the posters on here disappoint me. Francis is our best midfielder regardless of his performance at Fulham. His desire to play in the Premiership , increase his wage and further his career is...[/quote]

Absolute drivel.  The sooner he goes the better.  He may have ability, but that does not forgive his attitude towards my club. 

[quote]Absolute drivel. The sooner he goes the better. He may have ability, but that does not forgive his attitude towards my club.[/quote]

Dicky - your hypocrisy is astounding.

One week I am being vilified for suggesting that Worthy has some areas of improvement and am not a true fan because I dont get behind the team and now you are on a crusade to slash and burn one of our sides most talented player because he wants his career to be at the highest possible level and had a couple of below average games last season??  (btw on that basis we would probably on have Hux and Ashton allowed to stay in the squad - afterall to get relegated most of the players must have been below average)     

Does that mean you are no longer a true city fan?  No - I dont think so either but treat your fellow posters with some respect in future.

FTFW - I think I have morphed into you; right with you on this one too.. 

OTBC

Well we may agree that Francis is capable of being a good player and has demonstrated that from time to time, I don''t think anybody can now deny that they way he has handled himself has been a disgrace.

Most  players who actually had a normal bone in their body would knuckle down and play their socks off hoping for a big money mover after capturing the attention of big clubs notwithstanding their desire for a move. Not so Francis. His antics this season and last do him no credit at all and I am struggling to find a single comparable instance of such deplorable behaviour from a player at this club.

I hope Worthy put''s Francis in the team for the Inter game so we can let the muppet know what we think of him. How about not booing him but cheering every other name as loudly as possible, then when he''s announced... total silence. How good would that be?

[quote]Dicky - your hypocrisy is astounding. One week I am being vilified for suggesting that Worthy has some areas of improvement and am not a true fan because I dont get behind the team and now you are o...[/quote]

Said something to upset you have I?  Steady now.

How anyone can defend Francis''s attitude to my club is beyond me.  You have watched him play, have you?

Maybe I was a little to harsh in my first comment. I don''t intend to boo and player during a match and my "booooo" finish was just a panto type thingy. I will probably like most stay silent when his name his read out. I may use some choice words though at points during the match. However I do like Rasputins idea, give the silly boy a slap.

Dicky... you are spot on mate. I have said it many times on here that it is unbelievable how someone, who is a Norwich supporter and should want the best for the club can defend this boys actions, and he is a boy. A man would have come out and said something in person, not hidden behind his muppet of an agent. I think the silence when his name is read out in the line up will be brilliant. That is if we ever get the chance as a stint in the reserves look likely.

Silence is, without a doubt, the best option - booing him will just make it worse - nothing and he may realise that, should he stay, he''ll have to put in 110% effort, every match, to win back our hearts. If he does that, then I''d love him in the team as he is a phenomenal player...

Or a chant of, as my mate suggested to me today:

"Heeeeyy.... Damien Francis... Ooh, Ahh..

I wanna know... if you give a ****?"

[quote]And how do you think the other players will feel when you start booing? I''ll bet they''ll be really chuffed with you. Not to mention the advantage it will give the opposition. Grow up.[/quote]

Read the blokes last post before your start so I suggest you dismount your high horse immediately.

[quote]And how do you think the other players will feel when you start booing? I''ll bet they''ll be really chuffed with you. Not to mention the advantage it will give the opposition. Grow up.[/quote]

Alright man no need to get all un hip(replacement) and all that. If you took your time to read my last post you will notice that I actually explained my first post as I had seen how some of you had taken it the wrong way. As I said its like a panto booo he''s behind you and all that nonesense. As its all turned into a pantomime I think its rather appropriate haha. Also take note of my name mate, JAck Daniels. I like it alot as I am now drinking a bottle wright know. It cows my opinion of variety of things. Property this.

Hahahaha. I need to get some sleepy thingy now.

Alright lad not to worry. Can''t the way these forums are moderated be changed slightly to quicken up the pace. For example the post is put up immediately, if its not in keeping with this boards high standards moderators you just sweep the board to see whats happening and I''m sure others would sign post poor contributions.

I am ashamed to say that I would love to voice my disapproval of Francis tonight if he does get on. While I have never booed a player before, I think his conduct is a disgrace and there is a whole heap of difference between booing someone who is not playing well (which I abhore eg Henderson and Holt recently) and booing a disruptive, arrogant, selfish and lazy "player" who is himself guilty of causing far more damage than the pantomine act captain is referring to.

You can bet the other players will know what''s going on so I have no doubt that it will not affect them at all- probably spur them on bit to prove to Francis the worth and calibre of the squad he wants to leave behind.

Sadly I can''t go. Have fun all.

Did you see the Anglia news bit from the photo call yesterday.  With Damo standing on his own.  Foley And Carolan both patted him and smiled as they walked past but he wasn''t mucking about with the boys!

The Francis situation will not hurt morale at all because the other players will be aware of what an ars3 he is being and will not like him mucking about their club.  I believe all the players beleive we can and will get promoted and would want the proper Francis in the team but the spirirt is such that one player will not be allowed to destroy what Worthy has worked to get.

I think we are quite entitled to boo tonight given the situation and that IT IS ONLY A FRIENDLY. ALthough I will also support a silence when his name is read out as that would say so much more.

If he plays against Coventry then it is a different kettle of fish as it is all about the points.

Read the Andy Hughes article on the EDP website - and compare his attitude with Francis.  He apologises for his poor challanges but was just over keen after the awful Southend performance, he says he is looking forward to playing at Carrow Road tonight, says he will not forget the cheers even though he was substituted, is flattered to have joined us and really appreciates the efforts of the fans going to an away friendly in the evening given that they have to leave work early and the cost.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED28%20Jul%202005%2009%3A29%3A13%3A003

No, I won''t boo a Norwich player. I won''t cheer his name, I''ll stay silent, but I won''t boo. Because, I''ve never seen us turn in a top performance as a team when the crowd have had issues with one player. It always undermines the whole team, and the mood in the ground.

Secondly, Francis himself has said nothing, absolutely nothing, about all of this. It''s mostly his agent trying to unsettle the player and talk up a move - he may succeed. Now I''m not saying Francis is blameless... he could have come out like Hucks did against his agent when he wasn''t representing him fully, so perhaps the smoke indicates there is fire...

silence is a much stronger response than booing in my opinon. Like already said, booing will change the morale of the whole team, not just francis.

Although come conventry i think we would all be applauding francis, i doubt he will leave now after he see''s how the fans feel about the whole saga. If he puts his best effort in, then why shouldnt the supporters react in the same way, and put our best effort in to get them going.

Francis now has to re-earn his respect from the fans all over again, and its his own fault no-one else''s.

ITs up to francis to sort it out, dont make it worse by booing him or he will care less, and do we want that?

I know its only pre-season but our results havnt been great, maybe if francis is part of that it will be different......

Think, dont boo.