Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Is Stanmore a good option?

Planning on parking at Stanmore Underground and tubing in.

Is this a good option or will it be full of Boro fans?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Was that a ''throwing off the scent'' comment CTID, or have you actually heard something?[/quote]

No it was a ''that''s what I''ve heard but I''m gonna do it anyway hence the reason I said was thinking the same'' comment.

It''s normally well used for football matches, will get crowded as it''s the obvious placed to park if coming down the M1 or A1. I''d get there early(ish).

It''s a few minutes on the tube to Wembley Park.

There are a quite a few pubs in Stanmore only five minutes walk away.

Thats my plan too already booked parking via just park in a local drive for a tenner.

I assume a lot of Boro fans will be travelling the same way coming down the M1 but dont see it as an issue, believe it or not we will bump into around 38,000 of them outside Wembley !!

Seriously though...going in everyone will be in the same jovial mood coming out one set of fans is going to piss off home while one set hangs around for an hour or more doing a lap of honour etc.

Stanmore will be packed with Boro many driving due to train strike or staying in the cheaper hotels in the Home Counties. We even have a large coach park now in Watford so all stations on the metropolitan and baker loo lines north of Wembley will be mainly Boro. We are a friendly lot . Hope you all have a great day out. We will whatever the result

If the Network Rail strike goes ahead, the Bakerloo line will be suspended north of Queens Park as it shares Network Rail lines.

Good point about the bakerloo line but our lot will be on the jubilee line to Stanmore which will be packed and so will the metropolitan line for our overflow coach park

Stanmore is a good option as about 400 parking spaces