Sign in to follow this  
MC Fearfull

Vehicle parking advice

I do apologize if there is another car parking post but I''m just looking to see what people know. Me and my friend are driving down to the game and as far as I know Wembley official parking is sold out. Now I''m just wondering about what other car parks are avail in the area? Really the best idea is parking in one of the London suburbs and tubing it in but I''m pretty sure my friend won''t be comfortable with leaving his car there as he doesn''t trust the areas... so suggestions for lesser dodgy suburbs and wembley car parks please? :)

We''re parking at Ruislip and using "Parkonmydrive.com" so we don''t have to leave the car in a dodgy car park. That''s a pretty good solution imo

This is the Wembley no-park zone

http://brent.gov.uk/media/1973329/Event%20day%20parking%20zone%20map.pdf

My local station is Northwick Park has no residents restrictions and there''s a big pub two minutes walk away. Never had a problem there, so far.

It''s two stops to Wembley Park.

any of the suburbs on way out of wembley are ok. just not in towards the centre.

just check restrictions. They are all over the place around tube stations even bank holiday

The event day parking zone is ends around 30 minutes walk from Wembley. Expect it to be enforced on a match day

[quote user="C Goodenough"]any of the suburbs on way out of wembley are ok. just not in towards the centre.

just check restrictions. They are all over the place around tube stations even bank holiday[/quote]There are very few car parks by the more central stations on the Tube.London has a bit of an unfair dodgy image. Just put valuables out of sight and you should be OK like you would anywhere else. Most stations have CCTV too.

Register with Just Park.

I''m parking in Wembley on someone''s drive for £15 and have used the same location before. Safe as houses.

If you are coming from the m40 I would recommend parking in ickenham (which is one stop from Ruislip on the mmetropolitan line tube).

No need to book parking as you will be able to park for free in the streets around the underground station (very quite and safe) or there is a large pay and display at the station which is £4 a day.

ickenham is a good choice as you have 4 good pubs within a five minute walk of the tube. One is a wetherspoons which is nice and cheap! There are no pubs near Ruislip station to nip into before/after the game for a pint (or a piss!)

Wembley park tube station is a 20 minute journey from ickenham, or you can walk to west Ruislip and get the overground train to Wembley stadium station. As others have said elsewhere on this forum arriving at wembley park means you get to walk down wembley way.

I live in ickenham and the place always gets mobbed if any teams that come down the m40 ate at Wembley - would be good to see the place full of yellow and green! !!!!

[quote user="Phil Schmil"]Register with Just Park.

I''m parking in Wembley on someone''s drive for £15 and have used the same location before. Safe as houses.[/quote]

Totally agree they''re a no brainer. I also use just park for days out in London also. A few friends snapped up a few more spaces last night a stones throw away from the ground so not sure if there''s many places left.

Bunn''s Armpit wrote the following post at 21/05/2015 8:38 AM:

Booked parking space at a church 10 minutes walk away £15

Sounds like a great option Mr Bunn, park car, say a little prayer for the team, walk to game.

Very nice.😄

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/getting-there-car/£6 for 24 hours, 4,500 spaces. Park there, take the Tube to Wembley. Sorted.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/getting-there-car/£6 for 24 hours, 4,500 spaces. Park there, take the Tube to Wembley. Sorted.[/quote]

Is that a joke surely. Who in their right mind would park an hour away from the stadium

[quote user="White stuff"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/getting-there-car/£6 for 24 hours, 4,500 spaces. Park there, take the Tube to Wembley. Sorted.[/quote]

Is that a joke surely. Who in their right mind would park an hour away from the stadium[/quote]Someone who wants to make sure they get a space in a large, safe car park and doesn''t mind sitting on the underground with a group of friends for 45 minutes or so. Sorry that my suggestion was so ridiculous.

[quote user="White stuff"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/getting-there-car/£6 for 24 hours, 4,500 spaces. Park there, take the Tube to Wembley. Sorted.[/quote]

Is that a joke surely. Who in their right mind would park an hour away from the stadium[/quote]1) it''s 45 mins. Not an hour.2) Someone who doesn''t want to get stuck on the M25 or M1 car parks, which will be full of people, due to this rail strike that seems to be getting a bit of attention.3) Someone who wants a seat on the tube (Stafford is first stop on the Jubilee line)4) Someone who wants easy access to the A11/M11 to/from Norwich.It''s what I plan on doing.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="White stuff"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/getting-there-car/£6 for 24 hours, 4,500 spaces. Park there, take the Tube to Wembley. Sorted.[/quote]

Is that a joke surely. Who in their right mind would park an hour away from the stadium[/quote]1) it''s 45 mins. Not an hour.2) Someone who doesn''t want to get stuck on the M25 or M1 car parks, which will be full of people, due to this rail strike that seems to be getting a bit of attention.3) Someone who wants a seat on the tube (Stafford is first stop on the Jubilee line)4) Someone who wants easy access to the A11/M11 to/from Norwich.It''s what I plan on doing.[/quote]You''re out of your mind... [:)]